Announcement @ 2pm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
kurri eagle link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186575.msg318515#msg318515 date=1298873444]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186575.msg318445#msg318445 date=1298866008]
Not even a mention at all on the NRLs exclusive rugby league station 2gb on the 3pm news

Our media managers' reponsibility, time to go Zorb.
[/quote]

Looks like the club has deleted all the negative comments off fb lol there were over 40 comments now down to 14
[/quote]

i wasnt even nasty with My comment of
Lowey  if you are reading thos blog I think its time for you to step down, nice bloke or not some people can be a CEO others just cant

Chip & Chase link said:
Where are all the fervent critics who lambasted Delmege for doing the same thing ? He was slaughtered by some for  \"double dipping\" on ownership and sponsorship and making out it was altruism. Now that Penn and Quantam are pulling the same stunt it's the CEO's fault. Have Penn Health and Quantam attached a dollar value to their sponsorship ?? If so and the equivalent amount of cash, or share value, changes hands then who cares who sponsors us ? If they are getting it at a discount then it is no better than Delmege and Mayers arrangement, in which case Penn and Quantam should receive the same criticism as was levelled at Delmege.

According to Matabele it's different lol. Go look at the "get rid of lowe" thread.

Being a debtor or creditor of your own company?

Here is how, we could have an additional $1m coming from a 3rd party, leaving the owners with their $1m that they could have put in the club another way.

Hey Jonesyv2 I seem to recall you shooting out of the  blocks and singing Lowes praises in a thread you started a couple of weeks back, while at the same time having a sarcastic dig at other posters. I'd love  to hear your thoughts now mate...you seem to have gone quiet. The sooner we get rid of Lowe and employ someone that can do the job properly the better!

Interesting comment from Manly on their facebook:

Guys, we've deleted posts as a lot were very negative towards our administration. The co-owners have stepped in to help us but you can be assured the search for a sponsor hasn't stopped! We're very grateful for the work that Scott Penn does for tue club, we hope our members and our fans can be to.

So that message means we failed to find a sponsor despite:

THE Sea Eagles’ search for a major sponsor is over, with a formal announcement expected within the next 10 days.

Media manager Peter Peters confirmed there have been talks with a prominent business for a ‘‘few weeks.”

‘‘We are delighted to have secured a sponsor and look forward to working closely together in promoting the Manly brand this year,’’ he said.

eggson link said:

Guys, we've deleted posts as a lot were very negative towards our administration. The co-owners have stepped in to help us but you can be assured the search for a sponsor hasn't stopped! We're very grateful for the work that Scott Penn does for tue club, we hope our members and our fans can be to.

THE Sea Eagles’ search for a major sponsor is over, with a formal announcement expected within the next 10 days.

Media manager Peter Peters confirmed there have been talks with a prominent business for a ‘‘few weeks.”

‘‘We are delighted to have secured a sponsor and look forward to working closely together in promoting the Manly brand this year,’’ he said.

And then they get shirty when you ask questions , i read this and believe now that it was extremely misleading

kurri eagle link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=186575.msg318576#msg318576 date=1298877975]

And then they get shirty when you ask questions , i read this and believe now that it was extremely misleading
[/quote]

How does it fall through in ten days though?? The sponsor either wasn't offering enough and we pulled out or they pulled out because we were asking too much (more likely really). The funny thing is we have wuite a few games on Nine this year. I don't think it matters too much that Penn and co. are sponsoring us, I just wonder how much it is for. Even if it is a tax deduction for their business this way I don't think they really want to put too much into us over and above what they already do which leaves the club struggling for cash.

190343_10150110318119456_800469455_6239397_2943070_n.jpg

Tell you another f up in this scenerio. I work for a major RL media outlet, would you like to know how I heard about this 'major announcement'? Through my private twitter account and on Silvertails. I didn't get a press release and neither did anyone else in the office. Top work. Lucky I was checking my networking today or we would have missed it altogether.

Captain of the Gate link said:
Tell you another f up in this scenerio. I work for a major RL media outlet, would you like to know how I heard about this 'major announcement'? Through my private twitter account and on Silvertails. I didn't get a press release and neither did anyone else in the office. Top work. Lucky I was checking my networking today or we would have missed it altogether.

Yet they still think we don't deserve any answers about this major annoncement. Who is responsible for putting out press release's ? Why wont the club answer these legitimate questions.

kurri eagle link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186575.msg318600#msg318600 date=1298881676]

Yet they still think we don't deserve any answers about this major annoncement. Who is responsible for putting out press release's ? Why wont the club answer these legitimate questions.
[/quote]

Most clubs it is the media manager. Some clubs have a media manager and a 'communications manager' (or something simiar) and it tends to fall to the latter in that case but isn't their exclusive duty. Comms managers normally handle internet based comms and social networking.

I say for a second time, indeed....eh, oh ye of little faith.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

MWSE updated:

The Sea Eagles have boldly claimed today that the Silvertails are back!

It was an exciting day for Manly as they announced their new sponsorship - Penn Health and Quantum Solar Power.

The co-owners have stepped in and today showcased the new jerseys in Manly at the starting point of the Peninsula.

Scott Penn spoke today about this exciting new era of the Sea Eagles, saying that rather shun the Silvertails image, we should embrace it.

“In the latest survey that came out we were top of the list of most hated teams so we may as well embrace it.

We live in a fantastic area here on the peninsula and we have a fantastic team so let’s keep it going.”

Penn helped explain the situation, saying that Penn Health and Quantum will have an equal share of the Sea Eagles jersey.

“Penn Health will be on the home jersey and Quantum will be on the away jersey and both organisations are very excited to be part of it and looking forward to the season ahead.”

And Sea Eagles members and fans aren’t to worry – the search for a major sponsor is still active! However with Quantum still wanting to stay on board, both parties came to the agreement and take on joint sponsorship together.

“Quantum were wanting to have a seat at the table in terms of shareholding so we’ve both decided that we’d both put our hands up and take over [for a] joint major sponsorship.

“And at the same time we are still looking for a potential future major sponsor so there’s no hiding that fact and but at the same time we’re both very comfortable taking that on.”

I know the fans like being the most hated but how does that impact on potential sponsors?

Quantum were wanting to have a seat at the table in terms of shareholding so we’ve both decided that we’d both put our hands up and take over [for a] joint major sponsorship.

Can someone explain what that means? I thought they were a shareholder?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8