Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Also fits the Parra narrative, that they would likely now pay more for him then they could have when they had the opportunity to re-sign him a few years back before he came to us haha!
Well not a hope in hell he should be going back there - he is a quality person and quality player. If we think we have a pack that can do without him... our recruitment have no effing idea!

Heard Parra want him back for 2023 ; after they considered him surplus. With Tuilagi coming I don't think we will chase Davey too hard at the end of this year. I echo the sentiment, he is a hard nut and needs to be on the 17 and maybe even the 13. Tuilagi comes in and out of games, not sure he will match the consistency Davey provides.

He needs to be retained he’s one of our best forwards!
Agreed - I don't care how flashy the new forwards are... we would have to sign 10 great forwards and get rid of everyone except Jake and Haumole for Davey to not be in our best 17 and yes to me he is in our best 13 every day of the week. All our forwards except Jake and in defence Croker fade in and out of games virtually every week. Even Haumole had a cracking first half last week and a good second half but he also fades in and out week after week. The only other forward who you know you get 100% on every play is Davey. I am not sure he has made a handling error all year - if he has - maybe 1.... his missed tackle count must be negligible. His attention to the game plan and what he is required to do in both attack and defence is first class. He simply does not nod off and forget about covering up inside... he doesn't rush up out of the line and leave a hole or rush up and miss. He does all the 1%ers that all the others don't except Jake. Teams absolutely need a couple of rocks in the pack that give the forwards structure, balance and who do all the dirty work.... all the crap work that others don't do and that the fans never ever see. Davey is that dude!

Agreed - I don't care how flashy the new forwards are... we would have to sign 10 great forwards and get rid of everyone except Jake and Haumole for Davey to not be in our best 17 and yes to me he is in our best 13 every day of the week. All our forwards except Jake and in defence Croker fade in and out of games virtually every week. Even Haumole had a cracking first half last week and a good second half but he also fades in and out week after week. The only other forward who you know you get 100% on every play is Davey. I am not sure he has made a handling error all year - if he has - maybe 1.... his missed tackle count must be negligible. His attention to the game plan and what he is required to do in both attack and defence is first class. He simply does not nod off and forget about covering up inside... he doesn't rush up out of the line and leave a hole or rush up and miss. He does all the 1%ers that all the others don't except Jake. Teams absolutely need a couple of rocks in the pack that give the forwards structure, balance and who do all the dirty work.... all the crap work that others don't do and that the fans never ever see. Davey is that dude!
davey is a goer, like rambo Ron Gibbs 😁 I am showing my age here-lol

Would think that Manly would be keen to re sign Davey but maybe only on a modest contract and even for another 2 seasons could be problematic . Very reliable and solid and pleasingly looks like he has shaken off his previous injuries issues . Could be a similar situation with Lane a few seasons ago , Eels offering more money then Manly would be prepared to even though they were keen to retain Lane as well . Not sure that Tuilagi would be an improvement if Davey does leave but only time will tell i guess . Some promising Manly forwards coming through but Davey is a proven performer now

sigh

Just because some dirt snodgers on "twitter" say parra want Davey back it doesn't mean it's true and it doesn't mean he wants to go.

It's so easy to trigger through speculation it's breathtaking.

Andrew has already played more games for us than Parra.

While money can 'rule all' if you're Parra you're approaching Andrew saying: "Hey you know how you were with us for three years and we only gave you 10 games then didn't really try too hard to keep you? Do you wanna come back to us?"

Even forgetting how he's made Manly's run on side, and Manly have brought him back in after he was out for a whole season, etc, Andrew may tell them to er... 'go away' (if it's even true).

Anyway...what do I know? Maybe Parra will offer him 7 years at 1 mill a year.

With Tuilagi arriving next year I say he will be starting with Hmole. I guess it’s a bit of a straight swap for Davey if he isn’t retained.
I really like Davey so it’s a bit of a shame that he won’t get another contract with us next year. He seems to be a Dessie type player (Mr Reliable)

With Tuilagi arriving next year I say he will be starting with Hmole. I guess it’s a bit of a straight swap for Davey if he isn’t retained.
I really like Davey so it’s a bit of a shame that he won’t get another contract with us next year. He seems to be a Dessie type player (Mr Reliable)
Do you have a crystal ball?

With Papalii going, they’ve probably promised him a guaranteed starting role each week.

I think in his latest interview he mentioned he lives with RCG and still is mates with most of the Parra boys.

Makes sense.
Thought he lived with Shaun Lane as well? Sounds like with both of them based on that.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8