Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll going againt the grain here.

I like Davey, I do, good honest player and seems a good character. That said he is not a player that is going to move the needle for us.

If we could keep him for peanuts great but with Parra and the Dogs keen and obviously willing to pay more I'm ok with him going.

He will be 31 starting next season and there is nothing in his game that I can't see Ben Trbojevic or Zac Fulton offering next year.

Obviously reported he was going back to parra & now confirmed the bulldogs... not sure what is worse!

Can't we just give tapau up now & entice him to stay!

Can't see him getting many games over there as opposed to being a starter here!
Just shows what cash or lack of it we have, I'd say we've spent a lot on upgrades on 3 or 4 players. Or, unless we're saving what coin we have left on Foz doing a backflip.

I'll going againt the grain here.

I like Davey, I do, good honest player and seems a good character. That said he is not a player that is going to move the needle for us.

If we could keep him for peanuts great but with Parra and the Dogs keen and obviously willing to pay more I'm ok with him going.

He will be 31 starting next season and there is nothing in his game that I can't see Ben Trbojevic or Zac Fulton offering next year.
Agree with this (although not convinced about Ben T or ZF being able to replicate this next year - but hope they can).

Given the salary cap constraints the club has, as much as most of us really like Davey, he became surplus when we signed Kelma Tuilagi.

Guaca is a certainty then one spot between Kelma T, Ben T, Karl L, Zac F and even Josh S if the 6 jumper doesn't work out.

Even though I rate Davey more than most of those others, we have that position covered.

Honestly the spot we need filling is 5/8 as I’m yet to believe “ no look” is the right man for the job.

How much better has our captain played ( and yes not every game ) with Foran on the other side.

Assuming Manase gets off then maybe they can reinvent Croker.

Im not the first to say it but I reckon leave Sandwich at fullback and give Turbo a crack at being up in the line.

But 5/8 is vital and we really don’t have one after this year.

Im not the first to say it but I reckon leave Sandwich at fullback and give Turbo a crack at being up in the line.

I have been saying for years that Turbo will be the best 2nd rower in Manly's history .... but the numbnuts just laugh at me ....

How we let this bloke go confounds me ... and none of the players I've seen named as replacing him could hold a candle to him ... it's a bloody nonsense .. if he wanted more money ,,, we should have just paid it .

You r right. Not.

Get rid of Haumole or Ben T to accommodate a contract upgrade?

How we let this bloke go confounds me ... and none of the players I've seen named as replacing him could hold a candle to him ... it's a bloody nonsense .. if he wanted more money ,,, we should have just paid it .
Manly's decision to prioritize the Schu at 6 meant Foran was gone.

Manly's decision to sign Kelma Tuilagi meant Davey was gone.

It's really as simple as that when your salary cap is stretched.

I guess it was about how much upside they thought there was compared to other players

They must have thought the Ben T’s of the world have a higher ceiling than Andrew D

Not saying it is right but I can understand the thinking

Manly's decision to prioritize the Schu at 6 meant Foran was gone.

Manly's decision to sign Kelma Tuilagi meant Davey was gone.

It's really as simple as that when your salary cap is stretched.

Agree, And letting Marty go after Aloiai resigned for two more years.

Some people here seem to be unable to understand salary cap and the decisions that the club have to make.

Don't think it's about money. Reports are suggesting he'll be a value proposition/budget signing for the Dogs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2