Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aloiai Vs Afb Stats

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Aloiai brings other things to the table to counterbalance the fact that he might not gain as many metres per run as AFB and might not yet offload as much. He can offload just been rare so far with us. However I am guessing he is fitter and does more runs per game, certainly more tackles and certainly he can race up off the line and put on a shot - something I never saw AFB do. AFB is high quality when not injured but Aloiai's all round game is probably better in my opinion. Aloiai with Jake I think are our forward leaders who lead by example - all game every game. So far Aloiai plays well from the first minute to the last and I would think in every game so far has been amongst our best and certainly when we were losing. Fabulous signing for us.
No stats but facts .....
Our Terrier AFB at our time was our most dominant forward and I remember as soon as he would come off to the interchange we would lose dominance up the middle

Kevinward777

First Grader
Reaction score
What would've been awesomer ,was when we were giving them one of the top forwards in the game ,our awesome recruitment team could have gotten a swap deal at the same time and taken the unwanted Issiah Pappali.
I was under the impression that it was done to ease salary cap pressure.

manly al

Bencher
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any side would miss AFB " s presence but with more mobility in Alioia , Haumole and Schuster in the pack now and the new rule adjustments. , not a bad trade off and a bit more upside if these type of forwards can get in plenty of quality minutes when they are on the paddock .

Mataiforerver

Bencher
Reaction score
I remember afb coming back early from injury like jake and not being upto scratch. Then he was suspended for the ref thing and had injuries.. how many games did he play? Haas plays 80 every week afb cannot. Not one aspect of afbs game is better imo. Papalii last year was the best or equal to haas because of his impact on games scoring tries or offloading for tries. This year yes he has fallen of the perch. Klemmer last year was very good he played big minutes developed a great offload and ran for big meters. Afb was a beast in 2019 but its 2021 now and he isnt near the best... mainly because he's injured but he was looking very good wasn't he? He apparently is skipping surgery so i think you'll see him line up against us in a few weeks. Jr Paulo was good last season as well... the props have all fallen a bit this season maybe the new rules i dunno but no real standouts except fisher Harris and haas who just came back
jr paulo is the softest prop in the comp
really really good at attacking, but again his offense is a similar styel to afbs - moving / stepping at the line and holding the ball in two hands. granted paulo has better hands but both big men move similarly except paulo plays less minutes and is a bit softer for mine.

each to their own. at the end of the day we are comparing manly now vs manly before and I know that keeping AFB over Taupau would have been the better decision

Bring back the.... Biff?

Captain/Coach
Reaction score
jr paulo is the softest prop in the comp
really really good at attacking, but again his offense is a similar styel to afbs - moving / stepping at the line and holding the ball in two hands. granted paulo has better hands but both big men move similarly except paulo plays less minutes and is a bit softer for mine.

each to their own. at the end of the day we are comparing manly now vs manly before and I know that keeping AFB over Taupau would have been the better decision
850k was too much that is absurd money. Afb > Marty

Harry Smith

Bencher
Reaction score
Originally I was happy we let AFB go. He was without a doubt our best forward but our pack was too one-dimensional and our second-rowers never had any involvement (it was basically all on the props). We needed a change to the dynamic of our pack.

Now, after watching several weeks of Aloiai, Olakautau, Schuster, Paseka, Sipley, Davey (for two weeks :(), Taupau and Keppie I feel exactly the same.

Sure AFB tore up for us, and was doing so for the Warriors early this season (who he really suits btw), but our pack as a whole is much better this year imo and don't fade like they did when AFB/Taupau used to come off. Our back-row has a much larger influence now and our props are much more versatile. Paseka is taking on more responsibility and alongside Aloiai, Taupau and Sipley is involved in a mobile, yet still powerful front-row

manlyfan76

Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our bench of Kapow, Sipley and Haumole is friggin awesome at the moment.
I think Aloiai and Paseka can keep their starting spots but Guac should start with Keppie at 17.

JakeyB789

Reaction score
Haven’t missed AFB one bit. The current front row rotation of Paseka, Aloiai, Marty and Sipley is the best it’s looked in years and they all give quick play the balls which AFB struggled with. Yes he made huge metres but with his questionable attitude and knees I think we 100% made the right move letting him leave, just wish he was playing this weekend so we could really give it to him

globaleagle

Apollo, Starbuck, Adama, Boomer
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
stat update:

afb - injured

Aloiai - injured

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Jeez we are going to miss the big fella the next three months !!

it’s a battle out there for which team still has a full side to pick from.

Panthers currently injury free.

Staff online

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 9 9 0 0 200 18
2 Eels 9 8 0 1 136 16
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 184 14
4 Rabbitohs 9 7 0 2 61 14
5 Roosters 9 6 0 3 123 12
6 Dragons 9 5 0 4 24 10
7 Titans 9 4 0 5 -1 8