Another NRL player in trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sponsors just run from the NRL. The blokes running the game lead by example, and the whole League is a disgrace. What sort of role models are these **** wit players to our kids. It started with the Bulldogs Mad Monday and it just hasn't let up in 2018. These blokes just don't learn. Enough is enough. The culture in league has to change.

Very serious allegation indeed.

Who knows what really happened?

He shouldn't be leaving nightclubs with women while his missus is at home pregnant with his child, but that doesn't make him guilty of what he's been accused of, just stupid & morally corrupt for cheating on his missus & putting himself in such a situation.

That said, it may very well have been consensual but she regretted it after the fact, or they were arseholes to her once they'd had their fun.

Or it's as she has said it was & De Bellin & his mate could be in huge trouble.

Very serious allegation indeed.

Who knows what really happened?

He shouldn't be leaving nightclubs with women while his missus is at home pregnant with his child, but that doesn't make him guilty of what he's been accused of, just stupid & morally corrupt for cheating on his missus & putting himself in such a situation.

That said, it may very well have been consensual but she regretted it after the fact, or they were arseholes to her once they'd had their fun.

Or it's as she has said it was & De Bellin & his mate could be in huge trouble.

100% mate. My initial thoughts were not around whether he was potential guilty or innocent but as a 27 year old with a partner who is 20 weeks pregnant why are you getting yourself even close to a situation that could become problematic such as this.

The nrl has got this completely wrong. In this day and age actually compelling each club to nominate a player to commit a serious crime is mind boggling. What is Greenberg playing at??

I just had a look at these stats and I think we have a massive problem in our Australian culture .
How do we end this ? What happened to our values and respect ?

http://www.domesticviolence.com.au/pages/domestic-violence-statistics.php
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STATISTICS
The vast majority of dangerous, abusive and violent behaviour that occurs in the privacy of people's homes is committed by men against women. Violence against women is now recognised to be a serious and widespread problem in Australia with enormous individual and community impacts and social costs
KEY FACTS

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

• On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.1

• One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence since the age of 15.2

• One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.2

• One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.2

• One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.3

• Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.4

• Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.5

• Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care.6

• Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships. Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner.7

• Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.8

• Young women (18-24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups.9

• There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence.10

• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience both far higher rates and more severe forms of violence compared to other women.11

• Intimate partner violence contributes to more death, disability and illness in women aged 15 to 44 than any other preventable risk factor.13

• Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women14, a common factor in child protection notifications15 and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country.16

• The combined health, administration and social welfare costs of violence against women have been estimated to be $21.7 billion a year, with projections suggesting that if no further action is taken to prevent violence against women, costs will accumulate to $323.4 billion over a thirty-year period from 2014-15 to 2044-45. 17

Guilty or not, De Bellend should have been at home with his pregnant wife not nightclub hopping.

Like all these cases, Ill leave my judgement to the judicial system, but its not a great look. If he is guilty, his career is over.

The NRL need to get tougher on players, and then mabye some of them will learn. Things like freezing their pay whilst suspended, large fines (enforced through reduced salaries), long bans (1yr+), etc...

None of this BS like lodge signing with Donkeys cause Clint wanted him in the team.

Also have list of zero tolerance offences that bans players for extended periods. Mabye when they are shovelling dirt for min wage they will realise how much better off they were playing footy.

Might be time to shut the game down for a year. In that year, the NRL goes through every clubs books as thoroughly as they did ours. Any official found guilty of fiddling goes. In that same year, any player who comes into trouble with the law goes as well. My interest in rugby league is fast catching up to the zero interest I have in cricket.Time for new interests.
So someone rubs a ball with sandpaper in cricket and you have zero tolerance. In rugby league, after multiple occurances of systematic cheating coupled with numerous instances of individuals breaking the law, mostly violence related, and your ‘close’ to losing interest?

I can’t think of anything worse than being intimate with a woman and a bunch of league players.
Unfortunately, there are some young women out there who see nothing wrong with being used as a sex toy by a bunch of meat heads footballers. Too many of these modern day athletes get around with a God complex, they don’t know how to take no for an answer.

Unfortunately, there are some young women out there who see nothing wrong with being used as a sex toy by a bunch of meat heads footballers. Too many of these modern day athletes get around with a God complex, they don’t know how to take no for an answer.
Unfortunately sometimes the other party decides to say no after the event. Not that it excuses any sort of forced or against someone's will act.

NRL need to dock their pay once they're convicted. Players sitting out their suspensions on full pay is no deterrent :cool:

It's beyond ridiculous that the many and costly behavioural courses that the NRL put on is just a waste on these numbnuts :banghead:

I will forever take it as one of my lifes greatest achievements ... if I, in anyway contributed to, or was responsible for HappilyManly using the term numbnuts ....

I just had a look at these stats and I think we have a massive problem in our Australian culture .
How do we end this ? What happened to our values and respect ?

http://www.domesticviolence.com.au/pages/domestic-violence-statistics.php
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STATISTICS
The vast majority of dangerous, abusive and violent behaviour that occurs in the privacy of people's homes is committed by men against women. Violence against women is now recognised to be a serious and widespread problem in Australia with enormous individual and community impacts and social costs
KEY FACTS

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

• On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.1

• One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence since the age of 15.2

• One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.2

• One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.2

• One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.3

• Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.4

• Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.5

• Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care.6

• Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships. Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner.7

• Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.8

• Young women (18-24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups.9

• There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence.10

• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience both far higher rates and more severe forms of violence compared to other women.11

• Intimate partner violence contributes to more death, disability and illness in women aged 15 to 44 than any other preventable risk factor.13

• Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women14, a common factor in child protection notifications15 and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country.16

• The combined health, administration and social welfare costs of violence against women have been estimated to be $21.7 billion a year, with projections suggesting that if no further action is taken to prevent violence against women, costs will accumulate to $323.4 billion over a thirty-year period from 2014-15 to 2044-45. 17

I wonder if you flipped those statistics, and said it was women, being mentally and physically violent / abusive to men, what the stats would be?

I get all the hoopla about the big bad males of society, but it's not highlighting the real problem and culture here.

Women are just as bad. It's when men react, there is a problem in those situations.

Domestic violence (physical or mental abuse) is wrong BOTH ways. Apparently she was throwing stuff at him and abusing him (and to most women, that's okay). It's ****ing well not. If she hadn't started the chaos, that outcome may not have been an option.

But all the White Knight's, thirsty arsed males come to the rescue, defending her actions (and I do NOT condone Walker's actions either).

A group sex culture, has permeated throughout the NRL and other elite men’s sporting competitions for decades. It really is disturbing.
Probably more like the media, mobile phones and attitudes towards speaking up have caught up with what is going on. I would argue that the real instances of this stuff is decreasing, however the "outing" and reporting of any transgression has increased. I would be willing to bet that 100 times worse was going on in the 70's and 80's. Still no excuse for it but surely can't be on the increase.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6