• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Exactly , but of course the haters love using the stats that make him look bad , not the fact that he was barely on the field so yes those stats are going to look poor.

Look I might sound like a Woods super fan , I’m actually not , and a lot of what is said is possibly fair but it annoys the crap out of me that even before he arrived the haters were hating , and haven’t stopped , and they have blinkers on that every single thing he does is poor.

And really they aren’t , although I freely admit he’s no superstar , but he does a job and clearly the football department agrees.

And as to why isn’t Fainu being chosen.

Well to me that’s simple , he chose $$$$ over the club , so why should he be rewarded with first grade appearances for a club he has no interest in.
Very well said, on both Woods and Fainu.

I would add that Fainu chose $$$$ over the club - the club which has done a hell of a lot for him, his brothers and his family for several years - and doesn't deserve anything more. Imo he's not being chosen because the club's moving on from the Fainu's and fair enough.

Very well said, on both Woods and Fainu.

I would add that Fainu chose $$$$ over the club - the club which has done a hell of a lot for him, his brothers and his family for several years - and doesn't deserve anything more. Imo he's not being chosen because the club's moving on from the Fainu's and fair enough.
Fainu is still on our pay roll
He is still getting paid to roll up his sleaves and have a go
It seems we are paying a player and refusing get his value
It seems that we are not using our cap to its full advantage
It seems that is not a $mart thing to do

In conclusion ..
Our Season is on the line and instead of playing our best players on the field
It seems We are playing unprofessional immature and childish vendetta games

Last edited:
Fainu is still on our pay roll
He is still getting paid to roll up his sleaves and have a go
It seems we are paying a player and refusing get his value
It seems that we are not using our cap to its full advantage
It seems that is not a $mart thing to do

In conclusion ..
Our Season is on the line and instead of playing our best players on the field
It seems We are playing unprofessional immature and childish vendetta games
Samuela is clearly a talent and provided great energy in his few stints for us in NRL.

But we don’t know why he hasn't been picked lately. Some assume it is evidence proving the coach doesn’t understand footy. Others assume he’s being punished for signing elsewhere, or we are prioritising players who will be here next year.

I’m like everyone else and don’t know. It's quite possible it's down to what the team needs at present as judged by those best qualified to say.

And if there is any off-field factor, I wouldn’t find that a total shock either. Samuela has attracted negative headlines twice already this year for incidents that suggest he is very immature (no shock as he’s very young) and easily baited. Is he considered a risk of embarrassing the club and/or costing us with indiscipline during a game?

New Tigers recruit involved in heated altercation after U19s Origin game

Spitting allegation at centre of fiery tunnel face-off

But I repeat, like everyone else I don’t know. If we lose more forwards and are still battling for finals I have no doubt he’ll be considered, we’ll all just have to wait to see if he gets picked.

Based on what we've seen so far Woods shouldn't be playing first grade. As we know Erin Woods is an ardent Manly supporter. So I envisage he can still provide a valuable contribution as a 'leader' in our club.
CutPaste_2023-08-01_20-56-18-747.jpg

Samuela is clearly a talent and provided great energy in his few stints for us in NRL.

But we don’t know why he hasn't been picked lately. Some assume it is evidence proving the coach doesn’t understand footy. Others assume he’s being punished for signing elsewhere, or we are prioritising players who will be here next year.

I’m like everyone else and don’t know. It's quite possible it's down to what the team needs at present as judged by those best qualified to say.

And if there is any off-field factor, I wouldn’t find that a total shock either. Samuela has attracted negative headlines twice already this year for incidents that suggest he is very immature (no shock as he’s very young) and easily baited. Is he considered a risk of embarrassing the club and/or costing us with indiscipline during a game?

But I repeat, like everyone else I don’t know. If we lose more forwards and are still battling for finals I have no doubt he’ll be considered, we’ll all just have to wait to see if he gets picked.
Hang on, you can’t make sense on Silvertails, so you’d better retract that and run with some conspiracy theory instead.

