Bah bah sacked and De Belin charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Under the ARLC's old policy, players who pleaded not guilty to alleged offences were allowed to continue playing while the matters were dealt with in court.

Unless your name starts with a B, and ends with a Stewart, of course.

So the rule has been enacted and De Bellin, May and Walker banned.

I’m guessing Des can no longer pick Walker today.

And even if JDB is successful none of those players could play this week.

So the NRL can change there policy as they go
A policy they change as a reaction of something happening they deem not acceptable
No wonder contracts or policy’s don’t mean too much these days when you can change or break them when ever it suits
If my work place tried to change my contract or there policy’s midway through my term I would contest as well

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/ben-ba...d-police/d7ab59df-e908-4ce3-9afa-90fa558d4104

Not a nice fella by all reports but its funny how the interview goes quiet as he says you've been harassing my family for two days.

Fishing for a bite and they got it.

Why can't the police press charges for assault/DV if there is CCTV evidence of him throwing rocks at his missus, instead of just 'public nuisance'?

They're pressing charges against Walker despite his missus retracting her statement?

Why can't the police press charges for assault/DV if there is CCTV evidence of him throwing rocks at his missus, instead of just 'public nuisance'?

They're pressing charges against Walker despite his missus retracting her statement?
Retracted - initially claimed assault :wait:

He's moved into his parents housing commission house, so being the good people we are, we're paying for his housing @:rolleyes:
Barba was on 600k+ for a long time.

If it's true that he never secured a house for his 4 kids, then just - Wow :banghead:

Beaver used to run some financial management course for the players.
RLPA and NRL need to address this problem as players seem to ingest or gamble away their huge wages :confused:

NRL can easily supply a list of Sponsors who would pull their monies.
No Company wants their brand being associated with anti social behaviour

I’m no lawyer but does this new law have far reaching effects in the industrial court. I can’t see how this would not be an “Unlawful workplace discrimination” that could be played out at anybody’s workplace, if they can prove that their image, reputation, brand etc has been tarnished due to someone on staff being charged.
I also wonder how hard would this be to set someone up on the say so of little evidence and a teary victim. In the de Belin case I hope they absolutely throw the book at him if he is found guilty. But what if he’s not. As far as I know Tyrone May wasn’t there filming so the league has stood him down on the say so of 1 person.

Barba was on 600k+ for a long time.

If it's true that he never secured a house for his 4 kids, then just - Wow :banghead:

Beaver used to run some financial management course for the players.
RLPA and NRL need to address this problem as players seem to ingest or gamble away their huge wages :confused:

He has gambling and white powder addictions $600,000.00 can go pretty easily in such circumstances ... dumb arse ( him not you Happily)

I’m no lawyer but does this new law have far reaching effects in the industrial court. I can’t see how this would not be an “Unlawful workplace discrimination” that could be played out at anybody’s workplace, if they can prove that their image, reputation, brand etc has been tarnished due to someone on staff being charged.
I also wonder how hard would this be to set someone up on the say so of little evidence and a teary victim. In the de Belin case I hope they absolutely throw the book at him if he is found guilty. But what if he’s not. As far as I know Tyrone May wasn’t there filming so the league has stood him down on the say so of 1 person.
I posted the standard NRL contract a few pages back in the DeBellin .
https://silvertails.net/threads/debellin-to-appeal.56366/page-8

The Code if Conduct Clause is all encompassing and allows for ammendments to it by the NRL.

Once the player signs it he needs to abide by it.

Last edited:
So you aren’t Peter Beattie? He’s a lawyer.

I wonder if the stand-downs could be seen as prejudicial because it is pre-trial and a jury might think the person is guilty because they have been stood down.

I think neither. He would’ve been strongly advised by his legal representatives to not do anything that could be construed in any way as knowledge/admission of guilt, and agreeing to stand down would be seen as such, especially by the media and general public.

And I don’t doubt it would’ve also been mentioned that if the NRL stand him down and he’s later found not guilty, he can potentially sue. That would be off the table if he voluntarily does it.
I was thinking this earlier...
If I was Manly (or St Merge) I would not stand down unless NRL provided indemnity against future player action

I posted the standard NRL contract a few pages back in the DeBellin .
https://silvertails.net/threads/debellin-to-appeal.56366/page-8

The Code if Conduct Clause is all encompassing and allows for ammendments to it by the NRL.

Once the player signs it he needs to abide by it.
That is a NSWRL contract not an NRL one. Probably very similar though.
The fact the contract says you have to abide by conditions that can be changed at any time doesn't necessarily make that enforceable, I suspect.

That is a NSWRL contract not an NRL one. Probably very similar though.
The fact the contract says you have to abide by conditions that can be changed at any time doesn't necessarily make that enforceable, I suspect.
The NRL just register contracts.

It's enforceable as both parties agree to the terms - till someone challenges it in Court and wins.

Yeah what I meant was I'm not sure that such a condition is legally enforceable, it may fail due to uncertainty. Kind of, 'I'll agree to whatever you say', I don't think you can contract away all your rights like that. Just a guess on my part.

Yeah what I meant was I'm not sure that such a condition is legally enforceable, it may fail due to uncertainty. Kind of, 'I'll agree to whatever you say', I don't think you can contract away all your rights like that. Just a guess on my part.
Whoever has the most money can sustain a legal challenge to any contract.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8