Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back and forwards from HK a d China a lot so in and out

Got a couple of buddies close to St George camp and they weren’t happy they lost Garrick. Rated him big time

Always a big step up though but fingers crossed
The big thing is Albert and him have natural speed. We need that big time
If those two progress and Dylan stays then we have the makings of a top backline

Would also cause Des a selection headache.

Tom is a certain starter but we may not have Walker. So we will have to pick a starting 3-4 backline players from:

Elliot
Suli
Garrick
Hopoate
Taufua
Parker

A good problem to have.

That is a good problem to have? Jorge is the only one of the lot who has done anything half decent in first grade. And that doesn't say a lot considering his issues under the high ball, his bad handling in general play and his often disastrous defensive reads.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
That is a good problem to have? Jorge is the only one of the lot who has done anything half decent in first grade. And that doesn't say a lot considering his issues under the high ball, his bad handling in general play and his often disastrous defensive reads.

In Des we trust.

In 2005 we had Matai who looked average at first, with a lot of defensive lapses.

In 2005-06 we signed seemingly average first grader Robertson with not a very good try scoring rate from Canberra.

In 2008 we signed a 22 year old injury prone Williams who couldn't even crack a start at Parramatta.

You might think I am kidding myself but I see a potentially better backline lineup with our current players than the above. And we know how they turned out.

In Des we trust.

In 2005 we had Matai who looked average at first, with a lot of defensive lapses.

In 2005-06 we signed seemingly average first grader Robertson with not a very good try scoring rate from Canberra.

In 2008 we signed a 22 year old injury prone Williams who couldn't even crack a start at Parramatta.

You might think I am kidding myself but I see a potentially better backline lineup with our current players than the above. And we know how they turned out.

I hope you're right mate. I really do.

I think Walker is back in court next week so we will know then whether we are looking for 2 new centres or just one. It seems likely Garrick will nail down the left centre position either way seeing as he is being mentioned in dispatches on a regular basis. That leaves Suli to play right centre or wing depending on The Phantoms fate. Hoppa most likely next cab off the rank ahead of Elliot and Parker ??

Whoever we go with will be a good test first up against tigers. Masters and now Jennings out there so will be plenty of speed to counter. Wingers are quick too.

They murdered us out wide last year at Brooky so will need to have our structures ready to go.

HOPPA’S FREAKISHLY STRONG SON

THE Sea Eagles are quietly optimistic about the emergence of rookie Albert Hopoate this season.

The son of club legend John Hopoate, Albert turns 18 next Monday and is tipped to get a crack in the NRL this season.

Despite coming off a major knee injury last year, Hopoate has been ultra-impressive during the Sea Eagles pre-season.

His best position is fullback but with Tom Trbojevic having a mortgage on the no.1 jumper Hoppa jnr will most likely be given his first taste of NRL on the wing.

“He looks like he’s going to be a very good player,” Manly backrower Joel Thompson said.

“He’s already bench pressing and squatting more than me in the gym.”

So he is available round one with birthday next week? Young Albert seems to have been born half a dozen times.
If he does crack it round one with a harsh judge like Des at the helm it would suggest he has seriously impressed. If he and Garrick debut will be one hell of a watch at Leichhardt. Bring it on.

I also think with all those attributes that he has , Centre would also be an option .

Yep but you’d think they would ease him in on wing Exciting times

The three quarters looked like our weak spot but if these young guys click , and that’s a huge if , it may be the exact opposite.Boom or bust I suppose but surely worth the risk over Elliott.
I hope they go with them.

So he is available round one with birthday next week? Young Albert seems to have been born half a dozen times.
If he does crack it round one with a harsh judge like Des at the helm it would suggest he has seriously impressed. If he and Garrick debut will be one hell of a watch at Leichhardt. Bring it on.
Hoppa and Garrick are backs with speed we did not have last season . The more speed a player has the more he can fck up the opposition
signage_bwc12909287.jpg

Would also cause Des a selection headache.

Tom is a certain starter but we may not have Walker. So we will have to pick a starting 3-4 backline players from:

Elliot
Suli
Garrick
Hopoate
Taufua
Parker

A good problem to have.
I am very optimistic and happy with our back line stock . Well done Des !!!

Yep but you’d think they would ease him in on wing Exciting times

The three quarters looked like our weak spot but if these young guys click , and that’s a huge if , it may be the exact opposite.Boom or bust I suppose but surely worth the risk over Elliott.
I hope they go with them.

Alberts birthdays

March 1 2001
July 29 2001
January 1 2002
August 4 2003
December 4 1999

Just take your pick depending on when you want him to play.

Hoppa’s dozen children were born once each

Lets face it, right now unless Walks is actually able to play the only player/position that is a certainty in our backline is Tom at fullback. And maybe Jorge on the wing.

But that's about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8