• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah maybe I'm just not buying this story that's out there. He's moving because he can't stay away from past questionable associates. Give me break.
I understand your skepticism,but if it was just about money,why would they limit the clubs to outside of Sydney he could only deal with?Dogs would pay more than what he was in line for at Manly and what the Warriors can offer

I understand your skepticism,but if it was just about money,why would they limit the clubs to outside of Sydney he could only deal with?Dogs would pay more than what he was in line for at Manly and what the Warriors can offer
It's not about money. I'd be betting it's more about team disunity that's resulted in our pathetic performances.

It's not about money. I'd be betting it's more about team disunity that's resulted in our pathetic performances.
There is definitely disunity. Its no fluke to lose 6 games in a row, and what is it 10 out of 12? with 13 players on the park who were quite capable in 2019.
I smelt a rat weeks ago - probably around those ****ty performances against the Warriors and Newcastle at Brookvale. Both games would have been won by 10+ in 2019 with or without Tommy.
NYEagle

Give me a break. So he nominated Cowboys, Titans, Broncos and warriors because they have such better on field performance and culture. His wife posted they are doing it for their kids and to be closer to her family. Addin might only be going for those reasons and doesn't even want to leave. Siro said he is always having a laugh with the boys and loves coming to work to train with him, plus we signed him for a massive 850k next couple of years so the club valued him and was not getting under paid.

If this is really the reason then going to NZ won't change anything. Nz have more gangs per head than any other country in the world. From patched members all the way down to bloods and crips. Smaller population obviously and maybe some not as heavy but still remains apparent that he is more than likely to find himself around that lifestyle if he cant prevent himself from being around it in sydney.
He might be the new Jake the Muss. Too many weights, not enough speed work.

Give me a break. So he nominated Cowboys, Titans, Broncos and warriors because they have such better on field performance and culture. His wife posted they are doing it for their kids and to be closer to her family. Addin might only be going for those reasons and doesn't even want to leave. Siro said he is always having a laugh with the boys and loves coming to work to train with him, plus we signed him for a massive 850k next couple of years so the club valued him and was not getting under paid.
So she's got family in Townsville, Gold coast, Brisbane and New Zealand. Wow big family.

Can I also say - I really do hope he goes to the warriors. They are owed a debt of gratitude by all and sundry for the commitment they showed this year. As someone in lock down here in melbourne - I still can't believe that a full season of RL got off the ground - and it never would have unless they took the first step and committed to moving to Australia.

Make no mistake - if the warriors hadn't made the concession first, the NRL would have been in breach of contract, and this Addin issue would be the least of the games problems.

Good luck warriors - I hope the NRL merry go round works in your favour soon, and they rig the comp for you to win. It would be in everyones best interests!

I have heard this before.. i remember Max krillich saying it in the doco. But you would have to think even way back then im assuming those houses were still much more expensive then compared to out here ?( west )
I don't think so - my grandparents moved from out west Chester Hill to Dee Why in the early 60s.

My parents built a house on vacant land in Allambie Hts in the late 60s, and it was by all accounts the equivalent of the house/land packages that are available in penrith and camden these days.

Waterfront areas were no doubt always relatively expensive, but not the hinterland.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a casual look into this guy tells me that he ain't the role model we need at Manly.

• Domestic violence charges
  • Booted out of Dragons
  • Facial tattoo
  • Lives in a low SES area of Western Sydney
  • Calls referees retards
  • Wears a nike dry fit hat and makes gang symbols with his hands
  • publicly called out Erin Molan as a grub hours before vilifying a referee

The idea that he might have some undesirable associations doesn't seem that far fetched to me ...I'm not implying that people from low SES areas must be bad eggs but the odds of finding yourself hanging around undesirables must increase.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a casual look into this guy tells me that he ain't the role model we need at Manly.

