Andrew Davey

First Grader
Premium Member
100% Tragic Eagle

The whole letter to managment thing has been way overblown. I've no doubt when he last resigned he was sold on being our 5/8 then we went and picked up Foran. Fair enough, Shuster is young so cops learning for a few years. Then there is talk of Foran resigning....I think it is entirely reasonable for Shusters management to have those discussions.

The weight discussion I'll cop to an extent as he needs to work on his conditioning but injuries are a factor.

And no credit given for him giving up on a world cup, A WORLD CUP to focus on Manly.

It's a curious one in my eyes.

I'm still backing him for big things in a Manly jersey

Last edited:
Reserve Grader
Thank you for proving me correct.

As detailed by others, Schuster himself has never had a bad word to say about Manly. He has always been humble and a polite young man.
Outside of not playing last week due to indifferences with the club. And also his management forcibly claiming the 5/8 role for him without him earning it over one of the premier halves of the past ten years and a club legend. Actions speak louder than words. And at the moment he’s doing sweet **** all to make me think otherwise.

Outside of not playing last week due to indifferences with the club. And also his management forcibly claiming the 5/8 role for him without him earning it over one of the premier halves of the past ten years and a club legend. Actions speak louder than words. And at the moment he’s doing sweet **** all to make me think otherwise.
Sadly - I have to agree. Little effort on the field this year.. overweight - so little effort off the field to get in shape... entitled and demanding his shot at 5/8... a member of the Boycott 10.... sounds like a player you want to build a club around. He is uber talented - absolutely but gee struggling to see where the word team is in his vocabulary... all about me and I from what I can see and wanting to live on the hype but not actually putting in the effort.

Tragic
Premium Member
There are always many issues that cause disharmony and only those close to the player and Des know what is really going on. What we see on the field is a product of a number of contributing factors. Directing harsh criticism towards a young player and focusing on him looking over weight based purely on the very few minutes we have seen him on a football field the last few months is very poor form and unnecessarily mean.

He was great in 2021 but the critics on here choose to forget that. Some facts other than comments in brackets are as follows:

1. He hasn't play much football at all this season due to injury initially and then being given very little game time.
2. His fitness in these circumstances is below par.
3. We have are a professional organization with fitness coaches. (Are they doing their job? Not so sure the way the team has fallen away at the back end of some games this year).
3. Des did not give him much time on the field even when were down on troops against St George. (Why?).
4. He has not been sent to play for Blacktown and get match fitness. (Why not?).
5. Des rates Foran ahead of Schuster and has done so throughout 2021 and 2022. Foran has played very good football and has deserved his selection. (I expect Des is very unhappy about his old mate going to the Titans. I doubt that was Des's preference or decision.

But hey lets kick a young man in the guts when he is not in the coach's favor and missing selection.

The coach is required to find a way to help players to be the best of themselves. I can't see constantly putting road blocks up as the sensible or constructive way to achieve that goal.

I cant see the rationale in the Neanderthal argument he either has it in him or he doesn't because that is just removing responsibility from those that have the responsibility to help these young kids come through the grades and develop and be able to handle regular first grade football. They need help and mental discipline can be strengthened and taught at any age.

The problem with this argument is how well Schuster played consistently during 2021 so he clearly has it in him.

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
The Andrew Davey Perspective .....

There are players that are on big money that underperform

and there are the Andrew Davey Budget players that give you value for money

Great buy by the Bulldogs

Mutual Bulldogs fan here, my Dads a mad manly fan so I genuinely support you guys as a second team in some sense, is Davey a solid buy for us? He played really well yesterday in my opinion. Cheers

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Mutual Bulldogs fan here, my Dads a mad manly fan so I genuinely support you guys as a second team in some sense, is Davey a solid buy for us? He played really well yesterday in my opinion. Cheers
Give my regards to your Manly Dad .

Andrew Davey may not be a Star rep player but he is the Rock that illuminates the team

Andrew Davey will be great value for you guys . He always competes . Always gives 100%

Like Topine and Palasia
Hands off Topine haha, nah u probably could make a play for him. I hated how Baz and now Potter dont play him enough but play flops like ex-manly great Corey Waddell and a washed Josh Jackson. It’s annoying and i very much see him leaving and joining a club like Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
20 18 2 314 38
20 15 5 222 32
20 14 6 113 30
20 13 7 195 28
20 13 7 54 28
20 12 8 108 26
20 12 8 51 26
20 11 9 107 24
20 10 10 -33 22
20 9 11 -8 20