Annesley's weakly "why this happened" report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just watched a couple of minutes of this dribble. In the two incidents I watched Annesley used slow-mo vision to demystify Bunker decisions.
This sickens me.
When you watch a match you see the action in real time and base your opinions on what your eyes tell you. Slow-mo obfuscates reality, and allows the Bunker to rule on things that your eyes have not picked up. Now, if you want to argue that this micro-managing a match is good because it guarantees 100% accuracy then how come there is so much controversy around so many Bunker decisions?
Secondly, if you are happy to micro-manager select action sequences to gain accuracy then to validate it this must happen for every second of a match. You can't pick and choose when to micro-manage...
but they do. The Bunker seems to be able to butt in at random, such as the 'Downtown' ruling against South Sydney.
I have argued since the Bunker was introduced that it hasn't eliminated controversial decision, it has created more than ever. It should be scrapped, and the NRL should put the millions in savings towards developing junior referees.
True but he also showed slow-mo of an obstruction call to show they got that one wrong.

One correct and one wrong so let’s call it even …..

NRL head of football Graham Annesley believes South Sydney star Latrell Mitchell should have been sent off in Friday night's match against Sydney Roosters but he has defended the bunker for not taking immediate action over the incident that left Joey Manu with a fractured cheekbone.

-because he's a moron

Mitchell is facing a season-ending ban of six to nine weeks after being charged with a grade two reckless high tackle, while Manu has undergone surgery and is unlikely to take any further part in the Roosters premiership campaign.

"I think it should have resulted in a dismissal," Annesley told 2GB on Saturday.

"Obviously I can't dissect the incident in great detail because there is a judiciary process underway and Latrell has got the opportunity to defend the charge if he so chooses.

But I think it is fair to say that based on what happened last night, in our view and regardless of what might happen at the judiciary process, the bunker took the wrong option of a sin-bin.

-thank you captain obvious

Senior review official Henry Perenara was dropped his role in the bunker for Saturday night's Melbourne-Parramatta clash but Annesley insisted match officials did not miss the incident and explained why it took four tackles before action was taken.

Touch judge Todd Smith, who was closest to the incident, immediately asked the bunker to review the tackle but play continued as Manu had lost the ball backwards and Roosters halfback Sam Walker picked it up before passing to second-rower Sitili Tupouniua.

-yeah, refs can blow the whistle the instant an illegal tackle occurs, not just when play stops.

The bunker immediately advised that Mitchell would be penalised but continued to study replays to determine whether further action should be taken against him.

However, referee Ashley Klein then blew a penalty for another infringement and a melee broke out after a visibly upset Manu raced in to confront Mitchell.

-what other infringement and also "what a load of butt covering codswallop". My kingdom for an official that tells the truth.

"I am disappointed that the action taken wasn't stronger, but I do want to clear up a misconception about when the officials acted on this," Annesley said.

"The audio has been reviewed and the touch judge immediately indicated that there may be a problem with the tackle and he asked the bunker to review it while the play continued.

"Any perception that the incident was missed by the officials is not accurate.

- no one is claiming they missed it. But lucky we have cameras now.

Whether they took the appropriate action or not is a separate matter."

-they didn't. Stick that on your separate matter.

"In terms of the post-match press conference that is a matter that others at the NRL would deal with."

-lol

That's not the full article because my b/s o'metre overheated, stopping me from cutting and pasting any more.

* Trent Robinson is facing a hefty five-figure fine with NRL CEO Andrew Abdo of the belief the Roosters coach “attacked” match officials with his post-match comments

* Roosters chairman Nick Politis has hit back at the anticipated fine by stating: “It’s hard when you can’t speak the truth, there’s something wrong with the system.’’

The NRL are preparing to penalise Robinson, particularly for the premiership-winning coach’s decision to single out referee Ashley Klein and Perenara.

The NRL are also unhappy with Robinson’s inference that the Roosters are targeted by match officials.

“I understand how emotive everyone gets and frustrations, however we have to be professionals,” Abdo told ABC radio.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to cast opinions on people’s integrity or character in a professional sport.

“You can disagree with decisions, you can’t attack people’s integrity.

“There is a big difference between having a view on a decision or incident and questioning the integrity of individuals.

I'm not sure if Robinson attacked the useless ref's "integrity". He didn't say he cheated, just that he shouldn't be in the bunker if he can't do the job.

Robinson went too far when he started talking about other Roosters incidents from earlier in the season. He started sounding like whinger at that point, and I think he should be fined for that.

If he stuck with talking about the Manu incident, or even other incidents in the game, he would have been ok I think.

Robbo has a suspended fine for a similar outburst from earlier in the year.
That fine should be issued along with a fine for this round.

Any other coach gets fined, the reason the chocks get penalised so much is they way they play. Yes, it was bad tackle and he probably should have been sent but I agree with Bennett, the roosters have a few players that sail close to the wind and have copped suspensions because of it but he gets upset when they get suspened.

Not sure why they think perenara getting ‘stood down’ is such a big deal. He will have a nice all expenses paid holiday in the koala sanctuary for the week and be straight back the week after. Standing him down for a week with no pay or a fine would be more like a punishment.

Not sure why they think perenara getting ‘stood down’ is such a big deal. He will have a nice all expenses paid holiday in the koala sanctuary for the week and be straight back the week after. Standing him down for a week with no pay or a fine would be more like a punishment.
Funny isn't it?

"Ok, you stuffed up, you can't work the next two matches...but you still get paid"

- so you are effectively given two extra days of paid leave -

"I hope you've learned your lesson!"

So he will be signing up on Silvertails then? Excellent, can't wait to expose the clown in the "Trash Talk" thread.

Unbelievable that Latrell Mitchell was not sent off, his tackle was as bad if not worse that Matterson on Parker.

The bunker totally got it wrong yet again and the perpetrator continues to make howlers that affect games. Perenara needs to be put out to pasture and get some competent people to adjudicate matters!

Abdo admitted the NRL had blundered in failing to immediately identify Latrell Mitchell’s heavy hit on Roosters centre Joey Manu.

“We believe the bunker should have dismissed the player from the field. We have been very open about that and we acted quickly to amend the match appointments for the remainder of the round,” Abdo said.

A bit different to all the b/s annesley was spruiking.

With the Bunker's incompetence/bias/corruptness and the raft of rule changes that allow officials to control the result more than ever before I fear that the premiers this year will be the team that is the luckiest, not the best.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2