Barrett at a loss to lift Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett should have tried Tom Wright by now. He also should have swallowed his pride and brought Hastings into the squad.
Being a coach is about end results. When you select the same under-performing team the coach must take responsibility and make changes. Sure, he may be proven right that Tom is not up to First Grade - but was Croker? Is Hodkinson? There is no downside; we are getting beaten now without him.
Sure, Hastings may have been in the wrong, but if he can improve the team's results then he should be re-instated.
Barrett has failed to make the most of his resources. Had he tried every option and the team still failed then he shouldn't be blamed. He's not given himself an out and he now only has half a season to prove he is a real coach or just a pretender.

I get confused by his media chats after Every loss....
The players tried hard....if this is the case, it’s almost blaming himself as the pre game plan becomes the standout issue.
The comparison of attacking structures to other teams is chalk and cheese, Manly go side to side like Mona Vale U14s.
The lack of option runners and these 1 out plays represent a team who could only muster a dummy half try after close to 100% completions after 1 hour of footy ??
The biggest problem I have with Barrett is the lack of accountability, that’s not protecting your players, it’s accepting poor performance and results.
Love or hate Bellamy, would have been frothing at the mouth and the players would’ve looking for somewhere to hide.
His press conference would be about unacceptable effort and taking a long hard look.....not focus on a bad refs decisions, who was out....the box of excuses is surely empty by now and it’s the same old stuff each week.
Truth is, it’s not just the coach- there are key players NOT performing and a negative mindset of players in key positions.
But the coach has to be on the list of issues combining to deliver these uninspiring performances.

Barrett should have tried Tom Wright by now. He also should have swallowed his pride and brought Hastings into the squad.
Being a coach is about end results. When you select the same under-performing team the coach must take responsibility and make changes. Sure, he may be proven right that Tom is not up to First Grade - but was Croker? Is Hodkinson? There is no downside; we are getting beaten now without him.
Sure, Hastings may have been in the wrong, but if he can improve the team's results then he should be re-instated.
Barrett has failed to make the most of his resources. Had he tried every option and the team still failed then he shouldn't be blamed. He's not given himself an out and he now only has half a season to prove he is a real coach or just a pretender.
Wright yes,Hastings wrong.He has shown nothing in reserve that warrants a promotion.Granted,he maybe lacking the motivation after what has transpired but the truth is at the moment he is not the answer

SBS News .....

Manly were their own worst enemy in a third straight loss which leaves Trent Barrett's men at long odds to reach the NRL play-offs.

Three straight losses, a key player down and the NRL draw from hell over the next month.

Little wonder Manly coach Trent Barrett was struggling for enthusiasm after his team succumbed 34-14 to the Warriors to suck further life from their play-off hopes.

Barrett was hard-pressed to explain his team's listless effort through the middle stages when they conceded 34 unanswered points in Christchurch on Saturday.

He cited some unfortunate referee rulings for his team to be 12-8 down at halftime.

It was the errors and poor option-taking of his players that proved fatal after the break as Manly slumped to a ninth loss from 13 games.

"If we're getting beaten on effort, we've got huge issues. But we're not," Barrett said.

"We've just got to keep working hard and work out why we are coming up with a few of the decisions that we are.

"We just ran out of puff in the end, I suppose, and couldn't pull them back."

Barrett's misery was compounded by the early loss of hooker Api Koroisau to a foot injury that could prove serious.

Koroisau's absence removed a key cog in Manly's attack and left them exposed to close raids from Warriors No.9 Isaac Luke.

"Issac Luke tore us to pieces through the middle of the ruck," Barrett conceded.

"They've got a lot of good players and they're in the four for a reason."

Combating top teams is about to become a regular gig for Manly.

They face the competition front-running Dragons and Panthers over the next two weeks.
His presser showed how much he does not get it.

He claims that we matched the effort of the Warriors, what I saw was one team attacking and defending with far more enthusiasm and power and aggression while we spent the last 55 minutes of the game being passive, negative and tactics that frankly surrendered any chance we had of winning the game. Our defence was paper thin at times and to concede tries, where a player does not have a hand laid on him, is telling. We need an injection of enthusiasm and youth quickly!!!

