Barrett at a loss to lift Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
SBS News .....

Manly were their own worst enemy in a third straight loss which leaves Trent Barrett's men at long odds to reach the NRL play-offs.

Three straight losses, a key player down and the NRL draw from hell over the next month.

Little wonder Manly coach Trent Barrett was struggling for enthusiasm after his team succumbed 34-14 to the Warriors to suck further life from their play-off hopes.

Barrett was hard-pressed to explain his team's listless effort through the middle stages when they conceded 34 unanswered points in Christchurch on Saturday.

He cited some unfortunate referee rulings for his team to be 12-8 down at halftime.

It was the errors and poor option-taking of his players that proved fatal after the break as Manly slumped to a ninth loss from 13 games.

"If we're getting beaten on effort, we've got huge issues. But we're not," Barrett said.

"We've just got to keep working hard and work out why we are coming up with a few of the decisions that we are.

"We just ran out of puff in the end, I suppose, and couldn't pull them back."

Barrett's misery was compounded by the early loss of hooker Api Koroisau to a foot injury that could prove serious.

Koroisau's absence removed a key cog in Manly's attack and left them exposed to close raids from Warriors No.9 Isaac Luke.

"Issac Luke tore us to pieces through the middle of the ruck," Barrett conceded.

"They've got a lot of good players and they're in the four for a reason."

Combating top teams is about to become a regular gig for Manly.

They face the competition front-running Dragons and Panthers over the next two weeks.

Trent cited some unfortunate referee rulings for his team to be 12-8 down at halftime ?
The Warriors were disallowed 2 tries and still came up with 34 unanswered points to win comfortably .
Since when does the referees tackles and read the defense for us. Talk about clutching at straws.
26 wins from 63 games doesn’t it cut it. This imposter has to go. 41% over 2.5 season is simply not good enough

Let’s remember Mr Penn said it’s a results driven business and sacked toovery after one season with a 45% winning percentage after 3 seasons in the top 4.

"If we're getting beaten on effort, we've got huge issues. But we're not," Barrett said.

So if getting beaten 34-14 isn't getting beaten on effort....WTF is???

Earth to Trent.......WE'VE GOT HUGE ISSUES!!!!!!!! We're not 4-10 right now because we're unlucky and are only losing by a couple of points in games. When we lose, most times we're getting thumped.

Last edited:
This bloke is hopeless. He makes poor old peter Sharp look good.

Yet there’s no pressure from the media to punt him.

Must be good on his knees

I can't say for the print media, but look at who the majority of the television commentators are, especially those on Fox. By and large all former club and representative team mates of Barrett. Just about the only ones who aren't his former team mates are the old guard on Nein like Fatty, Sterling and Lewis as well as their non-playing ones like Warren, Bracey, Hadlee etc.

And then there is Gould who will continue to sing his praises on Nein because he wants everyone to believe its Manly and not Barrett that is the problem. If its Manly and not Barrett.....why couldn't you get him out of Penrith quick enough Gus? Why not offer him a job at Penrith now?

Last edited:
Im so over Barrett and his pussy excuses . **** i dont even want to watch these laughable clowns anymore until they show some heart . I worked and didnt see it but viewed the highlights and am embarrassed to be a Manly supporter. Id take Hasler back in a heartbeat after witnessing this ****.

Go on every club forum and passionate supporters don't take inept team performances lightly . They are ruthless at expressing their disappointment and disgust .
Passionate fans are the lifeline of the game . Take away the passionate fans that part with their money to invest in the game and go out to support their teams in the cold and rain . What do we have ? Fck all that's what we have .
Passionate fans pay money to see their team perform to expectations win lose or draw .

We know Tooves was sacked for issues other than on field performances,despite what the Penn’s would have us believe,but just to point out the obvious,Toovey had a 58% winning record after 4 years and Barrett currently has a 41% winning record after 2 and a half years.This is despite the hierarchy at the time of Barrett’s appointment saying that they were worried about where the club was heading and they needed a complete overhaul.Well it seems they will have to start all over again.Yes there’s some injuries in first grade but those out are hardly going to make a huge difference and the likes of Sironen is out more than he’s in anyway.And as for the club acquiring Blacktown,you could hardly say that they are producing good enough players to put pressure on a Ron Massey Cup side let alone a NRL team

Im so over Barrett and his pussy excuses . **** i dont even want to watch these laughable clowns anymore until they show some heart . I worked and didnt see it but viewed the highlights and am embarrassed to be a Manly supporter. Id take Hasler back in a heartbeat after witnessing this ****.
An average coach will offer excuses and a quality coach will offer solutions that leads to results .
I am not Anti Barrett , I am anti losing . My Manly team has a proud history of being winners and I accept nothing less than that

An average coach will offer excuses and a quality coach will offer solutions that leads to results .
I am not Anti Barrett , I am anti losing . My Manly team has a proud history of being winners and I accept nothing less than that
Mate thats why we need one of our own steering the ship and bring the passion back . Barrett is steering us ashore ole friend.

