Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good point . The storm do have great competitors and it looks like as all say on here we have signed another cheep player that is rated by all ok and great back up .
Which brings another good point
Which was the last big money name player that the storm Brought ?
Answer .. The storm does not buy big names . They buy no names that are not just back up potential but break out potential and become great players for bargain prices .
The moral to the story ...
There is no excuse for capitulating and not making the finals
Anyone can succumb to excuses and only the greats come up with solutions and prevail
If the Cap does not fit big name money players then the Brain must go and find bargain priced potential players like the storm do and have made the finals for 15 years straight .
Could not agree more Bozo. This was our MO too in our last golden era 2007-2013. Ridiculous politics and even more ridiculous KPI's and assorted corporate crap cost us what was the beginning of a Storm style dynasty.

Andrew Davey played his way from park, to 1st grade bench, to starting second rower in a huge semi final game. Watched every game he's played, and he is amazing to be honest. Runs slick lines. Plays the ball fast. Is very up tempo.

Exactly what we need.

EXCUSES ARE COMFORT ZONES THAT ALWAYS LEAD TO FAILURE
View attachment 15664
Not another person online who thinks forwarding inspirational/motivational quotes makes an ounce of difference, would rather watch a Rocky IV training montage clip.

Almost as pathetic as when Rugby League players write things on their forearm padding or wrist straps---it's all for show.

Not another person online who thinks forwarding inspirational/motivational quotes makes an ounce of difference, would rather watch a Rocky IV training montage clip.

Almost as pathetic as when Rugby League players write things on their forearm padding or wrist straps---it's all for show.
Lodge wrote a very meaningful word on his wrist tape once

I dont think we are on the same page feathered friend . Enjoy your Rocky movie

Well known for it, and apparently rallies the troops amazingly.

Well known for it, and apparently rallies the troops amazingly.

I don't have a problem with Coaches making speeches to try and inspire the troops.(not a fan of it from a personal perspective as i motivate myself)

But sending pics of famous quotes comes across as trying too hard to appear you are someone you really are not.

I don't have a problem with Coaches making speeches to try and inspire the troops.(not a fan of it from a personal perspective as i motivate myself)

But sending pics of famous quotes comes across as trying too hard to appear you are someone you really are not.
Or maybe some people, true supporters, choose to spread positive vibes regardless of what form they take...instead of high school wise cracks and better-than-thou witty banter like Mr "I motivate myself"... lol douche

Or maybe some people, true supporters, choose to spread positive vibes regardless of what form they take...instead of high school wise cracks and better-than-thou witty banter like Mr "I motivate myself"... lol douche
I would rather be a self motivating "douche" than a copy and paste "true supporter" any day of the week.

Outsiders can inspire you but motivation should always come from within.

I would rather be a self motivating "douche" than a copy and paste "true supporter" any day of the week.

Outsiders can inspire you but motivation should always come from within.
Well said. But let others spread their message in their own way, without the need to give them ****. Some of the best motivators in all industries have been copy and paste people, because the truest wisdoms are as old as time itself, and just sometimes it takes a few choice words to inspire a person - maybe just the catalyst a mind needs for that light to switch on. No need to bag someone for trying to spread positivity. Save your ammo my friend for obnoxious trolls. No one cares what "you would rather be"...pure ego chattering away

Last edited:
Well said. But let others spread their message in their own way, without the need to give them ****. Some of the best motivators in all industries have been copy and paste people, because the truest wisdoms are as old as time itself, and just sometimes it takes a few choice words to inspire a person - maybe just the catalyst a mind needs for that light to switch on. No need to bag someone for trying to spread positivity. Save your ammo my friend for obnoxious trolls
Agree with the sentiments, but runs both ways....a supporter saying something "negative" about a poor Manly team or player performance, does not make them any less a fan.
Certainly agree about motivation, comes in many forms and that's why as a coach...have to have a variable approach for each individual, its all about balance and accepting we all have different views that deserve to be respected, not necessarily agreed with.
As a fan on this forum it is different as you have to phrase your opinion to everyone and can't approach differently, so everyone views it differently, long as the posts are from a valid Manly fan, I don't give a rats if it's different to mine....I may disagree or debate, but always respect fellow Silvertail supporters opinions.

Agree with the sentiments, but runs both ways....a supporter saying something "negative" about a poor Manly team or player performance, does not make them any less a fan.
Certainly agree about motivation, comes in many forms and that's why as a coach...have to have a variable approach for each individual, its all about balance and accepting we all have different views that deserve to be respected, not necessarily agreed with.
As a fan on this forum it is different as you have to phrase your opinion to everyone and can't approach differently, so everyone views it differently, long as the posts are from a valid Manly fan, I don't give a rats if it's different to mine....I may disagree or debate, but always respect fellow Silvertail supporters opinions.
Hey def not talking about bagging a team or it's performances! I'm here to talk footy, and more specifically, manly...the good, the bad, and the ugly. But can't help myself sometimes if someone digresses and gives **** to a long time supporter simply for spreading the love

Hey def not talking about bagging a team or it's performances! I'm here to talk footy, and more specifically, manly...the good, the bad, and the ugly. But can't help myself sometimes if someone digresses and gives **** to a long time supporter simply for spreading the love
I agree. Who’d want to give xxxx to a true supporter - that beer sucks, at least give them a Kronenberg or Carlsberg. That new James Squire: Broken Shackles is a tasty brew as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6