Ballin to be announced a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sometimes you gotta rip the band aid off fast. Stings a little for a while then it heals up and it's like it never happened...
And usually any scabby bits are gone too, unfortunately zorba scab is still hanging on like the pustial filth that he is.

Here are the manly-balmains:

1. Shannon Nevin
2. Craig Hancock
3. Russell Gartner
4. Sean Meaney
5. John Hopoate
7. Steve Martin
9. Matt Ballin
11. Sam Harris
Coach: Frank Stanton / Steve Martin

Help me out here!
Simon Booth went over to Tigers 83-84 when Stanton was coaching there.

Great human being, great player and forever a Manly legend!!! Best of luck to Matt on the future.

You will be remembered as a Manly premiership winner, club legend, and one of the most pleasant blokes I have ever met that wore the Manly colours.

Enjoy your time at the tigs and stay healthy. Thanks for the memories.

If this is true.......speechless. We could have played him in back row just for his defense .
His injury towards the end of 2014 and this year cost us dearly,whenever he's off the field we leak points.Better get out the tackle bags Barrett someone needs to fill this massive whole.
Kapow not much chop in this area.
Have to find a new favourite now

Matt is one of the really nice guys of league. Will miss him at Manly, always had time for a chat whenever you saw him. Wish him all the best at the Tigers and hopefully he will be back with us in some way when he retires. Sad really, but guess it is a business these days.

If this is true.......speechless. We could have played him in back row just for his defense .
His injury towards the end of 2014 and this year cost us dearly,whenever he's off the field we leak points.Better get out the tackle bags Barrett someone needs to fill this massive whole.
Kapow not much chop in this area.
Have to find a new favourite now

Other than his defence, Matty would have been wasted in the back row. No go-forward.

Great career here-but it's the correct call. I really think he should have gone to England or retired. Has become one dimensional. Good luck champ, hope you prove them wrong.

To renew his contract and then in a matter of months ditch him is disgraceful treatment. A genuine nice guy who always had time for everyone and he of all players did not deserve to leave like this.
As well as his unwavering defence, I'll really miss him coming around Brookie and hi-5ing us after every win! He was usually the last player, sometimes the only one, but he always came round the fence. Good luck Matty!

Meanwhile, all is roses @ training...
looks like he is about to pop a vein

cc1b3435bbd716fc853d86f5d182d773

Last edited:
Anyone else think his form slumped s bit when he ditched the headgear?
Anyone know why he ditched the headgear?

Will miss Matty enormously. Great player - game after game after game of consistent high standard - and an even better bloke.

Just saw Matt at a parking meter in Nth Sydney. Stopped and said Hi and thanked him for everything he has given Manly over the years & told him he is champion. He looked geniunely appreciative and shook my hand, such a down to earth bloke. Didn't push on the Tigers move etc as not the way I wanted the chat to go. We tried to work out the parking meter for 30 seconds (he was struggling) then I left. Such a good bloke...glad I got to say to his face.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6