All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You're sure that Pearce isn't going to sign? Also Metcalf, Kelly, J Wright, Parker, and even Hastings and Lane, as well as the 7 players from our premiership winning Toyota Cup side, are ALL based on potential. And therefore, are very astute. Wright is a more than handy back up should any of the starting 1 through 5 get injured. Then we have DCE, Tom, Jake, Walker, Tapau..all stars, who are complemented by Uate, Tafua, Sironen, AFB, Lussick, API, Perrett, who are above average first graders, or at the very least first graders with a huge ceiling of potential. Add to that Paseka, Tanginoa, Sipley, Lane, Gosiewski, Parker, J Wright, Metcalf, Kelly, our U20's. If 2 or more of these boys fire....WOW. And lastly, maybe Pearce. My opinion is, you are very wrong, and if Sportsbet had a market where I might be able to wager a bet on how very wrong I think you are... I wouldn't be shy when it came to throwing the dollars down.

I know you like a bet........
Look the truth is I really hope I am wrong and I would never take any bet against Manly.

I really want some of the new on potential signings to turn out to be gems.

And if we get Pearce, I will be stoked as the number 6 for me was the biggest need.

But I still stand by my opinion that since 2014 our recruitment has been more miss than hit.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Not sure we have that much respect but I and everyone has worked hard to make the site credible, functional, fun and informative.

Last year was a good year and I was able to open good dialogue with a number of parties and even being out of country have managed to work on those relationships.

I like seeing the site grow and would love nothing more than to see it grow even more in the coming years

Never undersell what you’ve created Dan, and whilst you may only have started dialogue in recent years I for one know all the CEO’s I dealt with were avid readers.

And you can bet Lyall Gorman ( Hi Lyall and welcome to the club) or his social media guy Liam ???? ( Hi Liam) will be no different.

Any respectable CEO would view this as a window to what the real fans think, far far more so than those **** Facebook pages that anyone can “ like” and comment.

They at least know the posters on here are genuine fans, well, at least most!

Never undersell what you’ve created Dan, and whilst you may only have started dialogue in recent years I for one know all the CEO’s I dealt with were avid readers.

And you can bet Lyall Gorman ( Hi Lyall and welcome to the club) or his social media guy Liam ???? ( Hi Liam) will be no different.

Any respectable CEO would view this as a window to what the real fans think, far far more so than those **** Facebook pages that anyone can “ like” and comment.

They at least know the posters on here are genuine fans, well, at least most!
I agree and know it has been well read.

Will be good to be in town more regularly now and open up more dialogue

Look the truth is I really hope I am wrong and I would never take any bet against Manly.

And if we get Pearce, I will be stoked as the number 6 for me was the biggest need.

But I still stand by my opinion that since 2014 our recruitment has been more miss than hit.

I think the hit and miss comment is pretty right.

After the pain of losing our superstars , and then a coach, we wouldn’t of exactly been “ destination number 1” for quality players.

BUT, that’s changing, we are a club “ on the move” now.

I only see good things ahead.

I agree and know it has been well read.

Will be good to be in town more regularly now and open up more dialogue

If they are smart they should engage you more.

I don’t think you’ll ever get “ official status” ( not with what is said on here at times), but’s there’s advantages for them in embracing the platform.

As you well know I tried my best during my time there to see a closer relationship but a certain staff / board member blocked every move.

Be patient , it’ll happen.

The rumour was that he was tapped on the shoulder and told he will likely play in the no.14.

The club wants to extend Keary, so Pearce was going to have to fight for his spot. Also Cronk was never going to play 5/8 so Pearce would have to play at 6 (although 6 and 7 are interchangeable these days). Also its a kick in the guts to be replaced by a guy who has 2 years at best.

Pearce to Manly would likely see DCE shift to 5/8, like Thurston did. DCE is also a strong defensive half so he should have no issue in the no.6.
Hes already a 6

That's it mate, I certainly never thought you didn't have Manly doing well in your heart. The fact you have all those signatures of old legends (and some lesser known battlers) who wore the maroon and white with pride is testament to the fact you've been a Manly man for longer than many on here. I am just of the firm belief that we are on the cusp of a few very good years.

Last edited:
I have ridiculed my boss (Rooster man, obviously) for years about Pearce and his failures. Yeah, they got us in '13 but SBW won that game for them (with a little help from Wolfman), and Pearce's opposite number won the Churchill medal! Looks like karmas gonna bite me in the ass if he lands with us!
Karma is a bitch all right. Done deal.

And,,,,I do enjoy a punt here and there.