We know Tooves was sacked for issues other than on field performances,despite what the Penn’s would have us believe,but just to point out the obvious,Toovey had a 58% winning record after 4 years and Barrett currently has a 41% winning record after 2 and a half years.This is despite the hierarchy at the time of Barrett’s appointment saying that they were worried about where the club was heading and they needed a complete overhaul.Well it seems they will have to start all over again.Yes there’s some injuries in first grade but those out are hardly going to make a huge difference and the likes of Sironen is out more than he’s in anyway.And as for the club acquiring Blacktown,you could hardly say that they are producing good enough players to put pressure on a Ron Massey Cup side let alone a NRL team
Just on this BWSE bullsht idea. Why in hell wouldn't we go back to aligning ourselves with either Central coast or Sunshine coast. Why would you try to align with an area surrounded by 4 nrl clubs already. Its produced fuking nothing. Another garbage Fulton decision that one.

Just watched the Presser again.

TB : " if Turbos pass isn't called foward with 10 to go, we would have only been down by 14 points, and a big hope of winning."

It is laughable how clueless this bloke appears to be.
Down 14 with 10 to go is an apparantly acceptable position to win from.

Lmao. He is clueless.

Since when does the referees tackles and read the defense for us. Talk about clutching at straws.
26 wins from 63 games doesn’t it cut it. This imposter has to go. 41% over 2.5 season is simply not good enough

Let’s remember Mr Penn said it’s a results driven business and sacked toovery after one season with a 45% winning percentage after 3 seasons in the top 4.
I think the key point you make here is that Penn has to go. I think that Barrett is a rank amateur who makes appalling decisions. The rot is there from him down with rubbish assistants (including fitness staff) and lousy player management - Gladstone, Hastings, Suli. BUT ....
It was Penn who moved on Tooves with a strong winning record citing the now infamous "result driven business" and Penn who appointed Bozo and Barrett.
Nothing will improve until we are free of Team Penn.

TB : " if Turbos pass isn't called foward with 10 to go, we would have only been down by 14 points, and a big hope of winning."

Lmao. He is clueless.
That presser quote sadly is clutching at straws . Just like our teams defensive effort to let in 34 unanswered points .
We were lucky that the ref disallowed 2 Warriors tries other wise the score would have been even more embarrassing .

Just on this BWSE bullsht idea. Why in hell wouldn't we go back to aligning ourselves with either Central coast or Sunshine coast. Why would you try to align with an area surrounded by 4 nrl clubs already. Its produced fuking nothing. Another garbage Fulton decision that one.
The NSWRL stopped them from continuing on with Sunny Coast because they didn’t want them to benefit another comp when they could be playing in the NSW Cup.But why can’t they play a Manly reserve grade side and try and develop more local juniors?The club would have more success and support from fans knowing that local players are coming through the system.Maybe the club have the wrong coaches running programs in the local area to produce anything.A lot of people talk about the under 20’s side that won last year but in truth they did finish 8th at the end of the regular season and got on a roll at the end.And there’s only 3 players from the 2015 Under 20’s GF side that are playing First Grade and only 1 is still at the club

Lmao. He is clueless.

He's been clueless from day one. Gould would be in hysterics

I think the key point you make here is that Penn has to go. I think that Barrett is a rank amateur who makes appalling decisions. The rot is there from him down with rubbish assistants (including fitness staff) and lousy player management - Gladstone, Hastings, Suli. BUT ....
It was Penn who moved on Tooves with a strong winning record citing the now infamous "result driven business" and Penn who appointed Bozo and Barrett.
Nothing will improve until we are free of Team Penn.
been saying this right from when 2V's was sacked.
People on this forum will go into bat for the Penns and Bozo but they have both been the parties that have got us into this situation and have never been held to account.
Until this happens the real rebuild will not happen.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8