Barret staying until July 19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And what continues to flummox and astound me is that there are still people who are prepared to support this incompetent and vindictive fool Penn ...... over Barrett, the only bloke in 10 years who has stood up to him .....

All you had to do stupid was hire a Recruitment Officer and buy a fukken chair ...... you still haven't done either you pelican ....
Going through the IKEA catalog now for a potential 88 candidates.

It's not panic it is about professionalism while we carry on with this "game" prospective coaches and players are being singed by other clubs leaving us with the left overs. This is not how a professional club should be acting we look like amateurs because we are acting like it.
It is a negotiation tactic (and something that is pretty common )

And what continues to flummox and astound me is that there are still people who are prepared to support this incompetent and vindictive fool Penn ...... over Barrett, the only bloke in 10 years who has stood up to him .....

All you had to do stupid was hire a Recruitment Officer and buy a fukken chair ...... you still haven't done either you pelican ....

It is because they are two separate issues.

I think most here appreciate that the owners have not resourced the club like they said they would, as it is a fact.

However... Barrett has coached a squad with multiple origin players to 15th, with often mentally weak, pathetic and inept defensive performances. This is a coach's responsibility. We had similar lapses last year when we scraped into the top 8.

The owners should absolutely pull their finger out and fund the club like the winning squad I'm sure they hope it will be. However I have seen nothing to suggest that even if Barrett's demands are met, that we will develop into a top-4 squad under his tutelage.

I agree about barrett standing up to penn. good on him. While i understand penn may be a hindrance , the real fight is the other 15 teams. In all honesty his bravado has him at 0-2 with his coaching reputation running a distant second to his reputation as an antagonist.

If he is indeed standing up to an employment bully i admire that but his actions will cripple this club. This has player manager all over it and rarely do they have anyone in mind but themselves

But for us fans its ****, as we are screwed over until they play a merry dance while the club stalls in the big recruitment season. Its like when xxxx workers used to strike every christmas. Its un Australian. Beer is beer and beer rarely crossed the birder back then so before you start, piss off its freaking hot as a nuns nadty up there at christmas

I know its a 50/50 between penn and barrett, but barrett owns one of the 50.while his stance i get , its his job as a coach that has him here. He was a piss poor leader in my eyes as he lacked resolve to make and implement the tough decisions.he wanted to be mr popular and now he is throwing the toys of of the cot.

Honestly what business wants ti spend hundreds of thousands of dollars paying out someone who quit because he didnt have enough chairs and buddies. They didnt march him.Considering he is the leader of the group he is probably luck willie peters didnt play the same workplace relation **** on his arse.there was a buddy he didnt want

Again good on him but in my opinion his stance and resolve are evident after the horse has bolted.
Giddy the **** up. Not you woodsie, but trent

I understand you are genuine in your views, however a lot has been written on here about Barretts motivations and actions, yet none of us have first hand knowledge, and apart from the constant rehashing of rumour and outright gibberish I don't think any of us has all the facts. Some are prepared to believe the worst of Barrett in any situation, it is just that I am not.

But for us fans its ****, as we are screwed over until they play a merry dance while the club stalls in the big recruitment season.

Hard to put that at Barrett's door ..... he has been begging for a Recruitment Officer and List Manager for 10 months since Fulton left.

Honestly what business wants ti spend hundreds of thousands of dollars paying out someone who quit because he didnt have enough chairs and buddies.

Again, I know you are only using chairs and buddies to make a point, but it belittles the point that whatever people wish to make of Barrett's motivations ...... he is 100% correct .... resource OUR club back to acceptable NRL standard ....... Penn had many ways of responding when Barrett first said honour our agreement or I will give you 12 months notice .... one was to do something straight away ... but no .... they did, and have still done fuk-all ........ hard to blame Barrett for Penn and Gorman sitting with their heads up their arses doing nothing for 4 months .....

anyway .... as I said, I love all this **** .... it is said you have to hit rock bottom before there is meaningful cnange ..... I think we are almost there

If they want rid of trent, its simple. Just announce Tooves as head of football and make Trent answerable to him. Fans will be delighted & proper order will be restored. Knowing Tooves he will be happy to work with the new coach when Trent leaves. This way everyone wins except Barrett.

What a joke... Penn’s should have shown Barrett the door weeks ago if they are serious about getting the club back on the right path. Instead we have the debacle of the past few weeks and our future (supposedly) in the hands of a coach who was punted by the Titans years ago. Every single news article about the joint is negative and you don’t need to be Einstein to see how the years of bad press is damaging the club. If Penn really wanted to be seen as doing what is necessary for our future, he’d have been ruthless in his pursuit of a professional coach with a track record to show his intent. In other words, whatever it takes to get the right man.. like other clubs do. And as far as Barrett goes, fark him off... pay him out and close the door behind him so we can move on... it happens all the time in the NRL, part and parcel of the business. If he can’t afford to pay out six months of a rookie coach’s salary as a way of moving forward and re-establishing some stability in the joint, then he has no place owning an NRL club. The whole Barrett is sticking it to the man line of thinking, might contain a modicum of credibility if the coach hadn’t of bumbled his way through the last three seasons and been for the most part, a complete amateur . His list of failings reads like a Shakespearean tragedy... it’s like asking for security to be installed once everything inside the house has already been stolen. And as far as standing up to the owners is concerned... Des did that already when they tried to put KPI’s in his contract amongst other things... Des also had a four premierships as a player and coach behind him and we all know what happened with Toovey. Why they haven’t punted the Illawarra junior who never won a premiership already is mystifying.

I've always supported Barrett but i reckon he is a piece of **** now

If you quit and want to walk away, then go. You cant be expected to be paid for next year when you have decided to leave, especially after what he produced this year. He is tarnishing the club and holding them for ransom. Just move on mate so we can look to the future.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8