Nah , doubt I said that , **** them is my position.
The game is a professional game and players come and go and some players that want to stay are let go by the club . This is purely business and we should respect both parties financial or future planning obligations
To hold Grudges and Vendettas against any club / players in not in the spirit of professional sport

This is a Great example by a Great Professional footballer
Gutho never wanted to leave
Our club had their reasons to let him go
Gutho has never said he hated Manly for this
Gutho says he still has a spot for Manly in his heart
He accepted a career with the Eels and made his mark there

The game is a professional game and players come and go and some players that want to stay are let go by the club . This is purely business and we should respect both parties financial or future planning obligations
To hold Grudges and Vendettas against any club / players in not in the spirit of professional sport

This is a Great example by a Great Professional footballer
Gutho never wanted to leave
Our club had their reasons to let him go
Gutho has never said he hated Manly for this
Gutho says he still has a spot for Manly in his heart
He accepted a career with the Eels and made his mark there
View attachment 24549
As long as he stops the stupid dance routines - and accepting the title of 'King Gutho' (low bar for that title at Parra, obviously), I don't care what he does. He's an ex-Manly player - he also had an opportunity to come back, and didn't.

Yeah, I know he still lives on the Northern Beaches (says a lot about Parramatta), and is still friends with a lot of our players. Maybe if he brings his talent back to Manly in some form or other, I'll be interested in his story. Otherwise, pass. I rate Froggy's loyalty to the Sea Eagles - a 'non-local' - much higher than anything Gutho has done.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Woods and there's no way we're ever going to be a top 4 team with him in the 17 , thank goodness they got him and Lodge. Where would we be at the moment without those 2 big boppers. I don't get the criticism at the moment because they're all we have.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Woods and there's no way we're ever going to be a top 4 team with him in the 17 , thank goodness they got him and Lodge. Where would we be at the moment without those 2 big boppers. I don't get the criticism at the moment because they're all we have.
Once more for the sloooooooooow people..........

Ethan Bullemore and Sean Keppie were both left out of the side for Aaron Woods. I repeat ETHAN BULLEMORE AND SEAN KEPPIE WERE LEFT OUT OF THE SIDE TWO WEEKS AGO FOR AARON WOODS! This week is a different proposition due to Paseka, Aloiai and Keppie getting injured.

Why should the club develop either Fainu any further by giving them first grade time?

If it helps Manly win matches this year, why wouldn't you?

Remember, both Fainu brothers were signed to Manly for the next 2 years. Manly made the decision to not stick to those contracts and get rid of them.

Once more for the sloooooooooow people..........

Ethan Bullemore and Sean Keppie were both left out of the side for Aaron Woods. I repeat ETHAN BULLEMORE AND SEAN KEPPIE WERE LEFT OUT OF THE SIDE TWO WEEKS AGO FOR AARON WOODS! This week is a different proposition due to Paseka, Aloiai and Keppie getting injured.

Sooo, which game are you talking about?
Two weeks ago we played the Sharks and won - Woods (32 mins) and Keppie (42) in the 17
Three Weeks ago we played Cowboys and lost - Woods ( 26 ) and Bully (37) in the 17

Sooo, which game are you talking about?
Two weeks ago we played the Sharks and won - Woods (32 mins) and Keppie (42) in the 17
Three Weeks ago we played Cowboys and lost - Woods ( 26 ) and Bully (37) in the 17
Either or. Woods was selected in both those games.

He's a mainstay in the seventeen.

The off-field factors are key to the whole brothers Fainu debacle. This has never really been in question @SeaEagleRock8 ........, even when it was.....

Last edited:
If it helps Manly win matches this year, why wouldn't you?

Remember, both Fainu brothers were signed to Manly for the next 2 years. Manly made the decision to not stick to those contracts and get rid of them.
Sam was off contract or able to negotiate with other clubs from 1st Nov.. that's why his agent was looking for an extension and upgrade.. on the back of 5 NRL games he wanted super star money for him.. load of BS and I'm happy to let them both go at $500k a season.. way way way in overs for either of them.. they simple are not worth that sort of money.. or the future headaches that will come with them and their manager

Last edited:
Don't be suprised if there was some clause in Sam's contract that would trigger a pay increase if he played a certain amount of NRL games... i wouldn't put anything past his manager.

The club owes him nothing.. they have already put so much into the Fainus and for what???

I would have thought at least 1 of the clan would have thought about this and said "no" to their manager, rather than go into the media with "i want to stay at Manly" only to do the opposite.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10