Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We never got the best out of Walker from 2016 to 2022. I still can’t believe we let gutho go and signed Walker.
Dylan was D T centre of the year in 2017 and then he sustained that horrific foot injury on a P N G after season tour . Took a while to recover from that but would still be firmly of the view that he made a pretty decent fist as the 6 in 2019 especially , then was selected all over the place , one occasion as a 7 and even full back . But also fair to say did play some quite effective footy as that roving 13 role which i had initial doubts that he would manage there O K . Would have to say at 600 K for a few seasons and taking into account injuries and other issues , not that good a return , different matter at 350 - 375 K or so latter. Still could have some good footy left in him , just hope that he does not produce it against Manly

The decision to let go Gutho and Hiku for Walker awful
And for Marty as well . Have to consider that Gutho had some quite serious injury issues just prior to being released and as always that perennial reality of Turbo being hailed as the next big thing as the Manly 0ne. Hiku was a good servant but the appeal at that stage of 2 top liners like Marty and Walker coming into the mix , quite persuasive .

And don’t forget the current Dally M winner was shown the door as well
Just was not showing his undoubted ability apparently on a regular basis in the Manly lower grades And a real late bloomer in the general sense , spent quite some time in the Q L D cup comp despite apparently going reasonably well there in the main . At least we know what Weekes should be capable of right now , big difference there . Very hopefully Manly will make every effort to not let Weekes go

And for Marty as well . Have to consider that Gutho had some quite serious injury issues just prior to being released and as always that perennial reality of Turbo being hailed as the next big thing as the Manly 0ne. Hiku was a good servant but the appeal at that stage of 2 top liners like Marty and Walker coming into the mix , quite persuasive .
Marty at time was top level prop so can understand. Walker was always just imo forcing issue around the number 6 and wasted so many seasons persisting with it.
Hiku look great at cows but terrible at warriors and Gutho tbh as soon as he hit grade looked the part not sure the conversation was ever had prior to leaving about playing centres or 6 ?
Anyhow I hope we don't make same decisions with our next crop of kids.

Walker was pretty good for Manly....the fact he was signed a strike centre and played every position but centre after a crippling injury zapped much of his pace, yet still quicker than the centres we had, till Koula got the call up.
Usually made an instant impact off the bench and showed more intensity defensively than most of the Manly forwards.....in fact was often the player to win us momentum when the team looked flat.
Looking at the 2023 bench, hopefully a Weekes or Roach type can add some impact, as successful NRL teams need exactly this in the modern game, not just big lugs.

Is there anyone that Jake doesn't like?
Jake even likes our opposition players. He needs to start hanging around with Gangsters

I have a dream that one day our pack of forwards are so feared that the Media calls them the Manly Mafia

See the source image

Jake even likes our opposition players. He needs to start hanging around with Gangsters

I have a dream that one day our pack of forwards are so feared that the Media calls them the Manly Mafia

See the source image

Bozo. With respect, That really is the most stupid thing I have heard you say.

Hang around with ganstas like Fainu, in jail?

I luv Jake just the way he is. Pity the whole team doesn't have his never say die attitude, as we would be premiers.

Bozo. With respect, That really is the most stupid thing I have heard you say.

Hang around with ganstas like Fainu, in jail?

I luv Jake just the way he is. Pity the whole team doesn't have his never say die attitude, as we would be premiers.
To put my post in perspective and What I meant by the Gangster perspective was that Jake needs to learn to be more intimidating and less lovable on the field and this is why we are chasing an Intimidating enforcer like Flegler because we currently do not have one

To put my post in perspective and What I meant by the Gangster perspective was that Jake needs to learn to be more intimidating and less lovable on the field and this is why we are chasing an Intimidating enforcer like Flegler because we currently do not have one
He is a nice guy, but I doubt many opponents like being tackled by Jake. He doesn’t go in softly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4