All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

brad

First Grader
Interesting article with some quotes from Penn re: Pearce. Mentions we won’t be able to match what some other clubs can offer financially.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ntion-to-mitchell-pearce-20171116-gzmxly.html
Its a tough one on the Green situation , something to me must be happening . Green signed with us for 2 years and now wants out to sign a 3 year deal with the warriors . I know he can not walk unless we release him, but to hold him back is he going to put in for us next year ? This is why i think Manly will throw every last coin at Pearce whatever it takes to get him here and let Green go .

Mango

Reserve Grader
T
Its a tough one on the Green situation , something to me must be happening . Green signed with us for 2 years and now wants out to sign a 3 year deal with the warriors . I know he can not walk unless we release him, but to hold him back is he going to put in for us next year ? This is why i think Manly will throw every last coin at Pearce whatever it takes to get him here and let Green go .
Totally agree, unfortunatly sacrifices need to be made.
Mine would be our winger of Uate.
Love him but, but his $500k would go along way, and probably get more $ after this World Cup stint.

Mango

Reserve Grader
Yeah, my understanding Newcastle was paying the majority of his wage last year say $300k of $200k ( total assumption)
But it has been documented that we own him this year, paying full freight.
Also stated today in the media conference that we have a few players on heavily back ended contracts .

Don't think Uate is on $500k moving forward. That was his Knights 4yr contract ending in 2017 but 2018 will be his first full year with Manly and I'd say it would be a lot less than $500k.
h

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
From smh article which makes out like we have heavily back ended deals..?

"If Pearce is to shift to the northern beaches, it won't be a financial decision. Manly has several players on heavily back-ended deals and even if Green was to move on, their offer would fall short of what Pearce could command at Cronulla or Newcastle. It is believed the most the Sea Eagles could table is about $700,000 a season, while the Knights could throw almost double that amount at Pearce."

As usual the Media are about 3-5 years behind the time. I would doubt Manly use backended deals any longer given the effect it had when Hasler left.

brad

First Grader
T

Love him but, but his $500k would go along way, and probably get more $ after this World Cup stint.
Heard today that manly are looking at extending his contract , so he'll stay .

brad

First Grader
From smh article which makes out like we have heavily back ended deals..?

"If Pearce is to shift to the northern beaches, it won't be a financial decision. Manly has several players on heavily back-ended deals and even if Green was to move on, their offer would fall short of what Pearce could command at Cronulla or Newcastle. It is believed the most the Sea Eagles could table is about $700,000 a season, while the Knights could throw almost double that amount at Pearce."
In all honesty if the knights were to throw say 1.2 mill at Pearce would be laughable.

Kevinward777

First Grader
T

He was on 500k last season, of which 50% was subsided by the Knights. That contract amount expired at the end of last season. What we signed him on for in terms of next season has never been revealed. However, I highly doubt it would be half a million. Furthermore, Uate provides exactly the type of strike we’d been crying out for in 2005/06. Giving him the flick would be a major dud move. Who have we got to replace him. And don’t mention any player yet to have played first grade. As far as Uate goes, we know what we’re getting, and it’s very good.

brad

First Grader
He was on 500k last season, of which 50% was subsided by the Knights. That contract amount expired at the end of last season. What we signed him on for in terms of next season has never been revealed. However, I highly doubt it would be half a million. Furthermore, Uate provides exactly the type of strike we’d been crying out for in 2005/06. Giving him the flick would be a major dud move. Who have we got to replace him. And don’t mention any player yet to have played first grade. As far as Uate goes, we know what we’re getting, and it’s very good.
Yer he has become one of our major Attacking components and will grow in confidence after the successful world cup he is encountering.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Newcastle are a team the NRL would love to see rise as the underdogs...I get it....
Thing is - they pay massive overs and have signed plenty of players for between $200,000 - $300,000 a season more than other clubs would pay them - HUGE Overs !!
Would they really have all this Massive amount of Salary cap left ??

Kevinward777

First Grader
Newcastle are a team the NRL would love to see rise as the underdogs...I get it....
Thing is - they pay massive overs and have signed plenty of players for between $200,000 - $300,000 a season more than other clubs would pay them - HUGE Overs !!
Would they really have all this Massive amount of Salary cap left ??
Yeah, I kind of struggle to see how they are 2 mill under the cap when their signing spree has been dependent on paying significantly more than any other club would offer for players. Lillyman, Heighington, Ponga $750k, Watson $500k, Guerra, Moga, Ese’ese, Kenny Dowall. And let’s not forget Hodgkinson who’s getting $800k to play reserve grade. Then there’s us, our 5/8 is on 350k and our left centre 150k. Marty Tapau is on peanuts when you consider his ability 600k, and apart from Jake there wouldn’t be another forward close to that. One can only assume we are front loading as a way of setting ourselves up for a big recruitment drive next year, after performing so well 1.4 million less than other clubs this year.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Yer he has become one of our major Attacking components and will grow in confidence after the successful world cup he is encountering.
We’ve pretty much been screaming out for a genuine try scoring winger since Robbo went to the UK. After his season this year, there’s absolutely no way you’d flick him. Thankfully Baz is the coach, or we’d end up with Matthew Wright (who is good back up) on the wing, because people, for some reason, think we don’t have enough props.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16