Aloiai Vs Afb Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm unsure why fans struggle to be able to say 'It sucks we've lost him'.
It does with AFB. He is by far the best prop in the comp (or close w/ Papalii).

You can provide 'stats' that don't really give the picture - Total Stats are far, far, far different from average stats.

AFB Averaged 166m for the season, and averaged 185m halfway through the season, Josh's NRL Profile has been taken down I think (can't seem to access it - probably getting changed to a Manly profile), but from memory it was 133m. Addin also provides a lot better flair in attack. Defensively he isn't as good though I'm sure.

I do like Josh's signing a lot. I think its exactly what we need, a good solid front rower with NRL experience who averages nicely over 100m+ a game.

Josh's highest ranking stat for props in 2020 was 15th for 'decoy runs'. AFB was up there with the most metres for any forward on average across the NRL. Big big difference.

The value proposition of AFB is that we can rebalance the squad - which we seem to be doing - which I think will pay off in the long run. 850k is it steep? Yes, so not the worst idea.

But Jake is on 950k and Marty is reportedly on 700-750k... AFB is better than both so he still provides better value ON THE FIELD... Jake isn't worth nearly 950k... but he smartly negotiated with his brother so that we get both for basically 2m a season. Without Jake we probably lose Tom, so more than happy to pay the overs there i guess.

At the end of the day AFB didn't want to be here so I thought it was handled very well by the club in the end.

But is Josh better than AFB? No chance.

Will Josh be a good signing? Definitely.
I never for one said it was great we lost him. I believe it was a great loss... initially. But on reading more and more of his off field tom foolery and possible gang affiliations and the influence he was having on the younger guys it was clear it was the right move. Now is he a quality prop yes. Will we miss him yes. Have I ever said Aloiai is better - nope - and I haven't read anyone saying that. Maybe they have but I haven't read that. And anyone can throw stats and interpret them how how they want and I might be wrong about Aloiai thriving here and his offloading ability going through the roof with a fit Turbo and now Schu, DCE, Cust trailing him. Will he get the same metres as AFB - I would say no - will he play the ball quicker - how the hell do I know or anyone for that matter - remains to be seen and not sure anyone keeps those stats - certainly not on these forums. Will he do more defence - yes I think there is no doubt. Will he sting in defence - yes he can - is he a more mobile and better defender than AFB - I would think so. Now does the "new" game suit AFB - I am not sure - we will see. So there are swings and roundabouts - I just have not read anyone saying Aloiai is better - he is different... maybe he fits the new game better. But we will see.

I'm unsure why fans struggle to be able to say 'It sucks we've lost him'.
It does with AFB. He is by far the best prop in the comp (or close w/ Papalii).

You can provide 'stats' that don't really give the picture - Total Stats are far, far, far different from average stats.

AFB Averaged 166m for the season, and averaged 185m halfway through the season, Josh's NRL Profile has been taken down I think (can't seem to access it - probably getting changed to a Manly profile), but from memory it was 133m. Addin also provides a lot better flair in attack. Defensively he isn't as good though I'm sure.

I do like Josh's signing a lot. I think its exactly what we need, a good solid front rower with NRL experience who averages nicely over 100m+ a game.

Josh's highest ranking stat for props in 2020 was 15th for 'decoy runs'. AFB was up there with the most metres for any forward on average across the NRL. Big big difference.

The value proposition of AFB is that we can rebalance the squad - which we seem to be doing - which I think will pay off in the long run. 850k is it steep? Yes, so not the worst idea.

But Jake is on 950k and Marty is reportedly on 700-750k... AFB is better than both so he still provides better value ON THE FIELD... Jake isn't worth nearly 950k... but he smartly negotiated with his brother so that we get both for basically 2m a season. Without Jake we probably lose Tom, so more than happy to pay the overs there i guess.

At the end of the day AFB didn't want to be here so I thought it was handled very well by the club in the end.

But is Josh better than AFB? No chance.

