All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If we let green go id say we have him otherwise why release him as the club said they would only release him if we found a replacement so.. and if we haven't signed him and we Let green go then we will go back to the bottom 8
Its a tough one , keep green for 1 year when he wants to go to the warriors for 2 or 3 could have been disastrous for us . There is no point in keeping a player that does not want to be here . Whether Pearce signs or not i think we cut our losses on that one .

Like the game itself this is now a question of timing. Toddy wasn't happy at the police clearing us of match fixing the day before the world cup. So I predict he will wait until at least the day after it ala his despot signing at dogs. Manly will announce Pearce in the 6 the next day. I am going with 1 December for this to be settled. #nextweek

Its a tough one , keep green for 1 year when he wants to go to the warriors for 2 or 3 could have been disastrous for us . There is no point in keeping a player that does not want to be here . Whether Pearce signs or not i think we cut our losses on that one .
Naaaah no way man didnt you see how much green helped cherry hes the reason we did so well he ran the team kicked and got repeat sets he was our Maestro and without him who is gonna run the team hastings ? If we dont get pearce we have well and truly stuffed ourselves for next season.. green had winterstein and kelly to work with.. he did a fantastic job imo and would of beem even better this year. Watch dce go backwards without green or pearce to shoulder the load. Hastings os a back up thats all

Gorman quoted in the Herald no deal done just a coincidence (could be playing it cool) also stated he has a great relationship with Barrett. The other interesting thing if you believe it " those close to Pearce are warning him about joining a club still under investigation for possible salary cap breaches arising from Strike Force Nuralda into possible match-fixing. Key figures had their final interviews with the NRL integrity unit last week and a decision is expected before the end of the year." From Webster not sure if linking article is allowed so didn't.
So it comes down to which journo you believe? or if you're like me none.

Someone is coming, that i am sure.

If it is not Pearce then it will be the player Pearce replaces, Green would not have left unless there was a replacement.

So Townsend, Lamb, Hodko?
Oh man i didnt even think of that if hodko comes back ill eat my manly Jersey hes useless lamb and townsend are both downgrades from green but can improve in our side especially lamb hes young and went well last year at times

Pearce missed something like a record 17 drop goals before finally landing a couple last season, so not only is he yet to sign with us, but he is hardly "lethal" in golden point.

Your only as good as your last
Game and lately he has won games with his boot and with DCE they can stand either side of the dummy half
It would have more strike power than most teams....just my opinion

Should know by end of week hopefully. Pierce would be a major signing, especially since he is the heart and soul of Roosters would of been a big decision for him to leave and would want to go to a club he wants to play for and be coached by. Massive for Manly if it comes off as we would of not offered the biggest deal. Would be coming because he believes in the coach and thinks the team can be successful in the next few years.

Would suit DCE really well and both in their primes. Would be a lethal halves combo for the next 3-4 years

As a contractor you don't walk away from a contract until you have done the deal. 3 offers on the table is speculation. He will be signing a deal shortly. He lives in Mosman or thereabouts. We are defo in the mix. I expect the nrl salary cap issue is all that is preventing him from signing with us. He won't want to play if we are penalised points. Fair enough but we won't be. He knows us mighty sea eagles have the wood on easts. And revenge and sticking it up uncle Nick is the only thing on his mind. He will sign with us bar Greensburg intervention.
Of course we are in the mix but he has sought a release to negotiate with other clubs, not because he has already signed with Manly. He holds all the aces, not us. A marquee half is gold in the NRL.

Naaaah no way man didnt you see how much green helped cherry hes the reason we did so well he ran the team kicked and got repeat sets he was our Maestro and without him who is gonna run the team hastings ? If we dont get pearce we have well and truly stuffed ourselves for next season.. green had winterstein and kelly to work with.. he did a fantastic job imo and would of beem even better this year. Watch dce go backwards without green or pearce to shoulder the load. Hastings os a back up thats all
Yer what i was saying , that its basically pointless to keep a player that doesn't want to be there . It could prove detrimental to our chances . Green went ok without being a world beater , his kicking game was his strong point but also was a turnstile in defence on occasions . He was ok mate but letting him loose was the best decision for both partys. As far as the great Dce going backwards it won't happen .

Yeah I'm with Weidler...there is no way a deal with Manly could be done in such a short space of time...

Pearce just doesn't wanna stay at Easts and he is due to train with them unless he is no longer employed there, hence the release request.

It will take a monumental effort from Manly to keep him from landing at the Sharks. They seem to be able to get who they want nowadays and Pearce is close with Graham, Gal and co.

Green was released because it was going to get ugly, not because we have a replacement.

In light of all the conjecture in tonight's news including Weidler's comments, and Channel 7 stating that Manly have not signed Pearce, I rang my contacts and was told to chill out, not to worry as all will become clearer after the 10 days. The contact says the paperwork came back from US around Monday / Tuesday last week so 10 working days means Friday this week if Tuesday - not a lawyer so I was surprised it was 10 days in Australia and not from Hawaii time. I asked if he had cold feet and opted out and opinion was it was still OK. Hope he is right.

Told him about the co-incidence factor and was laughed at, and was asked if I was so stupid to believe that rubbish - it's the NRL, co-incidence doesn't happen
I guess that proves you two don't have the same inside sources, one says signed, the other says not!

Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce phoned chairman Nick Politis on Monday afternoon and could not have been any clearer about how he felt about Cooper Cronk's imminent arrival at the club.

"I want to play halfback, Nick," he told Politis. "I want to lead the team around the park."

Why would he be coming to Manly. We already have a half back.
How does DCE feel if he does come?

Of course we are in the mix but he has sought a release to negotiate with other clubs, not because he has already signed with Manly. He holds all the aces, not us. A marquee half is gold in the NRL.
If recruitment released him without a replacement that borderline incompetent. Hastings a nrl 6 is he.
Green had a contract club rolled over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10