Austin Dias signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
damn! you beat me to it .... actually the front seats in them were great ... I hit the wreckers a few times and planted some in a few old holdens and falcons over the years.
I had a few land crabs back in the day, some good some bad but when they were going they were great family cars, trouble was you spent more time under the bonnet than behind the wheel 🙂

Maybe Trojan - until we see him play. Expect the unexpected.
Yep , lots of knockers but I remember the same comments about a few players back in 2006-7.

Ben Kennedy “ what the **** are we signing that broken down hack for “.

Michael Robertson “ can’t get a crack at the Raiders so we sign this loser , **** me dead where does the club think we are going “.

Shane Rodney “ so we get Penrith discards now , bugger me we are scrapping the barrel there aren’t we “.

And remember when we signed Joey G from South’s “ so we sign aged , chronically injured , retiree’s now do we “.

And many more.

Need I remind you all bar BK were Grand Final winners.

By the way comments may not have been exactly right but Silvertails is notorious for bagging the **** out of almost every signing since Jamie Lyon, and every player up to Brent Kite.

Last edited:
Yep , lots of knockers but I remember the same comments about a few players back in 2006-7.

Ben Kennedy “ what the **** are we signing that broken down hack for “.

Michael Robertson “ can’t get a crack at the Raiders so we sign this loser , **** me dead where does the club think we are going “.

Shane Rodney “ so we get Penrith discards now , bugger me we are scrapping the barrel there aren’t we “.

And remember when we signed Joey G from South’s “ so we sign aged , chronically injured , retiree’s now do we “.

And many more.

Need I remind you all bar BK were Grand Final winners.
Sorry, just to clarify - I wasn't knocking him. I have no idea how he's going to go and can't even say I've seen him play.

...tbf Mark... you cant be overly critical of Silvertails as Killer WAS our last great good signing @:D
Yes I agree he was possibly the greatest signing ever , nevertheless it pisses me off that the expectation is that every single signing we make has to be that good !!

We sadly don’t have Nick Politis as an owner.

Sorta wish we did , but beggars can’t be choosers.

Yes I agree he was possibly the greatest signing ever , nevertheless it pisses me off that the expectation is that every single signing we make has to be that good !!

We sadly don’t have Nick Politis as an owner.

Sorta wish we did , but beggars can’t be choosers.
At some point we went from beggars to tip rats...

Honestly Marty is the only signing I can remember in forever that I actually got excited about - I did have high hopes for Bullemor tho and have not given up on him completely...

At some point we went from beggars to tip rats...

Honestly Marty is the only signing I can remember in forever that I actually got excited about - I did have high hopes for Bullemor tho and have not given up on him completely...

I agree @frank stokes I think Bullemore could be something pretty special for us. Either it will happen this season, as a middle and with some fresh coaching, or not at all.

Animated GIF
do i make you horny austin powers GIF

I agree @frank stokes I think Bullemore could be something pretty special for us. Either it will happen this season, as a middle and with some fresh coaching, or not at all.
I remember watching Bullemore's highlight reels before he joined us, thinking this guy is unstoppable from 20m out. Until I realised the highlights were from the Bris cup comp. Well, it's the same thing here with Dias, highlights from the NSW cup. Would love to be proved wrong though.

We did attract Nate Myles, although he was retired at that point, and we managed to get the Burgess equivalent of Burbo....
Manly's worst ever mid range buy at 500k, he was only signed to make DCE happy, part of the sweetner deal...and fellow Qld'er and all.

nevertheless it pisses me off that the expectation is that every single signing we make has to be that good !!

That is not the expectation at all the expectation is we sign 1 decent signing you know a player another club would be interested in I don't think that's asking to much as a supporter.

I'm sick of every signing being described as a "depth" signing that is all we do we lose players every season and replace them with "depth" signings and people wonder why our team is crap.

We have gone past the tipping point we have to many "depth" players and not enough first graders.

Clubs are in the business of selling hope to their fans and looking at our squad at the moment (unless Seibold has a surprise) it is hard to get enthusiastic about it.

That is not the expectation at all the expectation is we sign 1 decent signing you know a player another club would be interested in I don't think that's asking to much as a supporter.

I'm sick of every signing being described as a "depth" signing that is all we do we lose players every season and replace them with "depth" signings and people wonder why our team is crap.

We have gone past the tipping point we have to many "depth" players and not enough first graders.

Clubs are in the business of selling hope to their fans and looking at our squad at the moment (unless Seibold has a surprise) it is hard to get enthusiastic about it.

THANK YOU !!!

1666162179973.png

Am I asking too much given caps gone up $400k, on top of losing Taupau $800k, Foz $400k, Davey $200k, Taufua $200k, S. Fainu $100k (top 30 league min.), Walker $400k, that we use that circa $2.5M - $3M (I've probably understated most there) to attain at least one quality player (that fills a damned gap?), rather than back-filling Blacktown?

Seems everyone here is against that, for some reason?

Am I asking too much given caps gone up $400k, on top of losing Taupau $800k, Foz $400k, Davey $200k, Taufua $200k, S. Fainu $100k (top 30 league min.), Walker $400k, that we use that circa $2.5M - $3M (I've probably understated most there) to attain at least one quality player (that fills a damned gap?), rather than back-filling Blacktown?

Seems everyone here is against that, for some reason?
I certainly wouldn't say I'm against it. You just have to have someone willing to say yes. And it's a mystery who has been approached and by whom and whether they were told to bugger off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8