This bloke is hopeless. He makes poor old peter Sharp look good.

Yet there’s no pressure from the media to punt him.

Must be good on his knees
Carpet laying could be Barrett's new profession

A coach's career is over when he comes out and says he doesn't know how to lift his players

He could at least get some of the old players in to address the team and tell them embrace the Manly culture :Les Boyd Randall Eadie Reilly etc

I was at the local watching the game on fox and some one said I haven't seen a Manly team play so negative that I am beginning to think the players are into match fixing .
Its funny but not funny if you guys no what I mean

I was at the local watching the game on fox and some one said I haven't seen a Manly team play so negative that I am beginning to think the players are into match fixing .
I'll bet you thats not the case .

I get confused by his media chats after Every loss....
The players tried hard....if this is the case, it’s almost blaming himself as the pre game plan becomes the standout issue.
The comparison of attacking structures to other teams is chalk and cheese, Manly go side to side like Mona Vale U14s.
The lack of option runners and these 1 out plays represent a team who could only muster a dummy half try after close to 100% completions after 1 hour of footy ??
The biggest problem I have with Barrett is the lack of accountability, that’s not protecting your players, it’s accepting poor performance and results.
Love or hate Bellamy, would have been frothing at the mouth and the players would’ve looking for somewhere to hide.
His press conference would be about unacceptable effort and taking a long hard look.....not focus on a bad refs decisions, who was out....the box of excuses is surely empty by now and it’s the same old stuff each week.
Truth is, it’s not just the coach- there are key players NOT performing and a negative mindset of players in key positions.
But the coach has to be on the list of issues combining to deliver these uninspiring performances.
The problem is the players are trying hard and that is exposing the reality that we just don't have the cattle.
In the game yesterday Marty and AFB both ran 150 metres plus, and we had the Trobjs who tried everything they could.
Lane, Wright, Winterstein, Hodkinsin, Uate are not first grade standard, Thompson and Taufua, are solid players suited to a good team but nothing more. That's more than half the team that are trying hard but delivering no strike power.
I believe we are flogging a dead horse and major changes are needed, This rebuild is a dud.
NYEagle

Well apparently they were into match fixing which changed to cap cheating - good onya Greenslime. Now that they're 'allegedly' cap cheating maybe they decided to go back to match fixing.@:D
This season is definitely a laugh or cry one.

It’s not rocket surgery
-as good as Matt Wright went in Api s place we lost a lot in terms of defence and attack
-when we did get some Attacking position both DCe and to lesser extent hodgko put insipid and negative kicks in ,Barret pls explain if that was ur idea or did the 1/2s cook that up ?
-I have also noticed that DCE has developed a habit of just running the ball himself when there is little on offer rather than looking for someone to pass to resulting in him dying with the ball or putting in a useless kick no one knows about
-I think DCE is really down on confidence or if not delusional he needs to snap out of it
-with the season seemingly gone let’s give the likes of Tom Wright a go and try and get fainase Manu U20s 9 Into the top squad
-parra bought the u20s Hooker in last night and he killed it
-Barret needs to really put some focus on repeat sets and building pressure and reduce the immature style of play DCE is practising with bad kicks and poor decisions
-I’m not a DCE or Barret hater but really after such good go foward the team deserves far better last tackle options than what has been dished up over the last few weeks

Anyway just my POV
Go Manly

Last edited:
The team lacks creativity. At our best we run onto the ball and play with depth, right now there is a flat attack, we only go through the middle for a little while and our halves drift across the field and turn the ball back inside. Rarely do we see our halves take on the line and our kicking game is basically surrendering the ball. In a time of crisis like this, I want to see a simple game plan of completing sets and getting repeat sets when possible, putting up a bomb that gives our backs a chance to compete for the ball.

Barretts right, the refs cost us. Did you see them next to DCE and Hodko all game telling them to kick into touch, irregardless of weather you were in an attacking position (don't put the bomb up for Hiku, who is a fill-in fullback, hence would be SO confident under a spirialing bomb!), and forget repeat sets, that'll only build pressure....kick it out, and if you can't kick it out, just a little stab kick into the huge warriors wingers hands(yeah I know he's got four tries, but let's give it another go!). Those shiit non-tactics can only have come from the coach imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8