You're sure that Pearce isn't going to sign? Also Metcalf, Kelly, J Wright, Parker, and even Hastings and Lane, as well as the 7 players from our premiership winning Toyota Cup side, are ALL based on potential. And therefore, very astute additions. M Wright is a more than handy back up should any of the starting 1 through 5 get injured. Then we have DCE, Tom, Jake, Walker, Tapau..all stars, who are complemented by Uate, Tafua, Sironen, AFB, Lussick, API, Perrett, who are above average first graders, or at the very least first graders with a huge ceiling of potential. Add to that Paseka, Tanginoa, Sipley, Lane, Gosiewski, Winterstein, Cullen and Croket. If 2 or more of these boys fire....WOW. And lastly, maybe Pearce. My opinion is, you are very wrong, and if Sportsbet had a market where I might be able to wager a bet on how very wrong I think you are... I wouldn't be shy when it came to throwing the dollars down.
Jeez when you go through the players you just named , we've got a pretty fair side on the park in 18 .

Know how you feel, brad. I think, on paper and past performances, that he's an upgrade on Green, but whether he fits in with the rest of the team is one of those things we'll just have to wait and see. It could be a horrible mistake. Then again, it might be a masterstroke. Who knows?
Be interesting to know how Roosters fans (yes - both of them) feel about losing him. I'm guessing they're pretty confident Cronk is a step up.
No question. Would have been great for us to get Cronk, but no one except Easts we’re allowed to approach him - bought by Mr Politis AM months ago.

Given the way that the rumour mill has heated up in the last 48 hours I'm guessing we'll be announcing the Pearce signing in the early-to-mid hours of afternoon tomorrow.

Possibly Monday.

Last edited:
Whoever was (is) doing deals for us needs to be replaced for us to only have 500k left in cap is laughable. Oh wait a minute the story is written by pisshead rothfield who is clearly doing the bidding for the sharks. If it is true (a big if) I'm not a fan of us getting into these back ended deals again they always come home to bite.
Absolutely true in both respects!

MANLY skipper Daly Cherry Evans has unselfishly volunteered a positional switch to five-eighth to pave the way for Mitchell Pearce’s signing at the Sea Eagles.

Pearce insists he wants to play at No.7 and has been given that guarantee by Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett with the blessing of DCE, according to Manly sources.
Wow, just wow....I never thought DCE would voluntarily switch from 7 to 6 to lure Pearce. I've always admired DCE but I under-estimated how special he is. :)

Jeez when you go through the players you just named , we've got a pretty fair side on the park in 18 .

For sure man.....we are on the up!

Yes it's a fair side ......but the absolute key is Pearce now..........

Playmakers are what defines teams (thats why they command the big bucks) and DCE can't carry this team on his own.
Green didn't give us enough.

I have said all off season that if we get a top class 6, we will be a chance.

That is why I hope the Manly guys go all out on Pearce now...................I just can't see where the money comes from.
(i really don't believe Pearce will knock back $300k a season if the Knights offer is true)

(p.s. Pearce would never have been my first choice......but he seems all that's left for us now)

Ive been a member here for over 2 years but hardly ever post.. i come on to have a read and mostly find myself having a laugh...

Our retention and recruitment is so s#@t....hmmm

DCE
TURBO
JAKE
MARTY
WALKS
KILLA
API
SIRO
JORGE
LUSSIK
GREEN
A.F.B
All quality fitst grade NRL players

HASTINGS
CULLEN
M WRIGHT
PARKER
KELLY
FRANK
PERRETT
TANGINOA
BROWN (even though i can't stand him)

ALL solid NRL backups that EVERY CLUB needs.. we can't have 26 super stars.

Then you look at our youngsers
T WRIGHT
PASEKA
FAINU and Co
Not to mention the huge potential shown by our U18 and U16.
Hoppa
Ben T

We sign
Croker
Sipley
Gosiewski

ALL have promise.

We have only let go of players we didn't want or need.

Lawrence ( personal fav.. but why stand in the way of him setting himself up for life after footy)

Ferris ( personal favorite but i got over it.. broken body)

Green
Myles
Not to mention 30 odd others over the last 3 seasons.. players who are gone and are nobodies.. (Knight..who)
Other than Clint Gutho who at the time of moving him on we did so with not only the teams interest but his interest so he could get a real crack at the NRL.

We sign one of the best Sports administrators in Gorman

And we have a committed coach who actually gets the Manly culture in Barrett.

We are now on the verge of signing Pearce and still for so many no brain half wits..

We suck, the club sucks. Retention of players sucks, recruitment sucks, blah blah blah..
Go support another club.. because Manly is about winning. We have been doing it for years with a "what ever it takes mentality" and "real" Manly supporters will get that..

We are actually in great shape on and off the field ( and yes that includes the Penns, who may be business people but they are all Manly people) and we will only get better..

Bring on Pearce and then poach a big bopper and edge backrower for 2019.

2 premierships in the next 5 years.. standard

How many times in the last few seasons has any of those three teams actually sold out the venue? Also, I know the Wanderers and the cheats are two of the teams you're alluding to, are the Giants leaving spotless? And does population growth in a particular area necessarily equate to an exponential growth in terms of support for the local NRL team? I'd imagine there might be a fair number of people from South West Sydney who might relocate to the Parramatta area, but I imagine they will continue supporting the Dogs.

The Giants leaving Spotless is a bit far fetched in this situation I think. Not the least because they are an AFL team who play on an oval while the new stadium is a purpose built rectangular stadium.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10