Anti-vaxx, masks, Covid, freedom, 5G etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me those protestors were absolute dickheads BUT in a democratic society we are allowed to be dickheads if we wish.

I don’t know about a “ stripping of honours” though and that’s even acknowledging they are ****ing nutters !!!

I say good on souffs if they do and a few more employers should be taking a hard stance with any employees identified. With businesses going under due to lockdown and idiots like this making it a whole lot worse

To me those protestors were absolute dickheads BUT in a democratic society we are allowed to be dickheads if we wish.

I don’t know about a “ stripping of honours” though and that’s even acknowledging they are ****ing nutters !!!
I agree, seems that retrospectively stripping people of honours & awards they've received in the past for doing something wrong or stupid later is becoming a thing - VLandys mentioned stripping Hayne of his Dally M awards once his appeal has passed (if it doesn't work).

I dont get it, it's not like these people are "literally Hitler", or are statues of slave drivers, but the "woke" generation seem to want to rewrite history as soon as someone does something wrong.

I should point out I think the demonstrators are all idiots for doing what they did, but I also realise many of them may not be well educated & are therefore susceptible to believing internet-originating conspiracy theories etc.

Mundine is just a serial pest.
Classic picture & caption from one of the online news sites yesterday:

20210726_201503.jpg

I say good on souffs if they do and a few more employers should be taking a hard stance with any employees identified. With businesses going under due to lockdown and idiots like this making it a whole lot worse
I haven't been following the news about the protests but in one photo I saw it looked like a bunch of the Proud Boys. Obviously conspiracy theories and discrediting legitimate science as fake news are now things, thanks largely to a certain megalomaniac who shall remain nameless.

As to protesting during a pandemic, surely depends in part on what they are protesting? Quite legitimate to be demanding more job support pay, for example, given how many people are unable to work pretty much as a direct result of how slack the Fed govt has been in sourcing adequate vaccines.

Honestly, I think it's a bit much to strip an honour over. It's his right in a democratic society to protest against what he may see as injustice. Just like the protests last year conducted for other reasons, both within a lockdown situation.

I find it amusing when people argue against the protest because they "aren't authorised." Isn't that the point of civil disobedience? I know know....

So how bout them EAGLES 🦅🦅🦅

I haven't been following the news about the protests but in one photo I saw it looked like a bunch of the Proud Boys. Obviously conspiracy theories and discrediting legitimate science as fake news are now things, thanks largely to a certain megalomaniac who shall remain nameless.

As to protesting during a pandemic, surely depends in part on what they are protesting? Quite legitimate to be demanding more job support pay, for example, given how many people are unable to work pretty much as a direct result of how slack the Fed govt has been in sourcing adequate vaccines.
That’s the thing. All protestors are being lumped into the same loonie basket but some have legitimate gripes.

I’m not going say they shouldn’t be out there when I have the luxury of being on full pay working from home for as long as I want. I understand that many do not have that option and are doing it tough.

I understand this perspective, but where do you draw the line? Greg Inglis and Sam Burgess have both been done for DUI but are still considered “ornaments of the game”. They definitely put lives at risk too.
I would treat them the same way.
As someone who is in iso thanks to a 15 min trip to the shops you will
Forgive me for not having any sympathy for people who act without any thought for others

That’s the thing. All protestors are being lumped into the same loonie basket but some have legitimate gripes.

I’m not going say they shouldn’t be out there when I have the luxury of being on full pay working from home for as long as I want. I understand that many do not have that option and are doing it tough.
And the reason they’re all being lumped into the same loonie basket is because they were there with loonies.
I get the legitimate gripes that @SeaEagleRock8 mentioned, it’s affected me and my business but choose who you hang around with, we learn that at a young age.

If you know there’s a rent a crowd coming just to agitate, then you should be smart enough to change your tack and think your message is going to get lost.
If you don’t then you’re not smart enough and deserve what you get.

It should be pretty easy to decide if you want to live in an anarchistic society or a democratic one.

Conspiracy theory addiction is mental health issue and these people are likely to be driven by fear, anxiety and a need to try to understand issues they feel threatend by and uncertain about. It is often but not always related to a lack of education.
They are true believers even though their ideas are baseless and often dellusional. They are not anarchists but quite the opposite as their ideological leaning is to the "far right" rather than the left.

And the reason they’re all being lumped into the same loonie basket is because they were there with loonies.
I get the legitimate gripes that @SeaEagleRock8 mentioned, it’s affected me and my business but choose who you hang around with, we learn that at a young age.

If you know there’s a rent a crowd coming just to agitate, then you should be smart enough to change your tack and think your message is going to get lost.
If you don’t then you’re not smart enough and deserve what you get.

It should be pretty easy to decide if you want to live in an anarchistic society or a democratic one.
True, but you could also argue we get less and less democratic each day with this as the government passes emergency powers they will never roll back. The civil liberties argument is whole other mess. Look at this rubbish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7