Ballin to be announced a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it's a shame that he was offered a two year contract because the poor guy thought he had his future settled only for the rug to be pulled out from underneath him...but unfortunately when a new coach comes on board, they tend to have different ideas about the direction of the roster, and I think Barrett has done the right thing identifying the 9 as a real problem.

Well done on the positive press release. A big improvement on the vacuum of communication/negativity which we have become accustomed to receiving with these changes.

Hopefully this is a sign of a lift in communication standards.

Well done on the press release. A big improvement on the vacuum of communication/negativity which we have become accustomed to receiving with these changes.

Hopefully this is a sign of a lift in communication standards.
Two days in and the only post is the shafting of a Fan fave, whose last act was to re-sign to help the Manly Franchise :swear:

The months' of signings are still not communicated to the Members - bizarre CRM :wondering:

Probably 80-100% of it.

Refreshing to hear an official (from anywhere) refer to Manly-Warringah (sans Sea Eagles admittedly) by its proper name. Not the lazy old Manly or Manly Sea Eagles crap.

It's pretty good timing for us. Ballin was never going to fit the way Barrett wants to use the hooking role in our squad... and luckily for us Taylor needs a FG ready hooker quickly so he can throw Farah under a bus.

Kapow for Ballin is definitely a good trade for us after we signed two very capable young, fast hookers.

Mr Ballin, I consider a true gentleman of the highest character. A real champion.

I'm glad I got to shake his hand in new Zealand. As he was walking up the tunnel I just said 'Well done Matt' and he shot his had out to shake mine ( I didn't even had my hand out) - maybe because I am an old fart he did this...I dunno. To be fair....so did James Hasson.

But when it was all doom and gloom on here...I remember how happy we were when he re-signed. He gave a sense of stability in troubled times. Although it didn't work out in the end for us and him...I wish Matt nothing but the best and hope he can return to the team in some capacity in the future.

Thanks Matt, I'll never forget how amazing you were for us.

More class from Matty - a true gentleman of League
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Matt Ballin called Robbie Farah to clear the air before his Wests Tigers deal was announced
November 4, 2015 10:00pm
DAVID RICCIOThe Daily Telegraph
origin:video_integrator.9kMjdreDrzei0n1mVQrKNsrno8nVQLUk

WHILE the rest of the country were busy dialling in bets on the Melbourne Cup, Matt Ballin felt it more important to phone someone other than his favourite bookie.

Indicating that perhaps the Cup may not be the race that stops the nation, Ballin missed Tuesday’s drama in order to make the awkward, but icebreaking, call to the man he could potentially replace as the Wests Tigers hooker next year, Robbie Farah.

Ballin has revealed how his own shock and disappointment of being shown the door after 11 years at the Sea Eagles led to him calling Farah before the Tigers announced that he had agreed to a two-year deal from 2016 on Tuesday afternoon.

“I would’ve liked to have talked to him (Farah) a lot earlier, but it just wasn’t possible,’’ Ballin said. “So I called him before the Tigers announced (on Tuesday). We had a really good chat.

“I just thought he deserved the respect from me to call him and, I guess, let him say what he needed to say to me and so then we could talk about the situation.

“It didn't make it any easier for him, but I’ve been through the same thing over here (Manly) and I just said, ‘I know how you feel’.

story-fni0cx12-1227596519110

“He was really good and he said he knew it was nothing personal or my fault, it’s just the way footy is these days. He said that he only has respect for me as well, so I thought it was a really good conversation. I needed to have it.

“He’s a State of Origin hooker and a very skilful, knowledgeable player and a leader of the Tigers so I plan to learn off him and work with him in whatever capacity that is. I think we can do some good things together.’’

4328b7a97ce4c33197df916bcaeace19

Ballin with wife Shannan and children Fletcher (6), Murphy (5) and Mackenzie (3).
THE DECISION

Ballin arrived at Brookvale in 2004, recruited as a 20-year-old from the Broncos. He won titles in 2008 and 2011 and has played 217 first-grade games.

And when the 31-year-old inked a new deal with Manly until 2017 in April this year, his dream of finishing his career at the club was complete.

Or so he thought.

“At the start of this year I signed a two-year contract extension and at the time I thought it was the best thing ever,’’ he said.

“Even though the goal was to play for Manly and they’ve been good to me, it just wasn’t to be. Now I’m moving to the Tigers which I’m really excited about, they’re a young and up-and-coming team with a lot of potential.

“It’s become quite an emotional experience, just saying goodbye to people involved with the club ... it’s hard. I really enjoyed my time at the club, but it wasn’t just possible to stay there so I had to look elsewhere.’’

THE COACHES

Prior to severing ties with Manly, Ballin spoke a final time to rookie Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett.

Ballin wanted to make certain the whispers of him being unwanted were true. He then spoke to Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor. The conversations were vastly different.

“I had heard from a lot of different people that I wasn’t wanted so I just wanted to hear from him (Barrett),’’ Ballin said.

“He was very genuine and honest and told me the club was moving in a different direction and gave me the reasons why. We both listened to each other so there’s definitely no bad blood there.

“I then spoke to Jason Taylor and it was like chalk and cheese. It was a ‘no’ from one coach and a ‘yes’ from another. He (Taylor) went into detail and was really impressive in defining what he thought I could offer the club.

“That really impressed me when I put him on the spot to ask, ‘Why do you want me?’ Without hesitation he rattled off a few skills and strengths he thought I could help the team with.’’

