Anyone else catch the scrolling headline on fox today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pablo link said:
Pretty harsh the way some of you dump on the Bears/central coast team.

The central coast deserves its own team in the comp. Its a massive area with a massive grass roots rugby league population. The only way to get the money to make a bid is to align themselves with the bears.
People on the coast have accepted this and have come out in droves supporting the bears.
I know a lot of you hate the Bears for whatever reason, but you need to look past this. When yer dumping on the bears your actually dumping on the people on the central coast who are desperate to have an NRL team. And deserve one.

Its a shame they are going to miss out.

I disagree. Singo is a CC boy that can afford to float a CC team into the competition. The Bears assume that because they originally tried to send their team to the CC that they have a right to the area. That is wrong and, as long as the CC team is linked to a Sydney team/area then they will not win the bid. It doesn't help anyone but Greg Florimo and Bears supporters who are grasping onto their last hope to get a team back.

I liked The Western Reds. They had a good feel about them. I'd much rather watch a Reds side then a relocated Bears side. **** the bears x3.

Hate to destroy a good story, but the headline is because one of the guys associated with the South Brisbane bid said he doesn't think CC should get a team because it's too close to Sydney, which already has too many teams.

So you can't read too much into what people from the other bids are saying.

But I see his point, there are too many teams in the Sydney market, but then again CC is a separate area.

However, if the CC is going to get a team, then it needs to be a CC team, and not tied back to Sydney or any other area. The Bears cannot try to claim the whole of the CC plus all their old territory, you cannot be both old and new, be one or the other. Or preferably neither.

Personally I still think Brisbane, or close to Brisbane, and Perth or Adelaide are a way better option before the CC, no matter how strong the Bears bid may be.

Pablo link said:

The central coast deserves its own team in the comp. Its a massive area with a massive grass roots rugby league population. The only way to get the money to make a bid is to align themselves with the bears.
People on the coast have accepted this and have come out in droves supporting the bears.
I know a lot of you hate the Bears for whatever reason, but you need to look past this. When yer dumping on the bears your actually dumping on the people on the central coast who are desperate to have an NRL team. And deserve one.

CC had their chance with the Nthn Eagles.  They blew it.

Brookie4eva link said:
Hate to destroy a good story, but the headline is because one of the guys associated with the South Brisbane bid said he doesn't think CC should get a team because it's too close to Sydney, which already has too many teams.

So you can't read too much into what people from the other bids are saying.

But I see his point, there are too many teams in the Sydney market, but then again CC is a separate area.

However, if the CC is going to get a team, then it needs to be a CC team, and not tied back to Sydney or any other area. The Bears cannot try to claim the whole of the CC plus all their old territory, you cannot be both old and new, be one or the other. Or preferably neither.

Personally I still think Brisbane, or close to Brisbane, and Perth or Adelaide are a way better option before the CC, no matter how strong the Bears bid may be.

No definately not Adelaide. Unlike Perth, Adelaide failed the last time. It was only a little better than the Mariners.

Rex link said:

How did the coast blow it exactly?
You can't possible see it as CC's fault the bitter joint venture between manly and norths failed.
They could have moved us to perth as the western eagles and it would've failed. You can't blame the CC in any way for what happened.
The Beagles had massive support here in 2000. The support dwiddled when it became clear norths were out and we were taking over the license. Even the dumbest coastie bogan knew manly was going to pull out of the coast and go back to brookie as the sea eagles. We'd have been stupid not to go back.

Pablo link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186480.msg316351#msg316351 date=1297914590]

How did the coast blow it exactly?
You can't possible see it as CC's fault the bitter joint venture between manly and norths failed.
They could have moved us to perth as the western eagles and it would've failed. You can't blame the CC in any way for what happened.
The Beagles had massive support here in 2000. The support dwiddled when it became clear norths were out and we were taking over the license. Even the dumbest coastie bogan knew manly was going to pull out of the coast and go back to brookie as the sea eagles. We'd have been stupid not to go back.
[/quote]mate had they supported the manly owned neagles in 2002 they would of had a team manly had no money and would have gone to where ever the crowds were. The people of the beaches got behind them the ****s on the coast boycotted them in the hope we would fold and the bears would be back on the cc in our place. They rolled the dice and lost **** them too bad too sad

obviously a sore spot.

The impression in this part of town back then was that in 2002 the manly owned beagles wanted to be the sea eagles again and would be back as manly as soon as they could afford it. (fine with me, i was desperate to be back as manly)

So basically word on the street was that Manly's involvement with the coast was only temporary untill they could stand alone and thats what left a bitter taste in the mouth of locals and why they didn't come out in mass support.

I dont see why its so hard to believe that the CC didnt want to follow a club who's heart and soul was ( and belonged) in manly. Add into the equation that Everybody hates us....its a no brainer really.

Anyway, they've well and truly learned their lesson up here now and thats why the bears are being embraced. There will never be a CC team without the backing of another NRL club. ( or a dead one) And i'm sure in retrospect theres alotta people that regret letting manly leave town. Even more so when Gallop delivers the upcomming bad news.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186480.msg316251#msg316251 date=1297887528]
f**k the bears
x2
[/quote]

x3 (but with a big stick)

Pablo link said:

I was going to post something about this earlier. So here we go.

Back in the early 80's the NSWRL were contemplating expansion (Canberra and Illawarra got the nod).

Anyway the story goes the Canberra team was asked and were still umming and ahhing about it and around the same time went to the Coast team and they were doing the same thing. But the Canberra bid got the **** together
Think about it would have made more sense to name the Central Coast team the "Central Coast Raiders"

So they could have had their own team since the 80's.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4