Will Josh be a good signing? Definitely.
Was possibly the best prop. Im not sure why people have such a hard time saying WAS....

I never for one said it was great we lost him. I believe it was a great loss... initially. But on reading more and more of his off field tom foolery and possible gang affiliations and the influence he was having on the younger guys it was clear it was the right move. Now is he a quality prop yes. Will we miss him yes. Have I ever said Aloiai is better - nope - and I haven't read anyone saying that. Maybe they have but I haven't read that. And anyone can throw stats and interpret them how how they want and I might be wrong about Aloiai thriving here and his offloading ability going through the roof with a fit Turbo and now Schu, DCE, Cust trailing him. Will he get the same metres as AFB - I would say no - will he play the ball quicker - how the hell do I know or anyone for that matter - remains to be seen and not sure anyone keeps those stats - certainly not on these forums. Will he do more defence - yes I think there is no doubt. Will he sting in defence - yes he can - is he a more mobile and better defender than AFB - I would think so. Now does the "new" game suit AFB - I am not sure - we will see. So there are swings and roundabouts - I just have not read anyone saying Aloiai is better - he is different... maybe he fits the new game better. But we will see.
My comments were in response to this direct quote in the post
" Are we really going to miss Afb ,I think not ! "

I also never said anyone said it was great we lost him. Rather, people are trying to say he ISN'T a loss... which he is.

I agree with your view on the off field issues he has. My comments are merely in response to ON FIELD comparison between Josh & Addin, which was what the original post was about - statistics of on field performance.

My comments were in response to this direct quote in the post
" Are we really going to miss Afb ,I think not ! "

I also never said anyone said it was great we lost him. Rather, people are trying to say he ISN'T a loss... which he is.

I agree with your view on the off field issues he has. My comments are merely in response to ON FIELD comparison between Josh & Addin, which was what the original post was about - statistics of on field performance.
Yep but never did I say Aloiai was better - not once and no I don't think we miss AFB for the reasons outlined and you can't dismiss the off field from the onfield - that was the AFB package. You can't say ohh if we just forget the off field - that is the guy he was/is sooo I will stand by my are we going to miss AFB... I think not.

What about finding out how many penalties each player conceded?
What about how many team mates they both have pist off

He was seen as a gun at the dragons for a short time and no doubt will help NZ in the short term also

Until he grows up,I think he will be a transient player that will wonder what could have been

but ,on his day he is one of the best

At the end of season, AFB was (debatably) the best prop in the comp... but we didn’t win the flag in 2020.

The comp isn’t won by only having the best 17.
Its about having the best value for money in your salary cap.

Losing AFB on big coin may have allowed for us to sign these younger outside backs which is an areas we struggled with in 2020.

Aloiai seems a solid prop option (although I still have concerns about some past off field antics) and I think will be a suitable forward rotation option to allow us to progress elsewhere within the squad.

Bring on 2021.
Best prop in 2020 do you mean? 2019 yes but in 2020 he played like a busted arse. Disinterested and lazy.

Yep but never did I say Aloiai was better - not once and no I don't think we miss AFB for the reasons outlined and you can't dismiss the off field from the onfield - that was the AFB package. You can't say ohh if we just forget the off field - that is the guy he was/is sooo I will stand by my are we going to miss AFB... I think not.
Firstly, and again, i never said you (and never singled you out) were saying you think Aloiai is better than AFB. If you could show me where I alluded to thatthat would help

Secondly I’m not forgetting the off field. I said I agree with your views re off field, and what our management did handling the situation was great.

I merely responded to what this post is - Titled “Aloiai vs AFB stats” in which the poster, and many others (including yourself now), would say “we won’t miss AFB”

I also said AFB leaving could be good in terms of salary cap management and team balance. Team balance was a huge problem for us.

I find it hard to believe how any team can “not miss” the departure of one of the best players in the competition in his position. That was my argument.

