Barrett and Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just listening to Paul Kent, said the Carty and Barrett could end up at The Riff.

He also said Salary Cap appeal to be announced this week. He thought the appeal would be unsuccessful but said Manly have done nothing wrong. He actually stuck up for us.

So unsuccessful BUT we’ve done nothing wrong!!

Is that Greenberg 101????

Just listening to Paul Kent, said the Carty and Barrett could end up at The Riff.

He also said Salary Cap appeal to be announced this week. He thought the appeal would be unsuccessful but said Manly have done nothing wrong. He actually stuck up for us.
Ok, say this happens, then which players will he try and take or which players will follow him

One thing we are not is a mentally strong team. We have lost our mongrel. We rarely close out matches. We have been the better side in many matches this season that we have lost.
We need all our coaching staff to understand the importance the mind plays in a winning culture.
Give me a player with a strong mind any day over a player with a strong body.
Spot on. I'd like to see TB having coffees and debriefs with Brad Stubbs than Cartwright.....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...t-want-you-to-know-about-20180730-p4zuh7.html

One of the things we got accused of is taking players off the free market by allegedly offering to help with TPA's. What club doesn't do that when trying to sign a name player like a Walker or Taupau? I mean, where were the accusations of no free market when Doesn't-matta signed Hayne for less than half of what he was on at the Titans? Where is the investigation into Penrith when Maloney let the cat out of the bag about Penrith trying to sort out a TPA for him with Keno in the swap with Moylan?

The answer to those two questions is simple IMO. The Worms have already been done and being in a vital position in the western suburbs means that the NRL didn't want to have to "punish" them again for still rorting the system so soon after 2016. And Penrith? I personally think they are $hit scared of Gould. Not that he is some genius who will crush them, but because he is a media mouth piece and they are basically afraid that he could expose the whole kit and kaboodle even more than he does with his usual rants.

The Manly appeal may end up being unsuccessful (mark my words, the NRL have already made up their minds), but the reality is that what we have been penalised for is no worse than what any of the other 15 clubs do and still do and continue to get away with. We've just been made the poster child mostly it seems because of Greenturd's hatred of Manly.

I liken running a professional sports club like any in the NRL to the engineers and car designers in Formula One. Yes there is a set of rules to follow.....but its those who can bend and exploit the grey areas of the rules who are generally the most successful, especially for clubs like Manly who aren't seen as vital to the league's cause.

Last edited:
Hmm
The plot thickens.
Cartwright signs a 2 year deal and is the front runner for the new job.

Listening to James Hooper.

Surely we haven't sunk that low to give him any credence what so ever.

Jeez...I wish I could tell you guys the story of what Alfie Langer, Jason Hetherington and Trevor Gillmeister did to "knock about" Hooper the night before origin 2 this year!

Alfie stitched him right up!!

Hoops was still drunk when doing the intro to the game live at the ground the next night.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8