Barret staying until July 19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've always supported Barrett but i reckon he is a piece of **** now

If you quit and want to walk away, then go. You cant be expected to be paid for next year when you have decided to leave, especially after what he produced this year. He is tarnishing the club and holding them for ransom. Just move on mate so we can look to the future.
Spot on Simon.

I understand you are genuine in your views, however a lot has been written on here about Barretts motivations and actions, yet none of us have first hand knowledge, and apart from the constant rehashing of rumour and outright gibberish I don't think any of us has all the facts. Some are prepared to believe the worst of Barrett in any situation, it is just that I am not.

Hard to put that at Barrett's door ..... he has been begging for a Recruitment Officer and List Manager for 10 months since Fulton left.

Again, I know you are only using chairs and buddies to make a point, but it belittles the point that whatever people wish to make of Barrett's motivations ...... he is 100% correct .... resource OUR club back to acceptable NRL standard ....... Penn had many ways of responding when Barrett first said honour our agreement or I will give you 12 months notice .... one was to do something straight away ... but no .... they did, and have still done fuk-all ........ hard to blame Barrett for Penn and Gorman sitting with their heads up their arses doing nothing for 4 months .....

anyway .... as I said, I love all this **** .... it is said you have to hit rock bottom before there is meaningful cnange ..... I think we are almost there

Dont disagree at all, but how much of this issues lay at barretts door
Siebold , willie peters. Lussicks , hastings, lane and maybe tapau. Penn has not created the factions that have festered. Our back up hooking option after hastings was sent packing didnt need a recruitment manager, it needed a leader. He could have had 600 staff members and this scenario would have unfolded but wih a different excuse.

In my opinion he is blaming everyone else for his own misgivings and he has a pattern of deflecting accountability. He was starting to sound like greg inglis by seasons end. We couldnt win because we train in 24 degree heat and it wasnt 24 so i had to bring a thermos, waterbottle and a sunlamp from home( had to im a smartarse)

Manly have needed a settled squad , With all the player dissent after years or massive turnover, this year and next were to be the years he got the squad he wanted but personalities have torn the squad back to the bones and his tactic ensures it will be there in upcoming seasons. On top of that the players seem to hold the keys to the castle. Dont think penn gave them to them

The penns are up to eyeballs in this , totally agree they have neglected the club but barrett has played the spite card in an attempt to cover up his own inadequacies. Classic blame 101 and now he wants his cake and eat it. I get that **** , i like cake

Ultimately in exactly the same situation if he finished top 4 and they offered him an upgrade and still dragged there feet i feel comfortable in predictng he would have said yes in a heartbeat. Recruitment dude or not.

And yes i was being cheeky about the chairs previously and snuck another one in. Also with less staff and half the pay i reckon i could lead manly to a higher position from here in adelaide as a FIFO coach. If not i can resign in july 2020 i suppose

Not saying im right, just how i see it. His ultimatum doesnt change any of this though. Just gives him justification

From what I know is as follows:
McGuire has declined the offer to coach the side next season
Manly have gone back to Trent and advised that he won't be released until July
Cartwright to take over in July (easy transition and the players will be advised in Nov at pre-season training)
Recruitment will be managed by a new staff member to be announced at tonight's forum.
Marty won't be leaving Manly for the Roosters unless they are willing to pay up 80% of his contract which they can't afford.

Yeah Nah. It's Toovey, Maguire or Fold for me.

It it's accurate, no way I'll be paying any of Trent, or Cartwrongs way in 2019.

#In2vItrust

Dont disagree at all, but how much of this issues lay at barretts door
Siebold , willie peters. Lussicks , hastings, lane and maybe tapau. Penn has not created the factions that have festered. Our back up hooking option after hastings was sent packing didnt need a recruitment manager, it needed a leader. He could have had 600 staff members and this scenario would have unfolded but wih a different excuse.

