Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn't Albert do his ACL in 2018?

I think that may be where round 10 comes from.

Coming back from this type of injury on one so young cannot be rushed

He tore his ACL in February 2018 so will be over 12 months by the start of the season with most fully recovered by 9 months, so I think the young bloke is fine in that regard - I’m sure they’d be cautious though.

Wiki has this about Josh Hannay born 1 January 1980: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Hannay

Hannay was named to make his début at the age of 16 during the 1996 season; however, his selection was vetoed by the Australian Rugby League, as he was not 17 years of age at the end of the year. In 1998 he made his first grade début for the Cowboys

Ponga was born on 30 March 1998. Made his Cowboys debut in September 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalyn_Ponga

Wiki has this about Josh Hannay born 1 January 1980: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Hannay

Hannay was named to make his début at the age of 16 during the 1996 season; however, his selection was vetoed by the Australian Rugby League, as he was not 17 years of age at the end of the year. In 1998 he made his first grade début for the Cowboys

Ponga was born on 30 March 1998. Made his Cowboys debut in September 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalyn_Ponga
When you are good enough then your old enough to be in the top NRL 30 . No point wasting their talent and leaving them in a development squad .
It is always refreshing seeing talented players make their mark and stamp their class on the field against the more experienced players .
When you have a star in the making . You let them lose on the field and let them shine .
Watch the 18 year old Hoppa go this season . This young Man has got Talent and Des will not hold him back . Hoppa is in the top 30 for good reason !
index.jpg

. Hoppa is in the top 30 for good reason !
View attachment 10551

I agree BOZO on your assessment of young Hoppa but it is not CERTAIN he will be in our Top 30 YET.

24 registered players were required to be named on Nov 1, we publicly named ALL of our contracted players...29 of them and Hoppa was one of them of course.

Nothing is set in stone yet as some of the players named on Nov 1 will definitely not be in our final 30 come June 30.

I agree BOZO on your assessment of young Hoppa but it is not CERTAIN he will be in our Top 30 YET.

24 registered players were required to be named on Nov 1, we publicly named ALL of our contracted players...29 of them and Hoppa was one of them of course.

Nothing is set in stone yet as some of the players named on Nov 1 will definitely not be in our final 30 come June 30.
I understand what you are saying as In life nothing is certain that's for sure but my gut feeling is that his talent will be used .

The media manager - don’t worry I think he knows you
I have never met or spoken to our media manager but if he is always interested in giving his time and chatting to our members as you say , then he is certainly the man for the job .
Keep up the Great Work Mr Manly media manager !!!

Nice work Bozo - should be keep @Woodsie happy!

@BOZO - just wondering if you are a member? Also next time ask for Cuzzo, he is always interested in chatting to Silvertails ‘legends’ - serious!

FMD ... "turns 18 late Feb" .... is fukken near enough good enough now .... what fukken day late Feb!!! ...... can we include him in our yarts on the 23rd? .. do we have to wait til the 27th .... is it best not to include him in a yart until 1st March ......

Jesu weeps .... may as well put Marty in the backrow and Suli at centre for all the sense the yarts will make ....

FMD ... "turns 18 late Feb" .... is fukken near enough good enough now .... what fukken day late Feb!!! ...... can we include him in our yarts on the 23rd? .. do we have to wait til the 27th .... is it best not to include him in a yart until 1st March ......

Jesu weeps .... may as well put Marty in the backrow and Suli at centre for all the sense the yarts will make ....
See what you have started now Woodsie

Did you introduce yourself on the phone as Bozo from Silvertails?!
Great news btw!
There is only one real Immortal Bozo , the rest of us are just clowns lol
I just told them I was part of the Silvertails Manly supporters forum and all of us supporters are excited about young Hoppa making his NRL debut this year and we wanted to find out what month he turn 18 . The young gentlemen who answered the phone was very pleasant and helpful .

Last edited:
Just rang the club . I was told the young and talented Hoppa Jnr turns 18 late February !!!

Mate I reckon he'd be like all the other islanders playing in QLD - don't have a birth certificate therefore they can't confirm he age! Seriously my young fellow was playing under 16's and was playing "kids" with beards , goaties, with their wives and 2 or 3 kids watching.

On that basis Albert can tell us anything we want to hear so he can play!

Mate I reckon he'd be like all the other islanders playing in QLD - don't have a birth certificate therefore they can't confirm he age! Seriously my young fellow was playing under 16's and was playing "kids" with beards , goaties, with their wives and 2 or 3 kids watching.

On that basis Albert can tell us anything we want to hear so he can play!
Just goes to show Where there's a will there's a way around salary caps and other things.
Loopholes are like a simple rugby league game plan . If you cant get through the defence you find ways to run around them .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4