All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don’t know if the timing was just a coincidence today ( pretty funny if it was given the announcements were only minutes apart) but put yourself in Pearce’s position.

He’s 28.

If he signs at Manly for 2 years he could go back to his mates at the Rorters in 2020 aged 30, but only earns say $700k a year for 2 years.

If he signs for the Knights ( at reportedly twice money) for four years he sets himself up for life ( financially) but that’s probably the end of major success, and at 32 in 2022 he may not command big money.

If he signs for the Sharks it will probably be about the same money but he has some mates there, and the Gummies have a good side and may challenge again in 2018.

A hard choice for the young fella, glad it’s not me.

I don’t know if the timing was just a coincidence today ( pretty funny if it was given the announcements were only minutes apart) but put yourself in Pearce’s position.

He’s 28.

If he signs at Manly for 2 years he could go back to his mates at the Rorters in 2020 aged 30, but only earns say $700k a year for 2 years.

If he signs for the Knights ( at reportedly twice money) for four years he sets himself up for life ( financially) but that’s probably the end of major success, and at 32 in 2022 he may not command big money.

If he signs for the Sharks it will probably be about the same money but he has some mates there, and the Gummies have a good side and may challenge again in 2018.

A hard choice for the young fella, glad it’s not me.
Done deal Mark - remember what I said

I think we are a massive chance. Apparently been in talks for a few weeks. Manly really want this signing hence the reason they didn't sign thompson and have let green go. I think we are in the box seat, up to Barrett and gorman to convince him now!

Yer what i was saying , that its basically pointless to keep a player that doesn't want to be there . It could prove detrimental to our chances . Green went ok without being a world beater , his kicking game was his strong point but also was a turnstile in defence on occasions . He was ok mate but letting him loose was the best decision for both partys. As far as the great Dce going backwards it won't happen .
Hold on so we dont get pearce and hastings is dces partner you think dce will gave a better year than this 1? No way lol he will become the garbage man like he was in 2016 and end of this year

Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce phoned chairman Nick Politis on Monday afternoon and could not have been any clearer about how he felt about Cooper Cronk's imminent arrival at the club.

"I want to play halfback, Nick," he told Politis. "I want to lead the team around the park."

Why would he be coming to Manly. We already have a half back.
How does DCE feel if he does come?
Dce didn't lead the team green did

Please don't let this be true. I don't want Pearce at this club. Not only is he the most overrated player in the NRL, he is also a complete goose.

Besides that, he has left the Roosters because they brought in another halfback in Cooper Cronk. Why would he want to come to Manly who already have a halfback on a long term contract. Does he think he would move into the 7 here over DCE. If that happens, sack Barrett immediately.

I think Pearce will be playing for the Storm or the Tigers next season. I hope so anyway.

Pearce missed something like a record 17 drop goals before finally landing a couple last season, so not only is he yet to sign with us, but he is hardly "lethal" in golden point.
We will probably give him the goal kicking too. Well, someone has to do it.

DCE often plays as a five eighth. He's been doing it as far back as when with Foran. In fact often Foran used to feed the scrums. DCE will have no problems with the 5/8 role and besides they could switch about as the need presents itself. The pressure will be reduced significantly.

This will be as big a signing as when Manly grabbed Kennedy, if they can pull it off. Pearce has had bad press in the past, some of it because of his own folly, but he's been under the spotlight as the Roosters playmaker throughout his career and blamed for much, including in SOO, that was not his fault. He has has done a fine job. When he's been absent from the Roosters, they've struggled.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8