Barret staying until July 19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Play half a year with Barrett then Cartwright takes over?

I think both can be good coaches but to me next year is a write off if this is the case. What club goes into a new season with a head coach for only half of it?

It’s hilariously embarrassing. Remember when we used to be a powerhouse?

Why not ...... it is a players and coach US V's THEM scenario worthy of a Hollywood blockbuster .....

we know at least DCE, Turbo 1 &2, Api, Thommo, Walker, Kelly and others are fans of Barrett and those that may not be are professional enough to get on with it .....

Haha, I know a stirrer when I see one. It will set off a few though...

There is a guy on Foxsports now. My read is that Lyall is just sprouting the company line. The reporter has just been fed pre-prepared sh*t and run with it (it is the off-season!). What else is Gorman expected to say to reporters?????? It seems there are things still in play that we don't know about yet.

With all these tweets and reports today(obviously leaked/planted) there is a bit of gamesmanship or brinkmanship going on as @The Wheel said.
Not sure what to make of it tbh.
Either the club has upped the ante to call Barrett's bluff before Nov 1st knowing he has another gig so we can sign/announce a new coach, or we really haven't signed anyone and are resigned to the fact that we will not pay him out and make him stay till his resignation ends.

What organisation would force the employee to stay on in this situation ?

The fact is that it will only cause more disruption and chaos with the employee (Barrett) making it very clear he doesn't want to be there !
Imagine the lack of productivity and motivation in the place. How can someone knowing he will not be there in July put in 100%. As a head coach you need to plan the season ahead, training programs. look at recruitment and areas you need improving. FFS pre-season starts in a months time. This should of been sorted out as soon as the season was finished.

I have always tried to believe that the Penn's were smart operators and had the Clubs and supporters best interest at heart. Unfortunately recent events and today's news about Barrett staying on makes me believe that we have all been conned and to be frank I am totally embarrassed at what we once the powerhouse of the League have become !

The Penns should also hire Michael Chieka to coach us as well and put us all out of our misery

Dont laugh, just last night i heard Braith Anasta (the fountain of knowledge that he is) saying what a great coach Chieka is.

Last edited:
So your saying Penn is related to Zorba?

Now in terms of getting caught up with winning micro personal battles, totally getting tunnel vision and loosing track of the bigger picture.

Do we have a match?

Penn just can't get anything done. Can't even piss off a crap coach effortlessly.

No words

Just disappointment in people I have zero belief in anyway

There's a special place in the 9th circle of hell for our owners and it's deep in Satan's rectal cavity in ironic justice as they spend their lives in their own rectal cavities, hopefully 100000 years of curries and chili based meals are in order as to make it the most vile habitat possible for true atonement

So leaking before the "big announcement" meeting. Good luck Lyall if all you have is Api,Siro,(which we already knew) and a few nevilles signing you have nothing that an email couldn't do. I guess he will trot out "plans" for centre of excellence and Brookie upgrade but excuse me if I contain my excitement until the first dirt is turned on either project.
How many peeps are travelling from afar for this charade ? I hope he has a smoking gun for the fans.

No words

Just disappointment in people I have zero belief in anyway

There's a special place in the 9th circle of hell for our owners and it's deep in Satan's rectal cavity in ironic justice as they spend their lives in their own rectal cavities, hopefully 100000 years of curries and chili based meals are in order as to make it the most vile habitat possible for true atonement
Wo.... next level @:eek:

Club statement.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/03/club-statement-on-trent-barrett/

The Club wishes to advise that earlier reports today in relation to its Head Coach Trent Barrett are factually incorrect.

The Club continues to work with Trent on an ongoing basis to ensure the best possible continuity of business for its football department, its playing group and the Club overall.

Last edited:
Statement from the Club:

The Club wishes to advise that earlier reports today in relation to its Head Coach Trent Barrett are factually incorrect.

The Club continues to work with Trent on an ongoing basis to ensure the best possible continuity of business for its football department, its playing group and the Club overall.

Just like Des was going to work out that year as well....some people do love a panic

It's not panic it is about professionalism while we carry on with this "game" prospective coaches and players are being singed by other clubs leaving us with the left overs. This is not how a professional club should be acting we look like amateurs because we are acting like it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8