Ashes First Test Day 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

earl

Bencher
Well ,
I may have egg on my face as Langer has started with a flurry.
23 rns off 16 balls at the moment.

Harmisons first ball of the day went wide and was taken by 1st slip. :doh: :doh:

He has started well although not convincing as a lot of his runs went off the edge between 3rd slip and gully

Still its a good start, hope he proves his selection over Jaques right

50 up without loss.

Langer still mi****ting a bit but hasnt given any real chances

Hayden out for 21, 1/79

50 partnership between langer and Ponting

aussies 1/135, Langer 81, Ponting 23

Poms bowlings has been woeful

Langer out of 82, Flintoff again with the break through, only bowler going well (and in my sportal team too :) )

Aussies 2/141

Marto out for 29. They're all getting starts.
I may be a bit premeture here but i think we will smash them this test.
Damn those blokes who have tickets for today. It would be a sensational day of cricket to watch.

punta clocked up his half century and Mr cricket is just getting started

3/209

I think my sportal score is over 100 already so going ok so far

end of the first day.
ponting= 137 n.o
Hussey=63 n.o

Excellent day of cricket for the Australian team, even though I had to follow much of it on the net from work. :doh:
Punter comes to the party as per usual with a superb knock of 137 n.o well supported by Mr Cricket 63n.o.
Also :blush: well done to Langer for giving an awesome start to our 1st innings.
I still stick by that Pup should replace Martyn (although I didnt see his innings) but only made 29 on what looks to be a screamer of a pitch.
Earltown sportal team= 264(if i calculated correctly)

AUS 3/ 346 (90.0 overs)
AUS Run Rate 3.80

I suppose the run rate could have been a little better , but we've set a great platform for tomorrow .

good thing about working where I do - plenty of tv's- found plenty to do inside today. A good day from the Aussies.

Looking forward to being at the ground to see ponting get a double and hussey and gilchrist tons!

good thing about working where I do - plenty of tv's- found plenty to do inside today. A good day from the Aussies.

Looking forward to being at the ground to see ponting get a double and hussey and gilchrist tons!
Wouldnt that be sweet.
Ive got tomorrow off so will be able to watch it.

I think Langer realised he would have to pick up his strike rate to keep Jaques out, grinding out a score isn't going to do it anymore, it was good to watch.

Martyn looked ok, he got out to a ball with a bit of unexpected extra bounce, Hayden got out to a great ball but he never really got going, with Langer swinging he didn't have to.

Warnie is going to have a field day on this pitch, plenty of bounce and turn already.

Looks bad for Ingerland.

earl your a little behind me, my day 1 score is 367, although it could drop to 343 due to run rate bonus

I suppose the run rate could have been a little better , but we've set a great platform for tomorrow .

Run rate a bit better! It was nearly 4 an over!!

350 on the first day of a test is fantastic no matter which way you look at it, and 3.8 is an excellent Test run-rate.

Langer was streaky, but his score was well-deserved.

Martyn looked like he was on his way to a 100, and it was poor to get out like he did - although there was a bit of surprise bounce which didn't treat him well.

Punter was brilliant. Played some superb shots and played a great knock - Hussey was quality as well, rotating the strike and firing when the situation arose.

On the flip-side, I have to give credit for Flintoff - he was awesome. 2 wickets, economical, looked the bowler most likely the entire day and although his captaincy was poor, he looks set for a huge series - even if his teammates don't look like they're that keen on helping him.

I know im a bit tough Willystyles. In any case nearly 4-an over is great, its just the aussies have had it higher before , but still fantastic start.
I have alot of respect for Freddie and if he wasnt there yesterday the Poms would really be in ****. One thing , Is Freddie a good captain???Will the pressure hamper his performance.? I hope not..

well a steady start to the morning, 3/389 at drinks, punta passing the 150 and hussey closing in on his ton

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2