In my opinion he is blaming everyone else for his own misgivings and he has a pattern of deflecting accountability. He was starting to sound like greg inglis by seasons end. We couldnt win because we train in 24 degree heat and it wasnt 24 so i had to bring a thermos, waterbottle and a sunlamp from home( had to im a smartarse)

Manly have needed a settled squad , With all the player dissent after years or massive turnover, this year and next were to be the years he got the squad he wanted but personalities have torn the squad back to the bones and his tactic ensures it will be there in upcoming seasons. On top of that the players seem to hold the keys to the castle. Dont think penn gave them to them

The penns are up to eyeballs in this , totally agree they have neglected the club but barrett has played the spite card in an attempt to cover up his own inadequacies. Classic blame 101 and now he wants his cake and eat it. I get that **** , i like cake

Ultimately in exactly the same situation if he finished top 4 and they offered him an upgrade and still dragged there feet i feel comfortable in predictng he would have said yes in a heartbeat. Recruitment dude or not.

And yes i was being cheeky about the chairs previously and snuck another one in. Also with less staff and half the pay i reckon i could lead manly to a higher position from here in adelaide as a FIFO coach. If not i can resign in july 2020 i suppose

Not saying im right, just how i see it. His ultimatum doesnt change any of this though. Just gives him justification
That's right. Barrett had support in Seibold and Peters and they were lost under his watch.
And all the rest that you mention happened all under his tenure.
Boy doing a man's job and he f*cked it.
And if people think he's up to 1st grade coaching standard look at his results or lack thereof.
I'm sick of hearing his name.

That's right. Barrett had support in Seibold and Peters and they were lost under his watch.
And all the rest that you mention happened all under his tenure.
Boy doing a man's job and he f*cked it.
And if people think he's up to 1st grade coaching standard look at his results or lack thereof.
I'm sick of hearing his name.
Agree 100% and also if u look at the ESL there talking about Jacko up there for man of steel if he had been there all year.
Considering how many games we lost by 1 or 2 points (7 i think)that little bit of polish at the end of a set could have been pretty valuable asset.instaed Barrett botchs the whole thing and derails the season
Walk now and let us get on with it

No one believes a single thing written by journalists on here yet some dickhead writes an article on the basis of some ambiguous comment and it gets some mileage.

No NRL club would announce that they will employ an embarrassing failed coach who is despised by the owner and CEO till mid season and then replace him.It is lunacy. The fans won’t buy it , the players won’t buy it, prospective signings won’t buy it , future coaches won’t buy it and it ain’t going to happen. It is just preposterous. It would destroy the club as an entity.No one is that ****ing stupid.

As said earlier it’s just rubbish to feed the chooks while they sort Barrett. Gorman effectively said that tonight.” A coach has been appointed for November 4 kickoff and structures in place “ Very amateur way to handle it but Barrett won’t be anywhere near the joint, nor would he want to be. He just wants his cash.

Time to chill out. We mightn’t like the replacement but at least the boil will be lanced.

Last edited:
The Penns are just about money. Nothing else. Why be surprised people. They probably have a PI following him monitoring his emails. Baz has probably got a club to go to & the Penns are calling his bluff. No payout.

The club comes second to the Penns vitriol - The club matter not. As long as they win. Asshole V asshole in my books.

And what continues to flummox and astound me is that there are still people who are prepared to support this incompetent and vindictive fool Penn ...... over Barrett, the only bloke in 10 years who has stood up to him .....

All you had to do stupid was hire a Recruitment Officer and buy a fukken chair ...... you still haven't done either you pelican ....

Each position is not mutually exclusive.

I am more than capable of despising both Penn and Barrett, at the same time.

It's such a farce.

Read a thread on FB about it and the whole thing sounds like a plot schemed by Mr Burns in the Simpsons. Had to make a quick pic about it cos the whole drama is so comical.

And if the Penns were only about money they'd have sold to the Qatar bid that was willing to pay the fine and buy the club for far more than what the Penn's paid.

Attachments

• manlycoach.PNG
    manlycoach.PNG
    176.8 KB · Views: 36
From what I know is as follows:
McGuire has declined the offer to coach the side next season
Manly have gone back to Trent and advised that he won't be released until July
Cartwright to take over in July (easy transition and the players will be advised in Nov at pre-season training)
Recruitment will be managed by a new staff member to be announced at tonight's forum.
Marty won't be leaving Manly for the Roosters unless they are willing to pay up 80% of his contract which they can't afford.
You were correct about Maguire !!!! I really hope Trent doesn't stay till July and then Cartwright takes over !! What a disaster that will be !! Where did you hear this ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2