Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welcome to the Silvertails experience Andrew... a place where you can go from a world beater to an also ran on the very same day. Our “expert” opinions are highly esteemed amongst ourselves except when we disagree, which is most of the time.
I haven't seen what they said about him on the 1eyedeels but if it's like anything else I've seen there he's got an easy ride on the silvertails....

Caveat : unless he's the next lewis brown!

Slow? He's a bull at a gate. Runs hard as. Good player
I'm with @The better Robbo. I think Davey is a top signing. Some of you choose to see a 28 year old debutant as a negative. I'm very much against you. This lad was wearing an Emerald Cowboys and Moranbah Miners jumper not that long ago. Your right it's a bloody long way away from the NRL. I can tell you now this lad would have fought hard on those footy fields. He would have had to fight even harder to buck the trend just to get a start in the top grade at 28. Give me a fighter with some line speed and determination any day. I can only speak for me, I've been nothing but impressed with what he's produced on the big stage. The path he's taken and what he's overcome to get there, its part and parcel of why he will be a great signing. Give it your best Andy.

I just haven’t seen anything that excites me. Happy to be proven wrong, but I think it’s a dud signing.

Lol, always cracks me up reading the “couldn’t even make the Eels” type chat on here. A quick refresher of initial opinions of some of the 2008 squad when we signed them or halfway through their opening seasons

Robertson “can’t even make the Canberra side, dud”
Matai “can’t defend, will never be a first grader”
Lyon “fat, useless, overrated piece of ****”
Orford “hopeless, will never win a comp with him in the 7”
Kite “can’t catch, waste of money”
Ballin “Bennett reject, why would we want him”
Perry “Newcastle don’t want him, must be ****”
Hall “reserve grader at multiple clubs, crap”
Bryant “Mark who, can’t even make the **** raiders, why do we want him”

Move onto later years and you have the likes of Galuvao “rusty told him to become a priest, useless and will offer nothing”

Moral of the story - Judge guys on what they produce when they are actually here

Last edited:
Lol, always cracks me up reading the “couldn’t even make the Eels” type chat on here. A quick refresher of initial opinions of some of the 2008 squad when we signed them or halfway through their opening seasons

Move onto later years and you have the likes of Galuvao “rusty told him to become a priest, useless and will offer nothing”

Moral of the story - Just guys on what they produce when they are actually here
Just to balance things out ...
This is another perspective . The Parra eels forum perspective of Davey

I'm developing a man crush on this fella...great start to his NRL career and delivering amazing value for money - well done Andrew and well done Parra for helping him realise his potential

I'm a fan, when Davey came on and offloaded to Gutho he changed the momentum of the game that lead to the RCG try - also put a good hit on that grubby tigers prop, given his age and maturity I'm sue the big moments wont phase him I'd like to see take a permanent spot on the bench

I too am a big fan of what I have seen so far. There is just something special about Davey. As he gets more comfortable he will blossom. Nononse foward, hard working with hidden skills still to be displayed.

The 'new' David Gower...He's impressed me so far with good, hard runs, a bit of a step and obviously has an offload. Doesn't miss too many tackles either.

Davey is doing awright, makes you wonder why he has not played FG a lot earlier than this.

When BA put him in to replace Matterson I was surprised like the commentators that he went on instead of marata. But it was great because marata played middle to replace brown and both players did a fantastic job. He is great cover for both Matterson and lane.

• I thought he played well. Solid in defence and didn't shirk from takinghis share of hit ups and can offload. Would have him on the bench instead of Evans as it seems there is more to it than injury for him, maybe attitude as he has 1 foot out the door I'm hearing.

Just to balance things out ...
This is another perspective . The Parra eels forum perspective of Davey

I'm developing a man crush on this fella...great start to his NRL career and delivering amazing value for money - well done Andrew and well done Parra for helping him realise his potential

I'm a fan, when Davey came on and offloaded to Gutho he changed the momentum of the game that lead to the RCG try - also put a good hit on that grubby tigers prop, given his age and maturity I'm sue the big moments wont phase him I'd like to see take a permanent spot on the bench

I too am a big fan of what I have seen so far. There is just something special about Davey. As he gets more comfortable he will blossom. Nononse foward, hard working with hidden skills still to be displayed.

The 'new' David Gower...He's impressed me so far with good, hard runs, a bit of a step and obviously has an offload. Doesn't miss too many tackles either.

Davey is doing awright, makes you wonder why he has not played FG a lot earlier than this.

When BA put him in to replace Matterson I was surprised like the commentators that he went on instead of marata. But it was great because marata played middle to replace brown and both players did a fantastic job. He is great cover for both Matterson and lane.

• I thought he played well. Solid in defence and didn't shirk from takinghis share of hit ups and can offload. Would have him on the bench instead of Evans as it seems there is more to it than injury for him, maybe attitude as he has 1 foot out the door I'm hearing.
Evans is off to NZ

Evans is off to NZ
That was from the parra forum . Not from me .

Moral of the story - Just guys on what they produce when they are actually here

Ben Kennedy copped an absolute pasting too. Turned out pretty good.

That’s where I learnt my lesson lol, thought he was a terrible signing when we announced him
We have all learned our lessons and I hope Des has learned his as well as he has not won a comp since 2011 .

I love you Des but I love you more when you are winning comps for the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Moral of the story - Judge guys on what they produce when they are actually here
Actually all those posters were spot on. The players you mention only started improving after reading the advice we were giving out here. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4