Are we going to name a team/squad?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee we are a lazy unprofessional club who give no care to their fans. **** me how hard is it in 2019 to name a squad for a trial? not to hard for the other 15 teams but to hard for us. It just shows a lack of respect and engagement with the fans, we have waited all off season starving for footy and they can't be bothered. Under the radar doesn't cut it we should be desperate for fans and the best way to engage with fans is to create some buzz around the team but we seem trapped in the 1970's with our thinking.

Why all the carry-on about not naming a "team" for the trial?

There is no "team"...it's a trial. Every guy in our well-known squad will get a run.

It is not a "real" game where 17 guys face off against eachother.

What is the use of naming 17 players and then giving 31 guys a run?
100% spot on! They could name both Turbos, DCE and Taupau and not even play them.

The club has made significant strides in fan/member engagement over the past few months. I can’t see how not naming a squad for a trial undermines the great work done.

Why all the carry-on about not naming a "team" for the trial?

There is no "team"...it's a trial. Every guy in our well-known squad will get a run.

It is not a "real" game where 17 guys face off against eachother.

What is the use of naming 17 players and then giving 31 guys a run?

Because;
a) all other teams do it for fan engagement + builds some excitement;
b) they don't need to name a team, just a squad - can either include Walker or leave him out ( i think there is zero merit in playing him with a) court hearing on Tuesday; and b) another trial to come against the Chooks;
c) to be honest I am more interested in the lineups for Jersey Flegg/ISP - we know who is in the top 28.

Intrust Super Cup team profiles are up on MWSE site now.
Suli, George, Funa and Anderson all have profiles in the Intrust section where as Garrick, Elliott, Parker, Hopoate and Kioa only have profiles in first grade. It may have to do with contracts and eligibility etc, however it may also be an indication of which way Des is leaning in regards to the backline.

Intrust Super Cup team profiles are up on MWSE site now.
Suli, George, Funa and Anderson all have profiles in the Intrust section where as Garrick, Elliott, Parker, Hopoate and Kioa only have profiles in first grade. It may have to do with contracts and eligibility etc, however it may also be an indication of which way Des is leaning in regards to the backline.

Suli, Funa. Anderson all played Intrust last year ..... Garrick, Elliott Hopoate and Kioa are all new to the Sea Eagles this year ....

Because;
a) all other teams do it for fan engagement + builds some excitement;
b) they don't need to name a team, just a squad - can either include Walker or leave him out ( i think there is zero merit in playing him with a) court hearing on Tuesday; and b) another trial to come against the Chooks;
c) to be honest I am more interested in the lineups for Jersey Flegg/ISP - we know who is in the top 28.

Seriously !!! All Manly fans should know all our 30 man NRL squad and we will field a team with most of them just like all the other NRL teams .

All those that want to as you say," build some excitement" should turn up to the game and cheer all our NRL squad as they will all turn up to the ground wether they will play or not .

Sorry feathered friend but your A , B, C, and D just does not cut it for me .

Has the team for tonight's trial actually been named yet?

The Mad Professor is back in charge isn't he @:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8