• Booted out of Dragons
  • Facial tattoo
  • Calls referees retards

The idea that he might have some undesirable associations doesn't seem that far fetched to me ...
Fair points but how to maintain the forward and prop strength situation without him . ? Jake to prop ? or do you think that the club has some confidence in the younger brigade like Saddler and Fainu coming up to speed . Paseka and Keppie can no doubt compete but maybe not much more upside with Boyle , Sipley ? . Still a void to fill with a dominant prop leaving [ and hopefully it will be ]

I have heard this before.. i remember Max krillich saying it in the doco. But you would have to think even way back then im assuming those houses were still much more expensive then compared to out here ?( west )

Max’s quote was something like - there were more Fibro houses in Narrabeen than Lidcombe in1970s. Which was probably true, not many Fibro house these days but plenty of units

• Booted out of Dragons
  • Facial tattoo
  • Calls referees retards

The idea that he might have some undesirable associations doesn't seem that far fetched to me ...I'm not implying that people from low SES areas must be bad eggs but the odds of finding yourself hanging around undesirables must increase.

You forgot the designer manbag/satchel (pronounced thatchel).
WTF does one carry in them?

Fair points but how to maintain the forward and prop strength situation without him . ? Jake to prop ? or do you think that the club has some confidence in the younger brigade like Saddler and Fainu coming up to speed . Paseka and Keppie can no doubt compete but maybe not much more upside with Boyle , Sipley ? . Still a void to fill with a dominant prop leaving [ and hopefully it will be ]
It's a funny one. In spite of his dominance at prop, we weren't winning games. That tells me that we have other more pressing issues with the squad. It is almost impossible to get through a season with your top squad in tact so getting to the business end can be the result of a strong squad across the board. Something with don't have. Maybe the loss of some go forward can be mitigated in other areas...like thrust from the wings coming out of own end...better wingers should mean less issues on the flanks and they can take some better carries.

I guess I'm thinking that we don't need to find another AFB...a solid fill in and better strengths in other areas can combat his loss.

Panthers let state of origin prop RCG go and they winning the comp with props that are of lower profile than Marty and Addin. They have a mobile pack too. maybe that is the way the game is going with the ruck speed increase.

A relative no name in Liam Martin is all the sudden a serious backrower. Who knows what might come of some of our younger guys.

Max’s quote was something like - there were more Fibro houses in Narrabeen than Lidcombe in1970s. Which was probably true, not many Fibro house these days but plenty of units
I don't think so - my grandparents moved from out west Chester Hill to Dee Why in the early 60s.

My parents built a house on vacant land in Allambie Hts in the late 60s, and it was by all accounts the equivalent of the house/land packages that are available in penrith and camden these days.

Waterfront areas were no doubt always relatively expensive, but not the hinterland.
Very interesting. Thanks for the insight. Another question then from those who were around the beaches in our silvertail area.. how is it that we were such a rich club buying whoever we wanted to the point we were a powerhouse club but not so anymore? Is it because the corporate world has moved beyond or is it because we had wealthy benefactors involved with the club? Such a big fall from grace from where we used to be financially

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight. Another question then from those who were around the beaches in our silvertail area.. how is it that we were such a rich club buying whoever we wanted to the point we were a powerhouse club but not so anymore? Is it because the corporate world has moved beyond or is it because we had wealthy benefactors involved with the club? Such a big fall from grace from where we used to be financially
Here's my take on it:

Manly was a really rich club relative to other clubs when it was a Sydney-based comp.

This is because of professional management through the 70s and 80s when other clubs were very amateurish. Manly had corporate sponsors, a thriving leagues club and lots of local sponsors (we still do have these little local sponsors - many more than lots of clubs).

So compared to the others at the time we were flush with cash.

When it became superleague and the NRL Manly's wealth paled in comparison to the new environment. Famously Arko spent some manly reserves fighting superleague which left a hole.

But nowadays every club needs a lot more money to run than in the past - and all but the broncos I think rely on the annual NRL grant. In the 70s and 80s it was cheaper to run a footy club - many players got paid well, but just as many had day jobs.

These idiots want to be Gangsta ...... It's a big part of the culture of that area (not just Poly boys) I've got white mates from out there that call themselves gangsta because they live there. That's what a heap of them want to be. In reality they are as gangsta as my hairy white arse.

I've got bigger things to worry about ...... I was just told Turkish bread is ****en bad for me? WTF?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4