Are the Titans Gone????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never once has the Gold Coast had owners with sufficient clout to make it work.All the original owners were an absolute joke.Searle was broke but managed to convince Gallop he was the new messiah. It would be an absolute joke if the NRL let pretty close to the best junior NRL nursery in the land without a team. People forget the Gold Coasts first 3 years when the Searle myth was still alive - they had crowds to match any team. Almost every keen league fan including myself attended most games.

It is time the NRL did something that is not just short sighted money grabbing and financially backed a team in a league heartland. Take the club over, appoint experienced managers and get rid of Searles influence forever. I am involved in league here and the town is crying out for a well run financially secure club to get behind .Build it and they will come!The AFL are willing to lose money initially in search of a long term goal. Its time the NRL F...wits did the same.

The other thing that is never mentioned is the criminal amount of money the state govt charges to lease this great stadium and the ridiculous prices of food and drink at the ground due to the ridiculous catering contracts they dish out.If the Titans go then the thing will just sit there.Another stupid short term approach by Govt.

Last edited:
I'll agree about the prices @susan $9 for fairy floss is a bit steep for a family event.
Does Searle not still own a massive % of the Titans? They will have to buy him out if they want to move on.

Is the Gold Coast even the great junior heartland they make it out to be? Is it on par with Western Sydney?

He is behind it all.Its his mates who have thrown in cash.He had to resign from being actively involved because it was simply untenable.There is barely a person on the Goldy he hasn't rorted or knows someone who has been.People simply wont support them because they know he is behind it.All this is a result of Gallop letting him have the licence when he knew they were in breach.

Pay them out,appoint sensible people and the crowds will come back.The coast loves rugby league and will support a well run team.

The nursery is huge!

Palm Beach and Keebra Park are in the top 4 schools in Aus every year. Coomera are exceptional. Tweed Heads and Burleigh are very strong in the QCup which is streets ahead of the NSW Cup in standard. Burleigh is the largest junior club in Qld,Southport and Runaway Bay are also large clubs.

He is behind it all.Its his mates who have thrown in cash.He had to resign from being actively involved because it was simply untenable.There is barely a person on the Goldy he hasn't rorted or knows someone who has been.People simply wont support them because they know he is behind it.All this is a result of Gallop letting him have the licence when he knew they were in breach.

Pay them out,appoint sensible people and the crowds will come back.The coast loves rugby league and will support a well run team.
Worryingly for Manly the more ****e the Titans get in the more the nrl need a massive signing like Dce to attract sponsor and build the franchise around. Just like all did with ablet at the sun's.

Yes 76 that was what was happening pre this drug stuff.I think DCE will have changed his plans.

And for all those on their high horses re the Coke and its a gold coast thing that is an absolute joke! I know a lot of ex NRL players including plenty of ours and a hell of a lot of them( actually a majority of them) did use coke and still do. Including some that would absolutely surprise you believe me! The whole comp is rife with it as it disappears from the system so quick.These guys crime was that they got caught!.

The NRL will get on their high horse and carry on but they,like the AFL,know exactly what is going on.Look at the faces of Channel 9 coverage in NSW and Qld - Joey Johns and Darren Lockyer, who are lauded by the NRL-- what a joke!

How many attempts do they have at the GC ?? This is the 4th Gold Coast side that looks like falling over. Why don't they give somewhere else a go, someone who will actually make it work. The GC have had their chances time to move on.

The Chargers at least were functioning like a club with a future. It was only the Super League deal to clear out the SE Qld area for the Broncos that saw them cut away. That, and the decision to remove the Western Reds for the Storm, were the worst decisions to come out of that era.

Never once has the Gold Coast had owners with sufficient clout to make it work.All the original owners were an absolute joke.Searle was broke but managed to convince Gallop he was the new messiah. It would be an absolute joke if the NRL let pretty close to the best junior NRL nursery in the land without a team. People forget the Gold Coasts first 3 years when the Searle myth was still alive - they had crowds to match any team. Almost every keen league fan including myself attended most games.

It is time the NRL did something that is not just short sighted money grabbing and financially backed a team in a league heartland. Take the club over, appoint experienced managers and get rid of Searles influence forever. I am involved in league here and the town is crying out for a well run financially secure club to get behind .Build it and they will come!The AFL are willing to lose money initially in search of a long term goal. Its time the NRL F...wits did the same.

The other thing that is never mentioned is the criminal amount of money the state govt charges to lease this great stadium and the ridiculous prices of food and drink at the ground due to the ridiculous catering contracts they dish out.If the Titans go then the thing will just sit there.Another stupid short term approach by Govt.
Ahh the junior catchment chestnut

On that basis then we should give the central coast to the bears

Juniors don't need a franchise team in the area, they do need one to notice them though

.@toddbalym reports that Kalifa Faifai Loa (current) and Joe Vickery (former) from the Titans are the latest charged in cocaine scandal #NRL

And for all those on their high horses re the Coke and its a gold coast thing that is an absolute joke! I know a lot of ex NRL players including plenty of ours and a hell of a lot of them( actually a majority of them) did use coke and still do. Including some that would absolutely surprise you believe me! The whole comp is rife with it as it disappears from the system so quick.These guys crime was that they got caught!.

Should change your friends Susan if your hanging around with so many druggos. What a ridiculous statement to make. U know some, so the majority are doing it, the whole comp.

Last edited:
They want sponsorship and so on to support the club - but legit question - what types of big business are up there? I know property development went in the tank big time due to the GFC. That showed it was just a massive bloated bubble market. Seems like it still is...

Bird and the Coke Train have joined the list of players busted.
They won't be able to field a side the way things are going.

If guilty Id say the end of Bird & Taylor's SOO careers.

This is starting to become a massive issue for the Titans.

Cracks me up that during the heat of the ASADA investigation and between June and December 2014 these guys are out buying Coke.

Should change your friends Susan if your hanging around with so many druggos. What a ridiculous statement to make. U know some, so the majority are doing it, the whole comp.

He's probably spot on ,it was like that 10 -15 years ago.
Int & SOO reps , was rife then & I don't see why it wouldn't be now..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2