Are the Titans Gone????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone else think Carty may have known about all the hoover activity, and decided to bail?
I feel for Graham Annesley. I think he is a good administrator. But geez he's got his work cut out for him now. I don't know how the titans can dig themselves out of this mess
I live up on the gold coast and i totally agree, they need to go.

Yep have to agree. I've supported the team each and every time, and they stuffed it every time. Egotistical wankers in charge, little or no accountability from the brass. And they always have to do things differently to other clubs, even when there are plenty of successful business models to copy off, they consistently want to do some wanky Gold Coast thing. (anyone that lives here or reads the GC Bulletin will agree...they've got some dead-set trippers running (ruining) this place!)

Last edited:
i wonder what the charges are for bird and taylor, i would assume that since no one has actually been caught with drugs on them, they are pretty minor. the nrl penalities are going to have to be heavier than the courts for this to send a lesson to others.

Sad day for the Titans.
I agree, the coast needs a team but it probably needs to be administered by the NRL for a while and then handed over to an admin group at some later stage

You are kidding yourself if you think this is isolated to one or two clubs
You're spot on there. I was at a Panthers player's wedding in the nineties at the Log Cabin in Penrith. I got invited into the honeymoon suite by one of the groomsmen and when I walked into the room I saw one of the highest profile player's of the time snorting coke like there was no tomorrow. He ignored me too, behaved like a total over privileged tool and he was about as big as a player can get at that time.

And for all those on their high horses re the Coke and its a gold coast thing that is an absolute joke! I know a lot of ex NRL players including plenty of ours and a hell of a lot of them( actually a majority of them) did use coke and still do. Including some that would absolutely surprise you believe me! The whole comp is rife with it as it disappears from the system so quick.These guys crime was that they got caught!.

Should change your friends Susan if your hanging around with so many druggos. What a ridiculous statement to make. U know some, so the majority are doing it, the whole comp.

You'd be surprised at the participation rate. There are a lot of young cashed up lads with oodles of spare time in professional sports. This isn't a new thing.

You're spot on there. I was at a Panthers player's wedding in the nineties at the Log Cabin in Penrith. I got invited into the honeymoon suite by one of the groomsmen and when I walked into the room I saw one of the highest profile player's of the time snorting coke like there was no tomorrow. He ignored me too, behaved like a total over privileged tool and he was about as big as a player can get at that time.

So what did you get invited into the honeymoon suite for??

Why not dissolve the Titans and bring the seagulls club in as the real team from the area. They are an actual football club, not a "franchise". If it is so important to have a Gold Coast team let's have a real club. I know it's not the Qld way, they prefer to ignore real clubs and put new fake ones in the nrl, eg Broncos, Cowboys, Titans. Real clubs like most of the sydney clubs are more likely to work.

Why is the Gold Coast such a key area anyway. Has any team survived up there.
I know it is the same size as Newcastle (population wise) but does it really have the same type of person. I see it as an area of holidayers and workers who drop in and out of the area as they travel. Not real grass roots, tribal footy fans...Just a question I'm not slagging the joint!!, I just don't understand its importance to the NRL.

443350-f7d1a8f2-b1b7-11e4-8de0-9ed87417a9dc.jpg

Why is the Gold Coast such a key area anyway. Has any team survived up there.
I know it is the same size as Newcastle (population wise) but does it really have the same type of person. I see it as an area of holidayers and workers who drop in and out of the area as they travel. Not real grass roots, tribal footy fans...Just a question I'm not slagging the joint!!, I just don't understand its importance to the NRL.

I was born in Manly, but grew up in Bilambil Valley. Back in the 80's and 90's, the passion of the locals in the Group 18 comp was unmatched. Playing for the Jets I'd been spat on, punched, kicked, urintated on, had stubbies thrown at me, been held so opposition players could belt ****e out of me... All by opposition club supporters! And that's just whilst playing.. Running into players for other clubs out on the drink was ok, but their supporters were dangerous. Full stop.

So there's passion there.. At least there used to be. Applying that passion to an NRL club will always be difficult though. Back in the GC Seagulls days the locals sort of struggled to follow them, as "they" were often the "enemy". We frikken loved givin to the "professionals" and they loved looking down their noses at us "park footballers". Then there was Tommy Searle. Dodgy doesn't cover the Searle's. At all. No one trusted them (Seagulls) cos they were run by sharks, and everyone knew it. Not much has changed it would seem..

. Then there was Tommy Searle. Dodgy doesn't cover the Searle's. At all. No one trusted them (Seagulls) cos they were run by sharks, and everyone knew it. Not much has changed it would seem..

Fully agree. But he (Micheal) has a great shiit talking game, and has sucked plenty of ppl and business' dry.

Change my friends. Frogs. Get your head out of the sand mate. Snorting gear is like having a beer for young blokes these days. I spend a lot of time around footballers young and old and they are no different to society as a whole. The game is rife with it just like society is. Australia is first or second in terms of the use of cocaine and ecstasy per head of population in the world ffs. And u think blokes who generally ain't rocket scientists with oodles of time plenty of money and the need to keep their weight down are going to be different. Please!

The Titans have to shoulder a lot of the blame as well as some of the surveilance was taken by the cops on a mad monday harbour cruise.

Where was the club's minders?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6