Barrett at a loss to lift Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here's something..

My friend is on a few Sea Eagle supporter sites on fb. He was critical of Manly's inconsistency and that Trent Barrett seemed lost as to addressing it. Nothing nasty or offensive, just mild footy talk. In chimes none other than Trent's father 'Bruce Barrett'. He lectured my friend accusing him of doing 'immense' and 'unreversable' damage'. He even signed off as; ' Bruce Barrett, Trent's father'...unbelievable
If he used the word "unreversable" then he really must be Barrett's dad!

We'v got 3 more years of this regime boys and girls so get used to the losers tag.

I hear Robbie Farah wants to leave Souffs and go back to Wests.

I say let him. Maybe he can use his talents as a coach killer to push Ivan Cleary out so he can finally come home to Manly and replace the coach we have now ;)

I say let him. Maybe he can use his talents as a coach killer to push Ivan Cleary out so he can finally come home to Manly and replace the coach we have now ;)
Would u take ivan without nathan?

I'd take Ivan back.....but would we be able to afford Nathan? Would definitely love to have him here to play alongside DCE in the halves, but as to whether we could fit him under the cap would remain to be seen.

The sad thing is I can't imagine anyone wanting to come to the rabble that has become Manly. I was flicking around the radio this morning and heard discussion about where Bennett would go. Someone suggested Manly and they all laughed heartily as if you'd have to be out of your mind to go to Manly.

While I agree, I do know that Cleary has expressed interest in coming home to Manly at some point. Though with the way this club currently is, I wouldn't blame him or anyone else giving us a wide berth right now.

The sad thing is that all we're hearing right now is of people allegedly wanting out. Kapow, Walks, even Barrett has apparently been advised to leave. We don't hear anyone saying they want to come here. Yes Hodko came "home", but the big motivating factor there would have been the chance to play regular first grade rather than NSW Cup.

I am at a loss to explain why we cant use our big boys more close to the line. Taupau, Fonua-Blake, Paseka and Lane. How about some post contact metres from 5-10 metres out. Taupau always gets stopped dead in his tracks when he charges at the line

While I agree, I do know that Cleary has expressed interest in coming home to Manly at some point. Though with the way this club currently is, I wouldn't blame him or anyone else giving us a wide berth right now.

The sad thing is that all we're hearing right now is of people allegedly wanting out. Kapow, Walks, even Barrett has apparently been advised to leave. We don't hear anyone saying they want to come here. Yes Hodko came "home", but the big motivating factor there would have been the chance to play regular first grade rather than NSW Cup.
Your main problem there is you're believing the media. They've been saying that garbage all year. They love destabilising us. Just because something is repeated enough doesn't mean it's true. Marty only signed a 3 year extension last year. He can't be that unhappy. The latest rumour of him to the dogs makes absolutely zero sense

I'm also at a loss how low we've reached on all facets as a club. No accountability on all levels.
I agree you tell me when has this current management board been held to account..I include former staff now not working at the club the answer is never and really that is where all our problems have started, no accountability and definitely no corporate governance structures in place.

Last edited:
Believe me @lurker , I take no credence in what the media says because I know full well that dirt stories on Manly are usually only click bait because they know opposition fans want to read about and laugh at how bad things are going here. The stories have been about players like Taupau and Walker wanting out, but I also know full well that the club isn't going to let them go, at least not without a fight. And both players have repeatedly said they are going nowhere, their intent is to stay at Brookvale.

Why do you think so many of those internet based "news" sites like Sporting News and 5th Tackle were running with the Choc podcast story yesterday? Even Fox ran with it because they knew that Manly bashing is good for business.

Your main problem there is you're believing the media. They've been saying that garbage all year. They love destabilising us. Just because something is repeated enough doesn't mean it's true. Marty only signed a 3 year extension last year. He can't be that unhappy. The latest rumour of him to the dogs makes absolutely zero sense
Devil's advocate: if you were a player, would you want out?

Walkz isn't going anywhere loves northern beaches new house father in waiting life is good
DC needs to use Walkz at centre more productively otherwise back to 5/8 so he can get more ball to use.
I will admit I wouldn't drop or sack DC his potential is limitless and capable of turning his form and the teams fortunes around.
Im backing them to beat the Merge no matter who plays.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6