All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
haha very good!
dunno about freeman and jack (not a fan), what happened to blocker roach's kids though

I met Freeman at a charity night, he was a real nice guy. I actually got him to sign an aussie footy jersey which he said he's never done before (may have done so since)

blockers kids...as at 2015:

Two of their sons have left home – Daniel, 27, lives in Melbourne where he coaches rugby union while Aiden, 24, is a professional league water polo player and Australian men’s national water polo team member based in Hungary. Liam, 26, a business development manager with Bryden’s law group, is about to fly the coop.

love how you still have DCE's super long turtle next hahaha
I know hahaha, made me laugh so I didn't bother trying to cut it down a bit. Dce seriously is a giraffe

That bloke also linked us to Sean Fensom, Jack Bird, Chris Macqueen, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Gerard Beale, Elijah Taylor, Lachlan Burr, Ben Matulino, Greg Bird, Dean Whare, DWZ, Matagi....... last off season.
He's obviously in the know....
Oh well he needs to lose his F.....g job then .

I think the Green/DCE combination was very good. I think they are guys that carry themselves well on and OFF the field. I do understand players do not have to be best mates to combine well. It is just I have this nagging doubt with Pearce that as good mates with Foran he appears similar. Well we will all see soon enough what will pan out and not much (maybe nothing) we can do about ... except submit posts ..ok nothing.

Should they then change the name of News that has already been released to Olds. 'And in the Olds today its reported...' would ensure we are just hearing an echo of past Real News

Should they then change the name of News that has already been released to Olds. 'And in the Olds today its reported...' would ensure we are just hearing an echo of past Real News

Olds would work, it would sum up most of foxsports and NRL news.

News = Notable Events Weather & Sports
Olds = Overly Long, Dragging Stories

If its true that Pearce has met with Barrett than you would think that Cronk is a done deal. Why approach another club if a player "might" come. That is biting the hand that feeds you.

I think we are genuinely interested in Pearce, and have a good chance, however the roosters could dig their heals in and not release Pearce. Its not like they have a salary cap anyway.

Keep in mind even when these "potential" signings are "almost" done - it's never done till the ink dries on the contract....and even then there is a 10 day wait, plus 100 other ways out after that.
Players have changed....managers are more involved...its not so much about loyalty - besides the Beaver Menzies and a few others.
Its like employment anywhere - it is now a business more than ever....back in the 80's and before, a contract was done over a meat pie and a beer and the Integrity of the player always held up....to the point there at times seems a lack of honour compared to the good old days.
If a player manager can 1 day believe a player is staying or going and it changes overnight, the average punter with good intentions will get plenty wrong - most of these rumours are a shot in the dark - they may have substance....but can change in the 24th hour just as quickly.

Keep in mind even when these "potential" signings are "almost" done - it's never done till the ink dries on the contract....and even then there is a 10 day wait, plus 100 other ways out after that.
Players have changed....managers are more involved...its not so much about loyalty - besides the Beaver Menzies and a few others.
Its like employment anywhere - it is now a business more than ever....back in the 80's and before, a contract was done over a meat pie and a beer and the Integrity of the player always held up....to the point there at times seems a lack of honour compared to the good old days.
If a player manager can 1 day believe a player is staying or going and it changes overnight, the average punter with good intentions will get plenty wrong - most of these rumours are a shot in the dark - they may have substance....but can change in the 24th hour just as quickly.

As I’ve said on another thread.

“ how can this happen, and even have the NRL itself promoting it , when to approach and negotiate with a player prior to the 1st of November is illegal”.

It seems the NRL are into double standards , not that this is unusual in any way.

“ how can this happen, and even have the NRL itself promoting it , when to approach and negotiate with a player prior to the 1st of November is illegal”.

It seems the NRL are into double standards , not that this is unusual in any way.

NRL Rule 47

Sub Section 1

The rules that govern the National Rugby League need not apply when:

1. they create a detriment to the Bulldogs, Eels, Roosters, Broncos and/or Rabbitohs
  2. Toddy says so.
Subsection 2

The Salary Cap does not apply to the Broncos, Roosters and Rabbitohs as it is in the best interest of the game. Any investigation into their salary cap is unwarranted.

Subsection 3

Brisbane are required to play every Friday night. The only exception is if they play on Thursday, in which case they must be given a minimum of 7 days rest between games.

Subsection 4

The NRL does not support the success of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. Despite their continual success in a competition that clearly favours other teams, the NRL is not required to change its position.

There is more to quote but you get the gist. ;)

I don’t get what you’re saying. Do you think the Pearce to Manly rumours are just click bait? That the NRL have jumped onto the bandwagon to increase traffic on their website? I get the whole November 1 thing. But it doesn’t say he’s been offered a contract. Just that Manly would like to acquire his services should he become available, and there’s nothing illegal about that, happens all the time.

I don’t get what you’re saying. Do you think the Pearce to Manly rumours are just click bait? That the NRL have jumped onto the bandwagon to increase traffic on their website? I get the whole November 1 thing. But it doesn’t say he’s been offered a contract. Just that Manly would like to acquire his services should he become available, and there’s nothing illegal about that, happens all the time.

Yes I’m now aware that they can chat , we just can’t make a formal offer.

I thought the mere act of “ chatting” was even against the rules, apparently it’s not!

I with option 4. A transfer window is needed to end this speculative media crap. Lets see we where told moylan done deal are waiting for 3 weeks now thompson now pearce i say.
End the bull**** fans a decision not to be rorted because a paper needs clicks with ads because october a **** month for sports news with no cricket started no rugby spring tour and or rl test series. No one cares about nbl or a league.
Its a ****ing rort by journos

I thought the mere act of “ chatting” was even against the rules, apparently it’s not!

when there is a dollar involved or games to be won do you really think player managers and clubs worry about the NRL rule book?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8