Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Insurance maybe for Dwalkz if he does not beat the charge and is convicted

will then cop a Suspension and we will need options

Will know in three weeks

I’m not sure in regards to Albert’s availability and whilst it certainly isn’t the be all and end all and could be wrong, SuperCoach and their articles on the Daily Telegraph have him as a high possibility for a round 1 inclusion.

I’m not sure in regards to Albert’s availability and whilst it certainly isn’t the be all and end all and could be wrong, SuperCoach and their articles on the Daily Telegraph have him as a high possibility for a round 1 inclusion.

Might just be a case of the modern journalist's complete lack of professionalism ...... homework? facts? ..... or is eligibily the year you turn 18?

Often enjoying the odd beverage come the weekend watching the footy, but pretty sure there have been plenty of 17 year old players making a debut due to injury/form ect.....
How old was Ponga, Mitchell, Turbo on debut.....maybe they were 18 and realise rules have changed in relation to age - the old days of a young Freddy Fittler still at school maybe gone ?

Often enjoying the odd beverage come the weekend watching the footy, but pretty sure there have been plenty of 17 year old players making a debut due to injury/form ect.....
How old was Ponga, Mitchell, Turbo on debut.....maybe they were 18 and realise rules have changed in relation to age - the old days of a young Freddy Fittler still at school maybe gone ?

The rules were changed after Fittler's time to protect the young players coming through. Its just a question of whether that rule involved turning 19 or 18 in the calendar year when you could be first signed up for first grade. I suspect its 18, in which case Albert Hopoate would be eligible and could play the first game of the season. If 19 he wouldn't be able to play until next year. My understanding is that its not about reaching 18 before you can play, its only that you must turn 18 in 2019, and if so you can play starting Jan 1 2019. May be wrong here but that is how I'm reading the information coming through from the media and the fact that Albert is named in our first 28 players..

All I could find was this from NSWRL Junior Rugby League Procedures Manual which would seem to indicate Hoppa would be eligible. I know Shane Richardson suggested it should increased to 18 years in 2015 but i can't find anything to say it was approved by the clubs.

NSWRL

JUNIOR RUGBY LEAGUE

POLICIES & PROCEDURES MANUAL

2.11 Minimum Age to Play Senior International Football (Open Age)

Players must have turned the age of seventeen (17) before being allowed to play Senior International Open Age Rugby League (i.e. A Grade and other open age competitions)

That's what I found after extensive searching Maxta.

Shane Richardson tried to change the minimum age rule to 19 back in 2015 but it appears he was unsuccessful and the minimum age for NRL debut is turning 18 in that year.

So it appears young Hoppa will be eligible from round 1.

Just on the NRL player naming rules:
Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club is required to have the contracts of a minimum of 24 players registered by November 1. .

We named 29 players but I can't find anything in the rules that states that any of the 24 required to be named must be a part of our "top 30" come june 30.

Also:

Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA. Clubs then have until March 1 to register 29 players and June 30 to finalise their top 30 squad.

Once again, I can't find anything in the rules that states that any of the 29 players registered by march 1 must be a part of our "top 30" come june 30.

As usual, the NRL is very vague at best on specifics.

Our 2019 development players listed are Jade Anderson, Lachlan Croker, Sean Keppie, Luke Metcalf, Haumole Olakau'atu who are all eligible to play FG after june 30.
We have room for one more as it appears we are allowed 6.

Our 2019 development players listed are Jade Anderson, Lachlan Croker, Sean Keppie, Luke Metcalf, Haumole Olakau'atu who are all eligible to play FG after june 30.

Thanks for the information but I don't understand this final condition. Can you explain why they have to wait until June 30 to be eligible?

Thanks for the information but I don't understand this final condition. Can you explain why they have to wait until June 30 to be eligible?

It is a new rule this year that all devel players can play FG after the june 30 "Top 30" squads are finalised.
There are now no restrictions concerning whether a club has players in their Top 30 capable of filling any certain position, a condition which stopped devel players being eligible in the past. eg Fainu.

All I could find was this from NSWRL Junior Rugby League Procedures Manual which would seem to indicate Hoppa would be eligible. I know Shane Richardson suggested it should increased to 18 years in 2015 but i can't find anything to say it was approved by the clubs.

NSWRL

JUNIOR RUGBY LEAGUE

POLICIES & PROCEDURES MANUAL

2.11 Minimum Age to Play Senior International Football (Open Age)

Players must have turned the age of seventeen (17) before being allowed to play Senior International Open Age Rugby League (i.e. A Grade and other open age competitions)

The rules of the NSWRL and the NRL are not necessarily th same .....

@40 years an eagle ... So I take it from all that ... that the old rule that your top 30 are simply your highest 30 paid players is no longer valid .. how does that work .... can for example .... Thommo is dropped out of the 30 and send to Blacktown .... is his $600k no longer part of the salary cap because he is not in the 30 ....

Or does the cap now have to cover ALL players .... not just the top 30 .......

#letsmakeiteasynrl

PSS .... where is @HappilyManly and her team of nubile researchers when you need them ....

Best-22-funny-vacation-quotes15-500x400.jpg

@40 years an eagle ... So I take it from all that ... that the old rule that your top 30 are simply your highest 30 paid players is no longer valid .. how does that work .... can for example .... Thommo is dropped out of the 30 and send to Blacktown .... is his $600k no longer part of the salary cap because he is not in the 30 ....

#letsmakeiteasynrl

I can't draw any SOUND conclusions from it all mate as we know the NRL leave out a LOT of info at best, and make stuff up as they go at worst.

I THINK that the june 30 deadlined "Top 30" is still your 30 highest paid players but it is not clear how many contracted players are allowed or whether the 29 contracted players required to be named by march 1 need to be in your june 30 "Top 30".

Typical NRL opaqueness and mismanagement. The most poorly-run sporting admin in the world for sure.

#letsmakeiteasynrl
Doesn't really matter where your top 30 play, they still count as part of the salary cap.
They can dropped to park football and the same will still apply

That's what I found after extensive searching Maxta.

Shane Richardson tried to change the minimum age rule to 19 back in 2015 but it appears he was unsuccessful and the minimum age for NRL debut is turning 18 in that year.

So it appears young Hoppa will be eligible from round 1.

Just on the NRL player naming rules:
Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club is required to have the contracts of a minimum of 24 players registered by November 1. .

We named 29 players but I can't find anything in the rules that states that any of the 24 required to be named must be a part of our "top 30" come june 30.

Also:

Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA. Clubs then have until March 1 to register 29 players and June 30 to finalise their top 30 squad.

Once again, I can't find anything in the rules that states that any of the 29 players registered by march 1 must be a part of our "top 30" come june 30.

As usual, the NRL is very vague at best on specifics.

If he is old enough I would nominate Josh Schuster for that last Development spot.

Ah ok... I was hoping he had a January or February birthday.

I searched everywhere and can't find anything confirming the old rule has changed. The rule was that a player can debut in the year they turn 18 regardless of when their birthday is so I don't know where this availability round 10 stems from.

If anyone can confirm the rule has changed please do.

I sent a message to the NRL to question the ruling on age and to my great surprise, but disappointment, I received an almost immediate response and was totally surprised at the speed of response. Unfortunately the staff member stated that the player has to be 18 years of age’ to play NRl 1st grade.

So I have now questioned the person who responded to me as to why the NSWRL has a different rule to the NRL whereby players who have attained the age of 17 years (rather than 18 years) are permitted to play in the senior ‘Open’ grade, given that almost half of the registered NRL 1st grade players, play in the NSWRL Intrust Cup.

No response yet but hoping for one.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4