Approved $ 36.1 million funding for centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As I can’t get access anymore but read a headline saying this in the daily Tele funding now approved.
Manly get $36.1 million upgrade and 3000 new seat stand with centre of excellence attached to it
Best news all week
Can someone who has access post full article please
Daily Telegraph exclusive posted about 10 minutes ago

It's the Telecrap so the next line is probably:

.... is what the Liberals will promise if they are re-elected.

They love a good click bait.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...or-lottoland/?camefrom=EMCL_2723715_127435675

Sea Eagles Centre of Excellence set for Lottoland
Fri 8 Feb 2019, 03:25 PM
The NSW Government has today announced it will make a major contribution to a new Centre of Excellence at Lottoland set to build our sports stars of tomorrow and to be the new heart of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Member for Manly James Griffin said the State Government contribution of $20 million for the Manly Sea Eagles Centre of Excellence will ensure the much-loved game of rugby league will be supported to ensure future generations of young players coming through the ranks will have the best facilities possible on the Northern Beaches.

“This is fantastic news for all who love their rugby league on the peninsula and who want to see opportunities for our young players to aspire to be part of a Centre of Excellence here on the Northern Beaches,” Mr Griffin said.

image006.jpg

“In years to come, hopefully we will also have a women’s NRL team based here on the Northern Beaches and this State Government funding will ensure our local team, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will be empowered to meet the opportunities that will come their way to build with our juniors, our future women’s team and our NRL heroes.”

The funds will ensure there are great facilities for developing high performance and training.

Member for Wakehurst, Brad Hazzard, said that the funds will ensure the Sea Eagles can develop dedicated and multipurpose community facilities which will allow the club to expand its community programs and initiatives.

“This is a win for the entire community. We all recognise what engagement in sport can do to build community. It will ensure that there is a high-performance centre for the Sea Eagles which will be at the heart of growing the sport across the community.”

Minister for Sport, Stuart Ayres said Centres of Excellence are a key part of our sport state wide sports infrastructure plan.

“The Sea Eagles Centre of Excellence will ensure the club stays close to its traditional community and rugby league remains strong on the Northern Beaches,” Mr Ayres said.

Manly Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said the announcement was great news for the Club and the local community.

img_3956.jpg

“The support of the NSW Government has been integral to this project occurring and cementing our long-term commitment to Lottoland which I know will excite our members, fans and partners at all levels,’’ Mr Gorman said.

“This is the major stepping stone to ensuring that our elite aspiring athletes, male and female and our community at large, have the best possible facilities to allow them to maximise their potential, for many years to come.

“We are both excited and delighted that our Centre of Excellence, which has been on the drawing board for many years, will now be brought to life.

“Not only will it provide access to the many talented sports people on the Northern Beaches, it will also provide the much-needed facilities through which our wide range of community and social impact programs can be run for the benefit of all young people across the Northern Beaches.”

The total cost of the Centre of Excellence is estimated at $36.1 million with the Australian Government and Sea Eagles to contribute the remaining funds.

The total cost of the Centre of Excellence is estimated at $36.1 million with the Australian Government and Sea Eagles to contribute the remaining funds.
So, the devil is in the detail. Has the Australian (I'm sure they mean Federal) Government committed any money?
Have the Sea Eagles (I'm sure they mean the Penn family) committed any money?
When will it start? When will it be finished?
If/when the Centre gets built who pays for its running?
Also, judging by the quick artist impression, there will be no stadium seating, just some rows of seats where the lower portion of the Family Hill is currently.
While I may seem to be sceptical I'd like much more details and some firm plans before I get too excited.

They are knocking down the SFS because it is unsafe, hopefully the plans for Brookie have been updated because the original plan seems to been around since the SFS opened.

Hopefully the plan also includes ripping the playing surface up and bring it up to standard.

So, the devil is in the detail. Has the Australian (I'm sure they mean Federal) Government committed any money?
Have the Sea Eagles (I'm sure they mean the Penn family) committed any money?
When will it start? When will it be finished?
If/when the Centre gets built who pays for its running?
Also, judging by the quick artist impression, there will be no stadium seating, just some rows of seats where the lower portion of the Family Hill is currently.
While I may seem to be sceptical I'd like much more details and some firm plans before I get too excited.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't someone give us a Grant sometime ago for around $20M and we were just waiting for some more funds to confirm and complete the Project. If someone with a better memory than mine and with some more knowledge can confirm that would be great !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4