Ballin’s recovery from knee surgery is progressing on schedule. He plans to start running in the next fortnight with the desire to be fit for the Tigers’ opening match of the season.

“It could take a bit longer, but I’m really hoping to be back for round one,’’ he said.

^ Perfect example of how to leave a club, even when that club has stuffed you around. Wish him all the best and hope he's back at Manly in some capacity one day.

A perfect example of why the NRL is ****ed.

Players like Ballin who have been with the one club for 11 years should be xcempt from the salary cap so that they can stay and retire as a one club player.

A bit of loyalty in the NRL would make it a better game and encourage more supporters instead of just being treated as another commodity to be used and thrown away

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matt-ballin-called-robbie-farah-to-clear-the-air-before-his-wests-tigers-deal-was-announced/story-fnp0lyn3-1227596519110?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Matt Ballin called Robbie Farah to clear the air before his Wests Tigers deal was announced

WHILE the rest of the country were busy dialling in bets on the Melbourne Cup, Matt Ballin felt it more important to phone someone other than his favourite bookie.

Indicating that perhaps the Cup may not be the race that stops the nation, Ballin missed Tuesday’s drama in order to make the awkward, but icebreaking, call to the man he could potentially replace as the Wests Tigers hooker next year, Robbie Farah.

Ballin has revealed how his own shock and disappointment of being shown the door after 11 years at the Sea Eagles led to him calling Farah before the Tigers announced that he had agreed to a two-year deal from 2016 on Tuesday afternoon.

“I would’ve liked to have talked to him (Farah) a lot earlier, but it just wasn’t possible,’’ Ballin said. “So I called him before the Tigers announced (on Tuesday). We had a really good chat.

“I just thought he deserved the respect from me to call him and, I guess, let him say what he needed to say to me and so then we could talk about the situation.

“It didn't make it any easier for him, but I’ve been through the same thing over here (Manly) and I just said, ‘I know how you feel’.

“He was really good and he said he knew it was nothing personal or my fault, it’s just the way footy is these days. He said that he only has respect for me as well, so I thought it was a really good conversation. I needed to have it.

“He’s a State of Origin hooker and a very skilful, knowledgeable player and a leader of the Tigers so I plan to learn off him and work with him in whatever capacity that is. I think we can do some good things together.’’

Ballin with wife Shannan and children Fletcher (6), Murphy (5) and Mackenzie (3).
THE DECISION

Ballin arrived at Brookvale in 2004, recruited as a 20-year-old from the Broncos. He won titles in 2008 and 2011 and has played 217 first-grade games.

And when the 31-year-old inked a new deal with Manly until 2017 in April this year, his dream of finishing his career at the club was complete.

Or so he thought.

“At the start of this year I signed a two-year contract extension and at the time I thought it was the best thing ever,’’ he said.

“Even though the goal was to play for Manly and they’ve been good to me, it just wasn’t to be. Now I’m moving to the Tigers which I’m really excited about, they’re a young and up-and-coming team with a lot of potential.

“It’s become quite an emotional experience, just saying goodbye to people involved with the club ... it’s hard. I really enjoyed my time at the club, but it wasn’t just possible to stay there so I had to look elsewhere.’’

THE COACHES

Prior to severing ties with Manly, Ballin spoke a final time to rookie Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett.

Ballin wanted to make certain the whispers of him being unwanted were true. He then spoke to Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor. The conversations were vastly different.

“I had heard from a lot of different people that I wasn’t wanted so I just wanted to hear from him (Barrett),’’ Ballin said.

“He was very genuine and honest and told me the club was moving in a different direction and gave me the reasons why. We both listened to each other so there’s definitely no bad blood there.

“I then spoke to Jason Taylor and it was like chalk and cheese. It was a ‘no’ from one coach and a ‘yes’ from another. He (Taylor) went into detail and was really impressive in defining what he thought I could offer the club.

“That really impressed me when I put him on the spot to ask, ‘Why do you want me?’ Without hesitation he rattled off a few skills and strengths he thought I could help the team with.’’

Ballin’s recovery from knee surgery is progressing on schedule. He plans to start running in the next fortnight with the desire to be fit for the Tigers’ opening match of the season.

“It could take a bit longer, but I’m really hoping to be back for round one,’’ he said.
This article just typifies what an awesome bloke Matt Ballin is.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matt-ballin-called-robbie-farah-to-clear-the-air-before-his-wests-tigers-deal-was-announced/story-fnp0lyn3-1227596519110?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

THE DECISION

Or so he thought.

THE COACHES

I wonder if all the players have an "intranet" where they can look up each others phone extensions, like at work.

I wish we could all do something as members befitting a proper farewell for an absolute club legend. Could there be like a Gala Dinner in the off season where monies go to charity?

I'd by a ticket fo sho ! He deserves that, at a minimum. Get all the players. Partners. Some Video footage - Matty speaking, and everyone cheers the champion away.

Should I write the club guys?

Well he has played more than 200 first grade matches, which automatically qualifies him for life membership of the MWDRLFC. So expect to see something happen in this off-season or the next.

Very sad for Matt-he loves Manly. I gotta say I am impressed with Barrett's response though. No nonsense, honest and transparent. You can bag Taylor all you want, but he did the same for Robbie. Big difference between Robbie and Matt's responses though. That place will be toxic over there for sure. Good luck Matt

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4