Bani to Extend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
By Brent Read and Margie McDonald
April 18, 2008 MANLY are close to retaining exciting winger Michael Bani but their pursuit of Anthony Tupou continues to frustrate, with the Sydney Roosters forward no closer to deciding his future.

The Sea Eagles recently opened talks with Bani, the Thursday Islander who made his debut last year and emerged as one of the finds of the season.

His form has shown no signs of tapering in 2008, having scored four tries in five appearances.

"He's a player that appeals on so many levels," Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said.

"The players love having him around. He's a character. We have spent a lot of time and reserves developing him."

The Sea Eagles remain candidates to secure Tupou next year, although the longer talks drag on the more likely it is he will stay at the Roosters.

"At this stage we still don't know what's going on," Mayer said.

"The longer we wait, it puts our other negotiations with exciting players on hold."

Cronulla are unlikely to pursue Tupou despite losing second rower Lance Thompson after this weekend's round to a chronic knee injury.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23557882-23214,00.html

the Tupou deal smells very much like the Todd Carney play, keep it in the media and waiting, waiting and presto another 80 grand from Uncle Nick at Roosters and thanks Manly!! Newspaper comment " I was very close to signing with Manly, hasler very professional blah, blah blah but really it was

Thanks Manly, you are such a great pawn in getting me more dough, chat to you again in 3 years lol ;) :D

And that would be fine by me.

The roorters would have to stretch themselves and unless we see 2poo as some sort of transformational 5/8 god, then we are better off searching for a cheaper option elsewhere.

As I have said before Mayer is a tosser,he can't nail any deal with a top liner.We are reaping the benefits of his skills at the moment.The truth is if we are on a big slide and as a fan I can only hope that we keep getting our asses smacked so we confront the truth.For the people who think I'm being to harsh I feel the same about Cleal for all the wraps he has on him look at our non existant talent in the halves,not to mention other positions.He has been here long enough for us to expect better results at least in our younger teams.I'm frankly sick and tired of the garbage served up by this club,look back at last year we started like a bushfire then by mid season we fell in a hole,we lucked out in the finals the rabbits a brookie,very poor standard game against poor team,then against the cowboys who had all their forwards out injured and we needed a concussed monaghan to get us out of trouble,then we put in the worse performance ever seen in a grand final.Now this year the same rubbish

You're right MNF, we are so bad, I must have been dreaming I was at the grand final last year watching Manly play.
I'd much rather have those big name signings like Asotasi and Kidwell and Wing and be in the bunnies position, rather than where we are.
Life just isn't fair sometimes...
I think I'll go hang myself...

Anyway - Farking great news about Bani, he is only going to get a better. A Star of now & the future!!

MNF link said:
As I have said before Mayer is a tosser,he can't nail any deal with a top liner.We are reaping the benefits of his skills at the moment.The truth is if we are on a big slide and as a fan I can only hope that we keep getting our asses smacked so we confront the truth.For the people who think I'm being to harsh I feel the same about Cleal for all the wraps he has on him look at our non existant talent in the halves,not to mention other positions.He has been here long enough for us to expect better results at least in our younger teams.I'm frankly sick and tired of the garbage served up by this club,look back at last year we started like a bushfire then by mid season we fell in a hole,we lucked out in the finals the rabbits a brookie,very poor standard game against poor team,then against the cowboys who had all their forwards out injured and we needed a concussed monaghan to get us out of trouble,then we put in the worse performance ever seen in a grand final.Now this year the same rubbish

where the **** have you been you tosser, weve missed your putting **** on our club, hang why don't you just piss off back to your Roosters forum and leave this place for the true supporters

I dont mind contructive critisism, and we all have good banter and differing opinions are great.

However MNF you need to pull your head in or go elsewhere. Berkeley Eagle contributes more to this site than you ever will.

I hope his injury is easily fixed. He is my, and possibly everyone's, find of the season. He has my absolute best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2