Anyone else catch the scrolling headline on fox today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
[quote author=Pablo link=topic=186480.msg316419#msg316419 date=1297936983]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186480.msg316351#msg316351 date=1297914590]
CC had their chance with the Nthn Eagles.  They blew it.

How did the coast blow it exactly?
You can't possible see it as CC's fault the bitter joint venture between manly and norths failed.
They could have moved us to perth as the western eagles and it would've failed. You can't blame the CC in any way for what happened.
The Beagles had massive support here in 2000. The support dwiddled when it became clear norths were out and we were taking over the license. Even the dumbest coastie bogan knew manly was going to pull out of the coast and go back to brookie as the sea eagles. We'd have been stupid not to go back.
[/quote]mate had they supported the manly owned neagles in 2002 they would of had a team manly had no money and would have gone to where ever the crowds were. The people of the beaches got behind them the c$%*s on the coast boycotted them in the hope we would fold and the bears would be back on the cc in our place. They rolled the dice and lost f**k them too bad too sad
[/quote]

What the f*ck are you talking about Cambo?

The people of the beaches never got behind the Beagles except for a few brain dead morons who didn't understand that their team was dead & it was the Beagles that killed them.

Thank f*ck that the people of the beaches, shore & CC proved to be more discerning than those of the inner west, C'town & Illawarra or we'd be in their deformed shoes right now.

Duffy

Mate I wAs there mate
Round 3 2002 at brookvale
Round 5 2002 at brookvale

Crowds of over 11000 on both occasions chanting very loud manly not northern eagles.
People get confused in 2002 the joint venture was dead manly held the license soley but that wanker moffat made us play under the ne banner.

Crowds of 11000 might not sound big but when were getting 4000 at blue tounge  it was massive

A team in WA makes sense and so does another in QLD. Probably a central QLD team. I think there is too much saturation in NSW for a Central Coast team. I don't believe Manly will lose any supporters from the  Central Coast gaining a team but I reckon Newcastle would be a different story. I live on the Central Coast and I'm a third generation Manly supporter. I would adopt a local team as my second team if they were a
neutral team. I reckon **** the Bears, they are greedy, opportunistic ****ers. I wonder where their heart would be if Gallop said ok to a Central Coast team under the conditions that the people of the Central Coast get to pick the name, the colours and the logo.

Cambo link said:
Duffy

Mate I wAs there mate

Crowds of over 11000 on both occasions chanting very loud manly not northern eagles.
People get confused in 2002 the joint venture was dead manly held the license soley but that w****r moffat made us play under the ne banner.

Crowds of 11000 might not sound big but when were getting 4000 at blue tounge  it was massive

Yeah, I came back mid 2002 as well & the crowds were pretty good. That's my whole point, we didn't support the Beagles. As soon as it was back to Manly, the crowds came back. There was probably only 4000 at Brookie in 2000 & 2001 and I don't know what the hell they were doing there.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186480.msg316464#msg316464 date=1297950953]
Duffy

Mate I wAs there mate

People get confused in 2002 the joint venture was dead manly held the license soley but that w****r moffat made us play under the ne banner.

Yeah, I came back mid 2002 as well & the crowds were pretty good. That's my whole point, we didn't support the Beagles. As soon as it was back to Manly, the crowds came back. There was probably only 4000 at Brookie in 2000 & 2001 and I don't know what the hell they were doing there.
[/quote]

I guess a lot (me incl) wanted to support a league team,but couldn't bear (pun intended) to support any other team.A hybrid Manly was better for some than no league.

Manly means more to me than Rugby League does ayjay.

I supported anyone who was playing against the Beagles. I'd rather not have a team around here at all than be insulted by being patronised with half a team.

You can say you just wanted a team to support but by going to those games you were sending them a message saying that what happened was ok by you.

Duff link said:
Manly means more to me than Rugby League does ayjay.

I supported anyone who was playing against the Beagles. I'd rather not have a team around here at all than be insulted by being patronised with half a team.

You can say you just wanted a team to support but by going to those games you were sending them a message saying that what happened was ok by you.

I understand how much it hurt Duff but it was probably just as tough on Beaver and a few other loyal Manly players who had little choice in the matter.
I loathe the Bears and I'm sick to death of them laying responsibility for their demise on Manly's doorstep.
I hope the independent commission have enough common sense to go with SEQ and WA if expansion has to happen.

Fair enough,Duff,but as you put in another thread on this forum,it's all about personal choices.I made mine,and you made yours.Some couldn't have given a damn about the beagles,others went with the flow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4