Ballin to be announced a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a real sad day but glad Matty was picked up by another club like the tigpies. Thanks Matty for all your loyal services you will not be forgotten by the faithful :)

I had a nice argument with a couple of Tigers fans on FB yesterday. I was accused of being on drugs when I suggested Matty would be an upgrade on Robbie Farah lol

My points were:
* Both are tackling machines, though Matty does 40+ per game more consistently.
* Farah has a better running game, but Matty gives more mistake free service out of dummy half.
* Unlike Farah, Matty will actually let the halves do their jobs and won't try and take over the running of the team.
* Coming from Manly, Matty brings a winning attitude while Farah has been part of a losing Tigers and NSW culture for the past 10 years.

I'm not saying that he'll lead the Tigers to glory, but I swear, some Tigers fans don't know the class they're getting in Matt Ballin.

A lovely man to talk to and one of our most sucessful hookers in 70 years.

Anytime you want a beer ( or a spotter) just nod and its yours champion.

Interesting to note that from these reports that Barrett has a say in recruitment/retention. A role that was taken away from Toovey earlier this season.

Last edited:
SCHOONER THE BETTER FOR BALLIN TO FLY

MATT Ballin has landed a new sponsorship and marketing deal just two weeks after his arrival at the Wests Tigers.

The former Sea Eagles star has been appointed as an ambassador for the launch of the Carlton Draught Aussie Pub Tour in March next year, which coincides with the opening round of the NRL season.

The Pub Tour will take more than 100 winners to five cities over seven days to experience all the great things we love about our pubs.

Ballin went to Bankstown Airport on Friday as an honorary pilot for the tour.

For more information about the tour, visit www.carltondraught.com.

When I think of guys that sit in pubs drinking schooners, Matt Ballin wouldn't come to mind in a million years. Seems an odd ambassadorial role for him and seemingly at odds with his lifestyle. Obviously they have had to scramble for some TPA's to get him locked in and this was all that was available

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6