Anti-vaxx, masks, Covid, freedom, 5G etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the woke or cancel culture ... but it could be argued that the award named in his honour , was not for his playing ability, but for his character and contribution, ... and that this legacy has been what has been tarnished .. I confess to be of two minds on this one ..
Fair point Woodsie!

OK Einstein, what % of this thread is related to football?

1% perhaps.

the other 99% is shoved down the throat (RIP Rex).

Anyway you have proved my original point perfectly.

(And yes I get that that will provoke more of the obtuse)
If we're talking about a rugby league player and the merits of stripping an award given by a rugby league club, i'd say 100% of it is rugby league related.

I'd also say that given you were not compelled by another poster to enter the thread, nor comment on it, you've voluntarily joined the conversation; so it's hard for anything to have been 'shoved down your throat'.

I can see why you're big on looney tunes lol! Sorry, couldn't help myself. No offence intended.

"(And yes I get that that will provoke more of the obtuse) "

you must have missed that part.....

Mate .. we need you over in the Omnipotent Beings thread .. religion, what could possibly go wrong.

Meanwhile, the sound of the rustling of petticoats indicates that the lefties are warming up to turn this thread political ... going to have to get more popcorn delivered ..

Mate .. we need you over in the Omnipotent Beings thread .. religion, what could possibly go wrong.

Meanwhile, the sound of the rustling of petticoats indicates that the lefties are warming up to turn this thread political ... going to have to get more popcorn delivered ..
good on you Woodsie for trotting out the first sign of the 'daily rag' devotees, and doing so with humour.

You are definitely a rung or 2 higher up the ladder though for cleverly avoiding the 'conspiracy theorist' tag which is generally the 'badge of honour' for such devotees.

Please, this thread belongs in the General forum along with any mostly non-football threads.

I'm here for the football,
I thought of that but it is another of those many situations where footy-world intersects with actual world. Plus many of us are stuck in lockdown so a topic that seems to be promoting exchange of plenty of ideas might be a good release for a while.

Also. no-one is forced to read it! But to all who do, try to deal with issues without personal abuse, all our mental health is under extra pressure these days :)

I thought of that but it is another of those many situations where footy-world intersects with actual world. Plus many of us are stuck in lockdown so a topic that seems to be promoting exchange of plenty of ideas might be a good release for a while.

Also. no-one is forced to read it! But to all who do, try to deal with issues without personal abuse, all our mental health is under extra pressure these days :)
Your call I guess, however would point out again the intersection is probably about 1% / 99%, just the tip of the iceberg. 50/50 would be another matter.

Wouldn't want to see a rash of political threads starting up with a footballers name in the title to justify it's location, (it's a nasty leftist type habit to do sneaky dishonest things like that and could detract from the rest of the Rugby League Forum) that's all.

Have a great day.

Sing with me feathered friends

When the idiots go marching out
Lord, how I dont want to be in that record covid number

skynews-sydney-australia-covid-19_5457049.jpg

good on you Woodsie for trotting out the first sign of the 'daily rag' devotees, and doing so with humour.

You are definitely a rung or 2 higher up the ladder though for cleverly avoiding the 'conspiracy theorist' tag which is generally the 'badge of honour' for such devotees.

You raise an interesting point ... are conspiracy theorists starting to feel pressure and claiming minority status ... are we about to see accusations of conspiracy theoristism to rank with those of racism and sexism ... will I be outed as an anti -antivaxxist ... will there be a rash of unfortunate people who have been alien anally probed filing for discrimination ...

Totally irresponsible and careless action by any individual or groups who think that they have the right to jeopardize or exasperate a public health emergency and hope that they receive the maximum penalty for defying a critical public order . Not too sure however that it should be the prerogative of some administrators of a major sporting code [ or other organizations for that matter ] to be retrospectively stripping some previous awards or some similar action way out of proportion in the circumstances . Wonder if some of the protesters would be so inclined or feel so entitled to defy public health directives if one of their family members or close friends were to contract covid [ and even worse outcomes ] from their presence at the unauthorized rallies

You raise an interesting point ... are conspiracy theorists starting to feel pressure and claiming minority status ... are we about to see accusations of conspiracy theoristism to rank with those of racism and sexism ... will I be outed as an anti -antivaxxist ... will there be a rash of unfortunate people who have been alien anally probed filing for discrimination ...
Hahahaha, couldn't tell you, nor did I even know that was the point I was raising :rofl: good one, you are on fire.

But the answer my friend, as well as blowin in the wind, could well be found in the 'Trust the Science' section of the Tele, (I admit I am just guessing that there would be such a section, they may also call it the 'Truth' section or some such......)

Think that many of the conspiracy theorists in this current pandemic are just a shiver looking for a spine , [ quote from an previous ex poli ] . in other words , just compulsive conspiracy theorists regardless of their illogical reasoning .

I haven't been following the news about the protests but in one photo I saw it looked like a bunch of the Proud Boys. Obviously conspiracy theories and discrediting legitimate science as fake news are now things, thanks largely to a certain megalomaniac who shall remain nameless.

As to protesting during a pandemic, surely depends in part on what they are protesting? Quite legitimate to be demanding more job support pay, for example, given how many people are unable to work pretty much as a direct result of how slack the Fed govt has been in sourcing adequate vaccines.
I disagree regarding protesting.

Everyone has a right to protest if it is peaceful no matter what the cause. You have to apply the law to everybody equally. Thats democracy for you. You simply cannot pick and choose who can protest during a pandemic. You either can or cannot.

I disagree regarding protesting.

Everyone has a right to protest if it is peaceful no matter what the cause. You have to apply the law to everybody equally. Thats democracy for you. You simply cannot pick and choose who can protest during a pandemic. You either can or cannot.

I agree with you in principle Spartan. The right to protest is the difference between Australia's democratic system and China's autocratic system. But protesting should never be done at the risk of endangering others and in this instance we're dealing with a disease which can be quite lethal. I'm not so concerned that the action was banned. China bans protests too and sometimes illegal protests are warranted. For me its about endangering others by their action. That's not on. Personal rights must always be viewed in the light of the rights of others in the community. I live in a society that gives me certain freedoms, but those freedoms require me to consider what is best for the community as a whole, not just my personal wants. That's why the USA is so out of control. Its a Me Me society thinking only of my rights and ignoring the needs of the community as a whole.

Last edited:
Mundine has become the ultimate 'me me'. Its all about him, promoting him, seeing him on TV. Great sports person and I admire his feats but in public life he's becoming Australia's version of Trump.
Imagine what he could have achieved if he'd learnt to put his ego on hold instead of always seeking glory?

I was never a fan of his but he had some nice skills when at his peak in boxing, but rather than develop his own identity & style he chose to simply imitate US trashtalking boxers.

Unfortunately he was never able to back up his trash talk & should have realised it wasnt the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8