[Resurrected] Api or Parcell? That is the question...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No Doubt Api has Heart and some good footy brains but I will stand by my view that he (when with us) wasn't a great passer from the ruck. The amount of times our backline stalled with high misguided passes was really frustrating. Perhaps hes got that sorted now who knows.

Might drag up a few threads from back in 2000's when im sure some on here were cursing players that went onto being legends. Slow news day i guess when you need to big yourself up on threads from 4 years ago....

I miss Parcell. Always rated him as more suited to us than Api. It was always about his potential that was exciting and he gradually got better despite being interrupted with injuries in his short time here. I don't know why but I never fully came around to Api. Parcell has done really well in Super League and I'd love him back but won't ever happen.

Looking back at the earlier comments re Parcell vs Api I still agree with most favouring Parcell. Zippy, tough, fast low-passing at times and missed 1 tackle per game compared to Api missing 4 (and made on avg 4 tackles less a game). I always felt like this was one of those hills I'd die on and not that there is any use to dying on that hill now because both are gone, but i'll happily die on this hill again :inlove:

This post from @pjayz on page 4 pretty much sums up my thoughts
"I see Parcell as a more natural hooker who's game can better suit our halves and allow them to provide the creativity. I also see him as someone with great pace who will learn how to make the most of that attribute in time."

Last edited by a moderator:
We are asking who plays HOOKER next year, not who's more aggressive. Api is a very good player although his problem is that he is slow at passing and his delivery from dummy half is poor. Parcell is good in these areas and is a brilliant support player who himself is very solid in defence, quite underrated in that aspect. Parcell is the better HOOKER so Parcell should be in that position rd 1, as with api well he is better quality than brown as a utility so I dare say we use him as our utility
Also why am I yelling? Sorry @nightster

Last edited by a moderator:
Just love Api's work ethic, toughness and leadership by actions which is what is more lacking in this squad right now.

Passing wise was never Api's strong point, but he could dart out of dummy half with the best of them when fit and confident along with playing under a coach that believes in him.

Brookie is not the best ground for fast hookers anyway, always a heavy slow slippery track at night, only Sunday afternoon games were good for fast play.

Gee Woodsie you need to take up golf or something. Dragging up an old post about two players who no longer even play for Manly. My first thought was who gives a s$&@. Lol.

Because Waz , 2 reasons ... I love a donnybrook ...

and secondly .. I am on record as saying the signing of Ben Kennedy was the dumbest decision ever .. too old and too busted .. so occasionally I like to remind people that just because they think something ... doesn't necessarily make it so ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2