Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des Hasler once said to me ( at one of the functions we had ) and in response to my question which was “ we’ve made the top 4 Des so what sets us aside from the other 7 to win this thing “.

He said , “ basically the top 4 all are about the same level so it really comes down to attitude , belief in your mates and the will to succeed , oh and if you’ve got some great leaders the others will follow”.

The month , August
The venue , Crown Plaza, Gold Coast
The year,..........2008
Which is basically what i said Mark.

1) A good attitude is first and foremost(they tend to be the self motivators with a good work ethic no matter what and offer a consistency in performance you can rely on)
2)Because you know the players inside and outside of you are working with a good attitude you feel apart of a team, you have belief in each other to be their for each other when times are tough on and off the field.
3)Leaders in the team keep highlighting standards and push levels of performance in themselves and others.

Right now our player mix in terms of the above is not right, i could go through a list of what i think is the negative personality traits in the team and where the mix is lacking but it can easily be shot down as "you're an outsider, what would you know of each individual" and we are back to square one or i end up being seen as "not a true supporter".

Too many players in this squad fit inside these categories,
Needing a father figure, A confidence player, lacking maturity off the field, playing within themselves/protecting themselves, lacking leadership.

Which is basically what i said Mark.

1) A good attitude is first and foremost(they tend to be the self motivators with a good work ethic no matter what and offer a consistency in performance you can rely on)
2)Because you know the players inside and outside of you are working with a good attitude you feel apart of a team, you have belief in each other to be their for each other when times are tough on and off the field.
3)Leaders in the team keep highlighting standards and push levels of performance in themselves and others.

Right now our player mix in terms of the above is not right, i could go through a list of what i think is the negative personality traits in the team and where the mix is lacking but it can easily be shot down as "you're an outsider, what would you know of each individual" and we are back to square one or i end up being seen as "not a true supporter".

Too many players in this squad fit inside these categories,
Needing a father figure, A confidence player, lacking maturity off the field, playing within themselves/protecting themselves, lacking leadership.
I don’t think it’s too hard to pick out who you’d be targeting on this and it’s an opinion and opinions are like arseholes ( everyone has one ) so go hard or go home I reckon !!

No doubt the success we had in 2007/08 came off the back of the input of Ben Kennedy in 2005-06, we lack that genuine leader now undoubtedly.

And the players just moulded together ( poker parties and the like ) and you could see they were a team!!

As you know there’s no “ I” in team and in my opinion one of the things really lacking currently is a team attitude / culture ....watch how the young Panthers go just to see how that works.

I don’t think it’s too hard to pick out who you’d be targeting on this and it’s an opinion and opinions are like arseholes ( everyone has one ) so go hard or go home I reckon !!

No doubt the success we had in 2007/08 came off the back of the input of Ben Kennedy in 2005-06, we lack that genuine leader now undoubtedly.

And the players just moulded together ( poker parties and the like ) and you could see they were a team!!

As you know there’s no “ I” in team and in my opinion one of the things really lacking currently is a team attitude / culture ....watch how the young Panthers go just to see how that works.
Hopefully the purchase of Foran can deliver some "run it f**k ya" moments during the season, problem is Foran is not going to play hard like the previous leader he was and as such won't be able to lead by example----will just piss others off if he plays soft and comes up with such a comment.

Jake is a potential leader by his actions and effort plays but the way he speaks sounds like an angry primary school kid not getting his way.

I don't mind naming names when i feel performance attributes or skill level are exaggerated or under-estimated but all i will do naming names on this topic is start a long ass thread that goes beyond my time and patience these days.(maybe in 2008 i would deliver a long dribble thread but not 2020)

I hope the purchase of Foran is not just a case of "back to old times" and it is DCE and Foran in the halves, surely Des can come up with something better than "what was old is new again"---i hope 2012 isn't his last year of innovation that made a difference.

Thanks, interesting story indeed. I liked the glimpses I saw of him last year, seems to have game awareness and is does all the one-percenters. He's a big body too. He'll certainly be in the mix for a backrow or bench spot, along with the likes of Siro, Jetski and Haumole.

Good on him. I hope he does really well with us.
Love for him to be a Shane Rodney type player for us. No frills but solid and dependable - all teams need this sort of player, unless you have a salary cap sombrero.

I loved Shane Rodney great player & underrated. Let’s hope Andy is equally as good. Looks like a good style of person as well. Could end up being a really good signing.

Interesting little article on our new backrower

Thank you for this inspirational article feathered friend
Most people that come into our lives bring something to the table

What our new back rower brings to our club is a yearning Passion to play at the highest level and his resilient Character should be an inspiration and lift all our players as
Quality competition raises the bar

They say a man with passion is a dangerous man and maybe Davey will be the one that will put up his hand and roll up his sleeves and be the forward enforcer that all of us fans crave for

There is a difference between tacklers and enforcers
A tackler only brings a player down
An enforces not only brings a player down but also breaks the players spirit as well
Carve the basterds up Andrew Davey !!!

Thanks @Chip and Chase for an interesting feel-good article. Goes to show dreams can come true! He's worked so hard to get here and hopefully he'll do well. What a great role model for the young guys.

Good on him. I hope he does really well with us.
Love for him to be a Shane Rodney type player for us. No frills but solid and dependable - all teams need this sort of player, unless you have a salary cap sombrero.
Shane Rodney was such a dependable player - he and Luke Williamson were very similar in what they bought to the Eagles. Great club men with great effort every minute of every game. Both not hugely talented but gee wonderful players for us. If Davey is half as good as either of them we will get our money's worth.

Shane Rodney was such a dependable player - he and Luke Williamson were very similar in what they bought to the Eagles. Great club men with great effort every minute of every game. Both not hugely talented but gee wonderful players for us. If Davey is half as good as either of them we will get our money's worth.

Ah Willo. I still remember when he made his debut for the Adelaide Rams in Super League in 1997 as an 18 year old. He debuted as a centre against the Auckland Warriors at Mt Smart and a pressure goal kick from wide and near the 40 helped the Rams to a rare win away from home. He actually wore the #51 for Adelaide (remember, back then SL actually let players choose their own number. It saw just about all 10 teams have a #23 because that's what Jordan wore for the Chicago Bulls. Such imagination lol).

Pity his first coach was Rod Reddy.

Ah Willo. I still remember when he made his debut for the Adelaide Rams in Super League in 1997 as an 18 year old. He debuted as a centre against the Auckland Warriors at Mt Smart and a pressure goal kick from wide and near the 40 helped the Rams to a rare win away from home. He actually wore the #51 for Adelaide (remember, back then SL actually let players choose their own number. It saw just about all 10 teams have a #23 because that's what Jordan wore for the Chicago Bulls. Such imagination lol).

Pity his first coach was Rod Reddy.
He was a super player for us. Grit and determination personified.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2