• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm not thrilled by him but would take a safe 20-30 minutes from Woods while the others recharge their batteries; he's OK in an arm-wrestle grind - free of errors?

Errors contribute to fatigue and as much as I prefer Keppie, he has to work on getting them out of his game as I feel we recently have been worse off for his limited time on the field.
I'd agree with your assessment maybe 5 - 10 years ago, but the high usage of sin bins in the last few seasons make it more difficult for the team when you are carrying a Woods type player.
I noticed when we were a man down and Woods was on the field, it seemed like we were playing with 11 men. He got gassed very quickly and was grabbing at shadows.
It puts a lot more stress on the other players to do even more work when they are a man down and the other team will put on a heap of tries and get a roll on.
He is a competent player, but things become incredibly pear shaped when one of the players get sin binned.

The argument that Fifita and Tuitavake haven't cracked the 16th place Dragons side doesn't really work when you consider Woods couldn't crack that same team himself

Pretty obvious no one actually hates Woods and he does come across as a pretty good bloke. But it's fair to question his place in the team when he's gone from a freebie we've taken back from the Dragons, to someone with a guaranteed spot in the spot each week who we're now looking to re-sign. 14 minutes played for 30 metres on the weekend is not 'solid' it's just a waste of a spot

Nice squad member to have around the club but him playing as much FG as he has is reflective of where we're at as a club, don't confuse criticism of the club's decisions and selections with hate for Woods
Very well said. I know Sam Fainu and his brother are going to the tigers, but he was good with the limited time he had in 1st grade earlier in the year. On merit alone I believe he deserves a spot on the bench.

That's the thing about the internet, guesswork becomes rumour becomes fact. Why do you think the Dragons had him 18th man?

In fact he played almost every NRL game for them last year, after starting front row in Round 1.
This year they had the bye in R1 and he wasn't selected in R2, which was 3 days before they announced Fifita and Tuitavake were joining them immediately, in other words the Woods deal would have been all but done.

(Maybe you've been reading Bozo's posts, he reckons Woods had not only spent last year in reserves at the Dragons but also reserves for his final 2 years at the Sharks - except in reality he played 45 NRL games in those last 2 years)
There were a few games last year and the rd.2 match this year where I saw him named in the extended squad. Given I am not providing a brief of evidence and I have a day job, I didn't think it was worth diving into the finer details. I wasn't expecting anyone else to care enough either.

There were a few games last year and the rd.2 match this year where I saw him named in the extended squad. Given I am not providing a brief of evidence and I have a day job, I didn't think it was worth diving into the finer details. I wasn't expecting anyone else to care enough either.
I don't care, well not about Woods anyway. I just seem to have a bee in my bonnett about facts and alternative facts, probably if Bozo hadn't posted his grander fiction first I wouldn't have even noticed so not a big deal, but for the record Woods played 19 out of 24 NRL games last year, 24 the previous year for Sharks and 21 the year before that for the Sharks.
He rightly gets judged on what he does on field for Manly of course, but it's simply not the case that we've signed a bloke who's been a reserve grader for the last few years.

No we didn’t “ swap “ them for him, they were later in the piece.

We did however get him , for nothing , in lieu of a transfer fee for young Fifita ( who had been offered huge money and was going anyway ). They wanted him right away , we wanted a transfer fee , a deal was done where Woods was gifted for nothing in lieu of that fee.

You cannot , in any way , suggest the club wanted Woods and traded out others to get him. He simply became a “ transaction “ instead of money.

I get like many you hate him , but at least tell the truth when you are bagging him.
The swap of the two players for Woods is what was reported in the media by Moses Suli and it is what I am referring to. Suli would know better than any of us what the truth is as he knows the two players personally

"The Dragons traded Woods in exchange for 22-year-olds Fifita and Alec Tuitavake"

The swap of the two players for Woods is what was reported in the media by Moses Suli and it is what I am referring to. Suli would know better than any of us what the truth is as he knows the two players personally

"The Dragons traded Woods in exchange for 22-year-olds Fifita and Alec Tuitavake"

Also widely reported at the time to be the deal that I mentioned, and when you think through it that makes much more sense than “ we wanted Woods so we gave them two young stars so we could get him “.

Come on , you don’t really believe that or do you ?

By the way young blokes only leave clubs for two reasons, or a combination of both.

1) more $$$$$$
2) they can’t get a start and are promised a start where they go

There’s your real reason the two left earlier in the year , and why the Fainu’s are going.

Also widely reported at the time to be the deal that I mentioned, and when you think through it that makes much more sense than “ we wanted Woods so we gave them two young stars so we could get him “.

Come on , you don’t really believe that or do you ?
I don't know the real story and can only go on what is written in the Media

Articles quoting players are probably a bit more creditable than stories written by the Rothfield's quoting unnamed players or sources

Criticism is perfectly fine , but you have to admit there’s been a LOT of hate coming his way.

