All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hypothetical

Forget about the name...
This player is on the market

Games: 238?
SOO Games: 17
Premierships: 1
Minor Premierships: 3
GF's: 2
WCC: 1

Does he have a point to prove?: YES
Averages > 20 games per season: yes
Does our club want him? : yes ( apparently )

Would you want him at our club?

Yes or no?

Last edited:
Hypothetical

Forget about the name...
This player is on the market

Games: 238?
SOO Games: 17
Premierships: 1
Minor Premierships: 3
GF's: 2
WCC: 1

Does he have a point to prove?: YES
Averages < 20 games per season: yes
Does our club want him? : yes ( apparently )

Would you want him at our club?

Yes or no?

Just checking doesn't he play >20 games per season? apart from SOO he is rarely out

Just checking doesn't he play >20 games per season? apart from SOO he is rarely out

Damn you Dan!
Bloody got my maths symbols mucked up ( fixed now ).
Yes, he averages over 20 games per season ( apart from one dog of a season ) plus SOO - which is good yeah?

So...on those raw stats above, would you take him?

Damn you Dan!
Bloody got my maths symbols mucked up ( fixed now ).
Yes, he averages over 20 games per season ( apart from one dog of a season ) plus SOO - which is good yeah?

So...on those raw stats above, would you take him?

..the wider part eats the smaller number :)

I know you like a bet........
Look the truth is I really hope I am wrong and I would never take any bet against Manly.

I really want some of the new on potential signings to turn out to be gems.

And if we get Pearce, I will be stoked as the number 6 for me was the biggest need.

But I still stand by my opinion that since 2014 our recruitment has been more miss than hit.
To be fair to the club they have been dealing with massive back ended contracts until fairly recently (so they have had to take more punts than you would like)

Iv
Yes it's a fair side ......but the absolute key is Pearce now..........

Playmakers are what defines teams (thats why they command the big bucks) and DCE can't carry this team on his own.
Green didn't give us enough.

I have said all off season that if we get a top class 6, we will be a chance.

That is why I hope the Manly guys go all out on Pearce now...................I just can't see where the money comes from.
(i really don't believe Pearce will knock back $300k a season if the Knights offer is true)

(p.s. Pearce would never have been my first choice......but he seems all that's left for us now)[/QUOTEI I agree and ive said it all along as pretty well everyone on this forum , if we can get a 6 and a backrower we'll be top 4 .Now green has been released its a must that we fill the void left and we will .

So DT says we only have $500,000 left in our cap.

How the Hell can that be ?

How smaller is our cap than the Roosters, Dogs, Dragons.

Other teams can get 2-3 big stars recruited in.

So upgrading contracts is taking up snakes and Matais contract. Plus the 2 million increase in cap.

Is our cap management that bad r our players that gready?

LEGENDS BACK PEARCE TALKS
Menzies, Toovey say Mitch would be good for Manly and club good for him

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Mitchell Pearce scores in Origin 2 this year. Picture: Mark Evans

SEA Eagles legends Steve Menzies and Geoff Toovey say former Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce would be a good signing and a welcome addition to the club.

Manly, Cronulla and Newcastle are vying for Pearce’s signature now that he is a free agent.

“He (Pearce) has been one of the club’s best players the last couple of seasons, I’m sure any club would stick their hand up and say, ‘Please come’,” Menzies said.

“Obviously he is a quality organiser … he is an amazing player, he would definitely bring a lot.”

Menzies’ message to Pearce is that there is a good culture at Manly and the club is on the rise with good young players coming through.

Toovey said Pearce was a great player who would be a good signing for any club. “But to have two quality halves in one team really pushes your salary cap to the brink,” he said. Manly have a vacancy in the halves after releasing five-eighth Blake Green to the Warriors. Toovey said it would not matter if Pearce or skipper Daly Cherry-Evans was halfback and the other five-eighth. “Realistically, what you want is an organisational halfback and probably a halfback that would run,” the former top halfback said.

The race for Pearce has hotted up with reports the Knights are set to offer him a $1.1 million a season deal.

Former Knights star and media personality Matty Johns has been pushing the case for Pearce to move to his former club.

“I’d love him to go to Newcastle... I just know how good it will be for Mitchell,” Johns said on his Triple M radio show.

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manl...cle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2017/11/23&entity=ar02001

So upgrading contracts is taking up snakes and Matais contract. Plus the 2 million increase in cap.

The DT says we only have 500,000 left in our cap
I say piss off the most Inadequate Lewis Brown who is on over 300,000 and we have over800,000

I agree and know it has been well read.

Will be good to be in town more regularly now and open up more dialogue
Good luck with the move home. There are lots of great thing about being back in Oz I was an expat for 15 years and we and many of the other expats we know found the move home harder than the move away. It's strange it takes awhile to adjust and ****en expensive.

Good luck with the move home. There are lots of great thing about being back in Oz I was an expat for 15 years and we and many of the other expats we know found the move home harder than the move away. It's strange it takes awhile to adjust and ****en expensive.
Yeah the cost of australianis insane and the expense too but everyone else manages it and we will too.

I’m looking forward to my kids having a lifestyle and upbringing like I had

Can’t wait and hoping to catch up with many here this season.

I might even start working on a Silvertails get together and event

The cap is irrelevant these days. We could only offer him 500k from cap but another 500k from tpa making him a 1 million dollar a year deal. Who knows

We wouldnt be chasing Pearce if we only have 500k, the DT just making up figures.

I doubt we would have 500k after losing Stewart and Matai, buzz rothfield is a sharks fan and they're going after Pearce Also, id say we have about 600-650k and once we get rid of Hastings we would have 800-850k

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8