Objectively he was one of the best players in our team, on field, in his position, and when you are going to replace him with another player that is worst statistically (which is objective), you are going to miss him. Can Josh aim up? Of course. But i just feel it’s premature and a coping mechanism for most manly fans who praised him as the best prop in the comp, to now turn around and go “good riddens we wont miss him” and pretend like he isn’t as good as he is.

Considering the topic of the title is “Stats AFB vs Aloiai” I think it is probably more relevant to focus on STATS and ON FIELD PERFORMANCE

Best prop in 2020 do you mean? 2019 yes but in 2020 he played like a busted arse. Disinterested and lazy.
Did he really?
I can’t seem to remember all of us saying that before round 15? I think you’re definitely anchoring heavy to the back end of the season (when we had already missed finals too, and he had probably been tapped on the shoulder)

I seem to remember most silvertails here declaring him the best in the comp, or at least there abouts.

He was also voted the Best Prop in the Comp by the NRL players for 2020...

Firstly, and again, i never said you (and never singled you out) were saying you think Aloiai is better than AFB. If you could show me where I alluded to thatthat would help

Secondly I’m not forgetting the off field. I said I agree with your views re off field, and what our management did handling the situation was great.

I merely responded to what this post is - Titled “Aloiai vs AFB stats” in which the poster, and many others (including yourself now), would say “we won’t miss AFB”

I also said AFB leaving could be good in terms of salary cap management and team balance. Team balance was a huge problem for us.

I find it hard to believe how any team can “not miss” the departure of one of the best players in the competition in his position. That was my argument.

Objectively he was one of the best players in our team, on field, in his position, and when you are going to replace him with another player that is worst statistically (which is objective), you are going to miss him. Can Josh aim up? Of course. But i just feel it’s premature and a coping mechanism for most manly fans who praised him as the best prop in the comp, to now turn around and go “good riddens we wont miss him” and pretend like he isn’t as good as he is.

Considering the topic of the title is “Stats AFB vs Aloiai” I think it is probably more relevant to focus on STATS and ON FIELD PERFORMANCE
Sorry - no need for coping mechanisms here - I just calls it as I sees it. Anyway no further comment from me required. Moving on.

At the end of season, AFB was (debatably) the best prop in the comp... but we didn’t win the flag in 2020.

The comp isn’t won by only having the best 17.
Its about having the best value for money in your salary cap.

Losing AFB on big coin may have allowed for us to sign these younger outside backs which is an areas we struggled with in 2020.

Aloiai seems a solid prop option (although I still have concerns about some past off field antics) and I think will be a suitable forward rotation option to allow us to progress elsewhere within the squad.

Bring on 2021.

This is what it’s all about !!

Will we miss AFB, absolutely!!

Is our squad better now he’s gone , absolutely!!

Remember a champion team will nearly always beat a team of champions.

I am getting frail and fragile ... and the mind wanders ... but do I remember us beating Easts at the beginning of last year without AFB ... and was it the year before we won a game without both AFB and Kapow ?

Would be interesting to see if there is any difference in our win/loss with and without AFB ... but I don't know how to find it ..

Clearly AFB would be up near the top of these stats as well but this certainly shows the sort of form Josh is in:

@joshaloiai currently sits 4th overall for metres made in the front row position. With big names of Burgess, Klemmer & Fisher- Harris only average 15 or less more metres per game ahead of him. // #blokeinabar #nrl

Did he really?
I can’t seem to remember all of us saying that before round 15? I think you’re definitely anchoring heavy to the back end of the season (when we had already missed finals too, and he had probably been tapped on the shoulder)

I seem to remember most silvertails here declaring him the best in the comp, or at least there abouts.

He was also voted the Best Prop in the Comp by the NRL players for 2020...
Payne haas klemmer papalii all WAY better last season. Throw in junior Paulo as well... afb was ok last year but those 4 really shined. Especially haas who plays 80 minutes.. how can you compare him to afb who plays 50

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4