Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If we are signing him it would also be for what he brings off the field. He's not an immature kid and he obviously could teach our kids about perseverance, dedication and patience. And about not spitting the dummy if at first you don't succeed.
I don't know if Davey is a leader. But he has a great story, especially if he finds himself playing with a team, who gives up everytime something doesn't go their way, or game gets a little tough.

Forwards don't hit their straps til late 20's in my eyes.

It would be such a better signing then people are giving credit for.

My reply was purely aimed at the annoying copy and paste quotes or words of wisdom types who feel by merely promoting such material it becomes them also.

On that one point we are in 100% agreement ....

But consider, how many people, as a percentage, do you believe are self motivators ? ... and I accept that the number in any team of elite athletes is higher than the statistical norm by nature ... however, whether you call it a motivational speech, an inspirational lecture, a call to arms, a focusing of minds on a shared endeavour ... or simply a wind up ... the coach that is no good at it or a poor people manager will not succeed ...

Long after the rational and well planned tactics are out the window ... all that remains is desire ... for self, team or a chance to shag the cheerleaders ... it doesn't really matter ... but in a team sport the biggest motivator in hard times generally comes down to a look, a word or an action of a team mate or coach ...

But consider, how many people, as a percentage, do you believe are self motivators ? ... and I accept that the number in any team of elite athletes is higher than the statistical norm by nature ... however, whether you call it a motivational speech, an inspirational lecture, a call to arms, a focusing of minds on a shared endeavour ... or simply a wind up ... the coach that is no good at it or a poor people manager will not succeed ...

Long after the rational and well planned tactics are out the window ... all that remains is desire ... for self, team or a chance to shag the cheerleaders ... it doesn't really matter ... but in a team sport the biggest motivator in hard times generally comes down to a look, a word or an action of a team mate or coach ...
Des Hasler once said to me ( at one of the functions we had ) and in response to my question which was “ we’ve made the top 4 Des so what sets us aside from the other 7 to win this thing “.

He said , “ basically the top 4 all are about the same level so it really comes down to attitude , belief in your mates and the will to succeed , oh and if you’ve got some great leaders the others will follow”.

The month , August
The venue , Crown Plaza, Gold Coast
The year,..........2008

Last edited:
For me the ceiling could be a Mark Bryant type of useful toiler from the bench who is good for team culture and trains well. If the contract is the right amount (close to minimum) it’s all upside, but I don’t see him being a superstar. Probably lands in the 18-24 for depth.

I don't know if Davey is a leader. But he has a great story, especially if he finds himself playing with a team, who gives up everytime something doesn't go their way, or game gets a little tough.

Forwards don't hit their straps til late 20's in my eyes.

It would be such a better signing then people are giving credit for.

I agree. He's an old fashioned type player. I almost expect him to run out in an old pair of boots that cover the ankle and have steel studs.

Look out for him to be the only one pushing in a scrum.

We've made worse signings than this. Plenty of Worm fans asking why he was let go.

Des Hasler once said to me ( at one of the functions we had ) and in response to my question which was “ we’ve made the top 4 Des so what sets aside from the other 7 to win this thing “.

He said , “ basically the top 4 all are about the same level so it really comes down to attitude , belief in your mates and the will to succeed , oh and if you’ve got some great leaders the others will follow”.

The month , August
The year,..........2008
I was there too

Des Hasler once said to me ( at one of the functions we had ) and in response to my question which was “ we’ve made the top 4 Des so what sets aside from the other 7 to win this thing “.

The month , August
The year,..........2008

Coaching is a juggling act of personalities, luck, and talent ... the great Jack Gibson was asked "what is the hardest thing about coaching" .. he answered, giving your team a reason why they must win this game ,, every week

At the end of the day we can motivate a mule as long as we like
The mule is not going to win the Melbourne cup for us
I think we all get the meaning

No it won't ... but then again, nobody with half a wit would enter a mule in the Melbourne Cup in the first place ...
The moral of the story was not about the mule and the cup . It was about Motivation can only get some people so far but not far enough feathered friend

The moral of the story was not about the mule and the cup . It was about Motivation can only get some people so far but not far enough feathered friend

The example was completely irrelevant and nonsensical ... saying you can't motivate a mule to win the Melbourne Cup is just asinine ... why not a duck, or a or a Koala Bear ...

Pretty much confirms it I’d say
One question for you feathered friend ...
I have not been watching the finals
Can you please tell me how dominant was this Davey as compared to all the dominant forwards that made their mark and made a difference in the finals ?

The example was completely irrelevant and nonsensical ... saying you can't motivate a mule to win the Melbourne Cup is just asinine ... why not a duck, or a or a Koala Bear ...
So you dont get the moral of the story . Is that what you are saying ?

On Davey's Instagram his just started following manly

That seems to be the go to for announcements these days - which I don't mind.

If there's no backflips on the horizon I get the clubs have to wait before taking the official line, but I'm more than happy hearing it from a forum member who has checked out an Instagram account - then waiting for a 'scoop' from one of these so called journos. Might make them redundant!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8