All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hypothetically if we miss pearce and sign lamb is it really the end of the world. It means we get to keep all of our young players which should be our priority anyway. We didn't build this squad just to sign pearce (way over his value) and end up losing some of these young guns who are about to fire in first grade.
If we get lamb we then have hastings lamb croker and cullen all fighting it out for one position. All are young and have potential to be stars in the nrl. Croker was touted as the next big thing coming out of canberra before his injuries. Hastings is surely due to finally hit his straps and lamb is seen as a long-term starting 5-8 and on top of this we still have cullen. Surely one of the 4 could and will step up to the plate. Plus it allows us to retain our whole squad going forward.

Yep I'm concerned about it don't want to come across as a downer but getting Pearce may seem like a win but in the end we could lose someone more important. I see why the club wants him but it comes with huge risks (not talking about off field issues). I guess if he signs an we win a comp all worries are gone. I guess I should just trust Baz he has done a fine job so far and I like his style.

Who writes these articles seriously. Absolute idiots.
Not really.

Heading to Newcastle involves huge pressure, a re-build and a relocation. He doesn't need money so the carrot being dangled in Newcastle is not overly tempting.

We have a pretty average backrow, a salary cap question mark hanging over our heads and the real possibility of having to offer a back-ended deal.

The Sharks have the coin, no salary cap issue and Wade Graham running off Pearce's hip. They've just signed Moylan, and Townsend will happily play second fiddle.

The Sharks certainly appear to have some leverage in their favour. I can see why they're favourites. I mentioned twice on the forum last week that he definitely hadn't signed us and that's still the case. Green was a coincidence. I'm hearing a decision could be made as early as tomorrow.

I do hope he comes but if he doesn't, it won't be the end of the world.

Last edited:
Not really.

Heading to Newcastle involves huge pressure, a re-build and a relocation. He doesn't need money so the carrot being dangled in Newcastle is not overly tempting.

We have a pretty average backrow, a salary cap question mark hanging over our heads and the real possibility of having to offer a back-ended deal.

The Sharks have the coin, no salary cap issue and Wade Graham running off Pearce's hip. They've just signed Moylan and Townsend will happily play second fiddle.

The Sharks certainly appear to some leverage in their favour. I can see why they're favourites. I mentioned twice on the forum last week that he definitely hadn't signed us and that's still the case. Green was a coincidence. I'm hearing a decision could be made as early as tomorrow.

I do hope he comes but if he doesn't, it won't be the end of the world.

The journalists have no idea whatsoever who is "favorites" because Pearce hasn't told anyone! Only he knows who he is leaning towards.

Its all speculating and having a guess just to fill a space for an article

The journalists have no idea whatsoever who is "favorites" because Pearce hasn't told anyone! Only he knows who he is leaning towards.

Yeah but they're not idiots for speculating...they are weighing up the pros and cons and coming to the conclusion that the Sharks are a big chance, and they are.

It was all well and good for our forum to go into premature backslapping mode and celebrate the wonderful signing of Pearce last week based on speculation concerning Green being released and Supreme Leader hearing that he signed whilst holidaying overseas.

Last edited:
Mid 2015 we would have shat ourselves with delight if Elgey signed with us. Things are on the up. Part of me desperately hopes we don’t get Pearce, so I can go back to death riding him and hoping he goes nowhere near the NSW side either.

But on the other hand he has matured a lot and I think we would bring out the best in him.

Yeah but they're not idiots for speculating...they are weighing up the pros and cons and coming to the conclusion that the Sharks are a big chance, and they are.

It was all well and good for our forum to go into premature backslapping mode and celebrate the wonderful signing of Pearce last week based on speculation concerning Green being released and Supreme Leader hearing that he signed whilst holidaying overseas.

Who wld wanna go to the gummies with that arrogant dhead flanagan running the show.. Really ! Why wld he go their when he can get the same money of us.. We beat them everytime we play them. They choked this year & have a habit for doing it ...

From the forum:

Barrett on Mitchell Pearce. “We are still in the fight. We can’t match the money Newcastle are going to throw at him. I can’t put the club in jeopardy and I have a lot of kids here I want to retain so I can’t risk that. I really want him to come. “

How was the turnout and any other information of note?

Lamb is well, a plausible alternative. If your future employer talks about an alternative to you - younger, cheaper - then how does that affect your salary negotiations when you once had them over a barrel, dead to rights*.

*Billions reference

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8