By the way , if we had decent forwards he wouldn’t be being picked , I don’t know anyone ( that’s staying with the club or wanting to stay ) that’s being left on the reserves list instead of him.

And please , don’t quote Keppie , who no doubt has passion but had been pretty damn ordinary when chosen.
We have Samuela Fainu playing for Blacktown. If you go back and have a look at Samuela's stats in first grade and compare them to Woodsy, you will see that Samuela is in fact a better option. Sharon wouldn't be receiving any thread time on Silvertails if he was being used as a last man up, stop gap solution in a time of need. After all, that is what Spoony said he signed him for. Sharon the brave was also selected ahead of Bullemore and Keppie in recent weeks.

The fact he has suddenly become a mainstay in the team is the catalyst for my angst. But if you are content with him churning out 30 mistake free run metres while others are overlooked, then good luck. At least he loves the club, and it's great to watch a guy living his dream.

Last edited:
We have Samuela Fainu playing for Blacktown. If you go back and have a look at Samuela's stats in first grade and compare them to Woodsy, you will see that Samuela is in fact a better option. Sharon wouldn't be receiving any thread time on Silvertails if he was being used as a last man up, stop gap solution in a time of need. After all, that is what Spoony said he signed him for. Sharon the brave was also selected ahead of Bullemore and Keppie in recent weeks.

The fact he has suddenly become a mainstay in the team is the catalyst for my angst. But if you are content with him churning out 30 mistake free run metres while others are overlooked, then good luck. At least he loves the club, and it's great to watch a guy living his dream.

Samuela's stats may well be better.
Were they good because he was being shopped around?
I haven't seen much of ressies of late, could his lack of 1st grade since signing with the Tigers be a case of he's put the cue in the rack?

Samuela's stats may well be better.
Were they good because he was being shopped around?
I haven't seen much of ressies of late, could his lack of 1st grade since signing with the Tigers be a case of he's put the cue in the rack?
Samuela's stats are better in first grade!

Woods has been selected over Bullemore, Keppie and Samuela.

Ethan and Keppie were only recalled after the injuries to Aloiai and Paseka.

Sharon produced 30 run metres last weekend.

Things that make you go hmmmm......

Stop the fight. We have a TKO. How we have got to 31 pages on this is as much a mystery as why we signed Woodsy.

30 metres, and how many mins did he play? 13 or so wasn't it?

Whilst this wont change the grumbles, it wasn't an 80 min game from him.

30 metres, and how many mins did he play? 13 or so wasn't it?

Whilst this wont change the grumbles, it wasn't an 80 min game from him.
Exactly , but of course the haters love using the stats that make him look bad , not the fact that he was barely on the field so yes those stats are going to look poor.

Look I might sound like a Woods super fan , I’m actually not , and a lot of what is said is possibly fair but it annoys the crap out of me that even before he arrived the haters were hating , and haven’t stopped , and they have blinkers on that every single thing he does is poor.

And really they aren’t , although I freely admit he’s no superstar , but he does a job and clearly the football department agrees.

And as to why isn’t Fainu being chosen.

Well to me that’s simple , he chose $$$$ over the club , so why should he be rewarded with first grade appearances for a club he has no interest in.

I don't know the real story and can only go on what is written in the Media

Articles quoting players are probably a bit more creditable than stories written by the Rothfield's quoting unnamed players or sources
Also written by journalists ( or AI) , neither will be 100%

I don’t take much from the media these days , but I simply look at the picture and try and think what’s logical.

And the club actively chasing Woods , and offering two youngsters with promise as payment sounds very very illogical to me , but if you believe that , then all good.

Ultimately we choose the narrative that best suits what we personally think anyway.

E

Well to me that’s simple , he chose $$$$ over the club , so why should he be rewarded with first grade appearances for a club he has no interest in.
Because it is a professional sport and this is why he chose money over the club as professional players do to secure their financial future

It is also an a very armature mentality to refrain those players from assisting your team to make the finals

Stop the fight. We have a TKO. How we have got to 31 pages on this is as much a mystery as why we signed Woodsy.

Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital

The amazing Lodge, 112 in 45mins = 2.4m per minite

The Sloth Woods, 30 in 14mins = 2.1m per minute

In comparison

Molo 139 in 43 = 3.23mpm

Lawrie 133 in 45 = 2.95mpm

Those extra 30cm per minute can make all the difference

What does this all show, that stats can be easily manipulated to suit, (72% of stats are made up) and also I’m bored as **** at work today

Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital

The amazing Lodge, 112 in 45mins = 2.4m per minite

The Sloth Woods, 30 in 14mins = 2.1m per minute

In comparison

Molo 139 in 43 = 3.23mpm

Lawrie 133 in 45 = 2.95mpm

Those extra 30cm per minute can make all the difference

What does this all show, that stats can be easily manipulated to suit, (72% of stats are made up) and also I’m bored as **** at work today
Stop the fight !!!
Congratulations Kiwi Eagle for this final knock out punch post !

1690942172719.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10