All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lamb is young which is a plus.
Although with that comes inexperience and effort. And potential to either improve or decline dramatically. Not only is he not worth the short term risk, he'd also have potential to be a long term mistake

I don't buy the less pressure at Manly everybody who pulls on a Manly jersey instantly has more pressure than drugcastle we have history of being a succesful club and anybody who play's for us feels it.
Yeah, i agree, although I feel Pearce is a player who likes challenges. He could've stayed with the Chooks and earnt easy money doing nothing, but wants to prove his worth

Again take it on face value but the source that mentioned the structure has been the delay with everything has just told me that the Knights have put forward a deal of around 1.3m a year over 5 years today. He’s apparently yet to go back to them.

Manly still are the front runners but need to manage the structure and potentially offload players.

Although with that comes inexperience and effort. And potential to either improve or decline dramatically. Not only is he not worth the short term risk, he'd also have potential to be a long term mistake

Could say that about every signing made, in the current lineup Api, Kelly, AFB etc, so I couldn't really use that as a point to not get him. Wasn't around when we signed him but same could have been said about Cliffy probably and that turned out ok

On the stats earlier, not really surprising that a young guy, on a team that had won a handful of games in a few seasons, wouldn't have stats that match up to representative, veteran halfbacks in finals lineups

I don't understand the Lamb bagging on here tbh, young guy with plenty of potential that improved dramatically as the season went on, and kept Newcastle in the hunt in more games this season than we have seen them previously

Obviously I'd have Pearce first, and behind that I wouldn't mind seeing Hastings get a crack if it comes to it, but if we signed Lamb I wouldn't be complaining either, he is an obvious talent who I believe will only go upwards, and he has already shown a lot more at NRL level than Cullen has

I don't buy the less pressure at Manly everybody who pulls on a Manly jersey instantly has more pressure than drugcastle we have history of being a succesful club and anybody who play's for us feels it.
I get what you're saying Jigzkiller, but playing for drugcastle will be like playing for NSW. Everytime we lose a game or series we tend to blame MP, the same will be at drugcastle. He'll be the star buy and be expected to win every play in every game. That's far too much pressure when you don't have other quality players around you who can take some of that pressure off you. At Manly at least he'll have DCE, Turbo, Walker and then to some extent the forwards in Jake, Taupau and Api.

Maybe, but at Newcastle mate he will be their best player and the pressure will be on him individually to perform with the whole circus that comes with it . If he goes to Manly , yer he'll still have a bit of pressure but it won't stick out like DOGS NUTS with the star players around him as to say a Newcastle .

I get what you're saying Jigzkiller, but playing for drugcastle will be like playing for NSW. Everytime we lose a game or series we tend to blame MP, the same will be at drugcastle. He'll be the star buy and be expected to win every play in every game. That's far too much pressure when you don't have other quality players around you who can take some of that pressure off you. At Manly at least he'll have DCE, Turbo, Walker and then to some extent the forwards in Jake, Taupau and Api.
Cheers mate you beat me to it .

From the forum:

Barrett on Mitchell Pearce. “We are still in the fight. We can’t match the money Newcastle are going to throw at him. I can’t put the club in jeopardy and I have a lot of kids here I want to retain so I can’t risk that. I really want him to come. “
Bravo baz. Mitch buys into culture he building where not gonna break bank to lose kids.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some question tonight at the member's forum in relation to the signing or non-signing of Pearce.

Was anyone there ? I'm sure he'll dodge the question but his reaction might give some insight into whether it's a chance of happening or not.

From Reading the Play: In like with my mail around an increased offer.

“So far Pearce has knocked back 2 offers from Knights. Today they tabled a 3rd, upgraded (number of years) offer.”

I think the 48 hours Baz mentioned will be just as much about us trying to sort out the structure of an offer as Pearce weighing up the Knights offer.

If we can sort out the structure he’ll be here. There may be initial back ending though and a restructure of the deal in coming seasons.

Last edited:
Hypothetically if we miss pearce and sign lamb is it really the end of the world. It means we get to keep all of our young players which should be our priority anyway. We didn't build this squad just to sign pearce (way over his value) and end up losing some of these young guns who are about to fire in first grade.
If we get lamb we then have hastings lamb croker and cullen all fighting it out for one position. All are young and have potential to be stars in the nrl. Croker was touted as the next big thing coming out of canberra before his injuries. Hastings is surely due to finally hit his straps and lamb is seen as a long-term starting 5-8 and on top of this we still have cullen. Surely one of the 4 could and will step up to the plate. Plus it allows us to retain our whole squad going forward.

Stats can be deceptive in areas such as these. Trent Hodkinson played with more authority and class than Lamb, and that's saying something given the state Hodkinsons health and fitness is in.

No, no, no, no, no

DCE | Lamb | Pearce
games: 23 | 21 | 20
tackles: 543 | 370 | 465
line breaks: 5 | 3 | 8
try assists: 19 | 8 | 14
tries: 5 | 5 | 7
hitups: 184 | 191 | 219
run metres: 1268 | 1082 | 1298
Those are pretty good stats for a rookie. You’re comparing him to a couple of the best halves in the game.

Hypothetically if we miss pearce and sign lamb is it really the end of the world. It means we get to keep all of our young players which should be our priority anyway. We didn't build this squad just to sign pearce (way over his value) and end up losing some of these young guns who are about to fire in first grade.
If we get lamb we then have hastings lamb croker and cullen all fighting it out for one position. All are young and have potential to be stars in the nrl. Croker was touted as the next big thing coming out of canberra before his injuries. Hastings is surely due to finally hit his straps and lamb is seen as a long-term starting 5-8 and on top of this we still have cullen. Surely one of the 4 could and will step up to the plate. Plus it allows us to retain our whole squad going forward.
Spot on Robbo , i think we all want instant success and who knows , but the future is looking bright just hope its not to far away lol.

Could say that about every signing made, in the current lineup Api, Kelly, AFB etc, so I couldn't really use that as a point to not get him. Wasn't around when we signed him but same could have been said about Cliffy probably and that turned out ok

On the stats earlier, not really surprising that a young guy, on a team that had won a handful of games in a few seasons, wouldn't have stats that match up to representative, veteran halfbacks in finals lineups

I don't understand the Lamb bagging on here tbh, young guy with plenty of potential that improved dramatically as the season went on, and kept Newcastle in the hunt in more games this season than we have seen them previously

Obviously I'd have Pearce first, and behind that I wouldn't mind seeing Hastings get a crack if it comes to it, but if we signed Lamb I wouldn't be complaining either, he is an obvious talent who I believe will only go upwards, and he has already shown a lot more at NRL level than Cullen has
That can be said about anybody, but halves are so vital to everything. To have someone that 'just has potential' is a complete risk

Those are pretty good stats for a rookie. You’re comparing him to a couple of the best halves in the game.
True it appears that way, although as I said earlier stats are deceptive, and when you compare him to the worst halves in starting teams he is still on par with them, statistically just, just above Hodkinson. DCE and Pearce play bigger roles in sides, and stats can't really dictate how much of an influence these two players have on their sides

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10